Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
loving hell. Our news showed the whole drat attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
No idea where else to post this - A coalition of fascist groups financed by fascist organizations in USA and commanded on the ground by Nazis from USA (including a number of Azov Battalion volunteers from the Californian white nationalist Rise Above Movement) have started attacking Romani communities and vandalizing monuments to WW2 antifascist resistance in Serbia in a coordinated manner.

e: The American Nazis have been settling in here for the last few months, but now they're finally out in force.

my dad has issued a correction as of 00:40 on Dec 31, 2020

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Mind you, most of the footwork is done by their local toadies from Serbian fascist groups like Leviathan. On the bright side, the few Americans outright named so far, like Robert Rundo, are all second hand petty masterminds mostly notable in the past for loving up spectacularly and running away to poo poo up a different country. (e: Also, they're all small bussiness owners because of course)

ekuNNN posted:

Do you have any links to news items talking about it? in Serbian is fine.

Oof, not right now, there's very little reporting done about it, despite those assholes outright recording themselves vandalizing the Tomb of the People's Heroes.

my dad has issued a correction as of 00:59 on Dec 31, 2020

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Modern anarcho-primitivism was (as a somewhat ideologically coherent thing) accidentally started by a communist from USA who finished studies of economy in communist Yugoslavia and later became an anarchist. He made the mistake of using the word "civilization" when talking in something he published about a number of unpleasant structural similarities between how he witnessed industries operating in USA, Yugoslavia, and USSR, and spent most of the rest of his career going "goddamnit guys, no, that's not what I meant" at his tribal-fantasy fans. I tend to give him more credit than most because of his excellent writing about the 1968 communist student/worker protests against the further liberalization of the economy and the crushing of the movement by the communist party (which actively accused them of being liberals, while giving the actual liberals everything they wanted economically). The dude also made a very solid class-based economic analysis of the situation on Kosovo during his days in Yugoslavia, and correctly predicted what the situation was moving towards, what it was encouraging, and who were the most likely groups to benefit from it. He did go loopy in his later years, tho, and I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually got recruited by some intelligence agency. I am not surprised the ideology took a reactionary turn.

Somewhat related, due to them having interactions with him, the best Anarchists (as in, did the most actually useful things) in Yugoslavia around WW2 and early Cold War seem to be from Montenegro. I guess not having illusions about how tribes operate goes a long way towards not having your head stuck up your rear end in a top hat. They even had some success entering French anarchists groups and actually getting them to do things.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
For the most part, XR is an op.

However, sometimes the people in charge forget that they merely duped some people into going along, rather than having them as active participants, and hilarious things happen.

Like when the entirety of Britain's electronic warfare capabilities got deployed in an attempt to stop a "flying" drone that was carried on a long stick by a running geezer who didn't get the "we called off the plan" note.