Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'll be moving to Denver in a couple weeks. I don't have a bike at the moment, but plan on getting a wr250x as soon as I'm settled. Hopefully this thread stays active. I was looking for some goons to ride with out there.

Maybe some veteran CO riders could post a few routes to get the thread going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
These are awesome, can't wait to ride them. I'm going to check that wr out on Saturday morning. I don't usually see the x model listed so I'm seriously considering buying it.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Buying the bike this weekend. It's in great shape and he was willing to drop the price a bit.

How strict are cops around here with license plates? The current plate mount is way up under the tail and sideways. If cops won't give me poo poo about it I plan on just keeping it that way.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I dunno bro I don't ride with squids.

Real answer: I've never been stopped on my bike, but I ride like an old man in town and an XJ600 is hardly copbait. I've never seen anything that indicates that bikes are profiled though. ATTGATT and minimal hoonery are probably your best insurance.

lol I ride like a grandpa too - I was just wondering about license plates specifically. For example, in DC you could have your plate mounted so far under the tail that it wasn't visible and still be fine. One state over in VA and you were more likely to get a fix-it ticket.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Are there any DMV locations open on Saturday here? I've looked at all of them in my area and they are open like 9-4pm.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Saw a gang of groms go down broadway the other day. I like the grom but I had to lol at the sight of 10-12 of them buzzing by.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Any particular ones you'd recommend? I'm getting my plate on the WR tomorrow so I can finally ride up into mountains.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Bike plated and ready to go. I'll definitely be checking that area out and am down to meet up too. I have very little dirt experience so I'll probably be pretty slow.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Skipped work today to ride up to Pennock Pass. It was lovely.

That's awesome. I need to stop farting around and ride on some dirt roads asap.

I went for a ride on Sunday and noticed oil pouring out of my left fork. The PO told me the seals need replacing but I thought I could squeeze a few more miles out of them. Anyone have a shop recommendation around Denver?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Forgot to post this, but I got my forks done at peak performance. Thanks for the recommendation, they know their poo poo. Not the cheapest but it was within the reasonable range.

Has anyone been moto camping here outside of a designated campsite? I want to go sometime this month or next, but it seems like every official site is booked through August. Anyone know of a random secluded spot where I won't get shot in the middle of the night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

rally posted:

You could go out to boulder county. The middle st vrain trail system consists of a bunch of a jeep trails and you can camp pretty much anywhere along them. There are some good camp sites along the creek itself. I'm not sure how the trails translate over to a motorcycle since I haven't been out there in anything but a jeep but it feels doable from my memory. Also of note, as always, is rampart range where they just lifted the stage 1 fire ban. There are a couple of designated "camp grounds" there but also 2 dozen or more random camp sites along the road. If you drive down past devils head there are some really choice spots with great views and some shade.

I'll check this out, thanks!

• Locked thread