Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

RedSpider posted:

not gonna lie this rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZMoGyr1BFU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i still believe that sam hyde's alt right turn is a giant andy kaufman style troll that in the end consumed him

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

fatherboxx posted:

Most alt-righters are comfortably middle class incels with brains melted from anime and video games.
They have more in common with Tsarnaevs and Jihadi John than recruits from Iraq and Syria.

tbf thats also true of a lot of international isis volunteers, though less anime probably

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

hyde's failure to grift his altright fans through a patreon is his greatest failing

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Bushiz posted:

Blaming Tumblr for the alt-right is, at the most charitable, the "they hate us for our freedoms" of the culture war.

Huge quantities of dispossessed young men in a society that repeatedly reiterates that they should be successful and in charge are gonna gravitate to the system that speaks to that. Mocking teens on tumblr is an in-group bonding exercise for them, but it's not some lynchpin to the movement. If they didn't have tumblr it'd just be something else they'd be yelling at.

yep

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

all of youtube turning itno a nazi hellscape is pretty funny

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

next up, ASMR girl talks about white genocide

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Can I get some names? I'm pretty sure this is the poo poo my coworker is into and I need to know which one(s) he's into.

thank god i can only identify one, lauren southern

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ScrubLeague posted:

there are like 8 conservatives on SA outside of GIP/TFR

gbs

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol jesus christ what

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

im trying to imagine some middle aged conservative mom reading about /pol/ in a breitbart comment or something, googlinig it and actually looking at the posts....... and liking them

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

this thread with a cartoon nazi anime girl loving allong with a dozen posts spamming IVANKA IS A TRAP over and over is my kiind of stuff - 45 year old conservative mom on the family computer

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

FaustianQ posted:

Why on earth would older people people be less susceptible to the alt-right rhetoric? The road might be different but young and old can totally arrive at the same destination.

have you ever looked at /pol/

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i agree that older people can easily fall into alt right ideas and such, but /pol/ itself is another beast

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

rudatron posted:

/pol/ is just the conservative + reactionary id unconstrained by any pretense of the super ego, of course conservatives housewives are going to chuckle at it or whatever

i dont believe youve spent more than five minutes on /pol/ if you think this tbh

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Reddit would also be the natural incubator for an American version of the Five Star Movement. That would be bad, I think.

does anyone know of any good write up about the five star movement. ive tried a bit to read around but their ideology and positions just seem... completely absurd?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Crowsbeak posted:

My solution to Tumblr is like my solution to the alt right . Its to build what could be called "character building camps". Preferably in northern Alaska there you can learn what really matters in life while seeing what real actual oppression looks like. These camps would be free of course.

yes let us reeducate through labor

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

yeah since trumps election there has been repeated splits in the alt right and at this point theyre bitching more about each other than sjws and libs

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/21logician/status/886316246500823040

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Qu Appelle posted:

I have an acquaintance of mine, who I found just joined the Alt-Right.

Previously, she was a radical Leftist.

How she went from 'Trump is evil' to 'Trump is my bestie' in three months is kind of mind boggling.

its possible to be both a leftist and a big dumbass

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Crane Fist posted:

White privilege is not knowing what the Nazi is going to call you during sex

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the goth skunk has logged on

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i was born on april 20th 1988 at 6:09 am, and i am the chosen one

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ryan gosling procreated with an actual gorilla producing america's leading mindset expert

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

these posts rule though

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i just realized theres a dsa poster behind him hell yeah

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/prodigis/status/890033740436705280

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/nontolerantman/status/890093269392273409

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

oh man i genuinely thought that was nazi propaganda but its actually the opposite? uh

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

I like how many angry comments are referring to the rescue ships as "human trafficking" in the most literal sense of the term possible- that is to say, vehicular traffic in which humans are involved.

Getting on the bus? Human trafficking! Riding a bike? Human trafficking! Disney cruise? Human trafficking by the thousands, women and children even!

the idea is that theyre helping non white people reach and defile Precious Europa and thus are trafficking humans purely to commit white genocide, instead of yknow trying to save desperate people

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

deadgoon posted:

antifa are really just the KKK of the left, a nominally illegal terrorist organization that is nevertheless implicitly sanctioned by the sympathetic among the authorities and the public

woah v hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

deadgoon posted:

hot as in "hot take" or hot as in "this description of antifa makes them sound sexy"

both