Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

If there's one plus with neofascism it's that its base is loving incel dorks. Imagine these people in the SS. Sad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

The Kingfish posted:

ANTIFA needs to be extremely careful about who they bash. "Useful to Nazis" is entirely different from actual Nazis. This type of thing is what I was afraid of, we are hosed if the left starts thinking it's justified in busting up conservative meetings. They might be able to get away with it with Milo but this really can't become a trend or there is gonna be backlash that we won't have an answer to.

This. This this this this. This.

I can loving guarantee that there are people tied to the far right who are begging for this to happen and inciting it as much as they possibly can. Maybe Kingfish is making a somewhat slippery slope-y point but it's still worth taking into account.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Too bad that fascist sympathizing libs like Bill Maher exist

Srsly tho, if antifas start beating up people who merely show up for milo talks then that's uncool and bad

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Always Sunny should have a "Dennis Reynolds Is a Nazi" episode where he pulls a Milo

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

mysterious frankie posted:

That was sad. I expecting Bill to at least try.

Not only did he not try but he endorsed doxxing trans people, or at least said it was "reasonable" jfc

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

YO. June 13th is my loving birthday

I made this happen you heard it here first

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I pretty much agree with Pale Horse. Most of what Milo was saying wasn't bad as he was mostly defending pedophilia anecdotally (i.e. it can be consensual and not traumatizing for sexually mature teens but age of consent laws are still important), and age of consent is admittedly somewhat arbitrary. The problem is how this contrasts with his reactionary anti-trans bullshit

On the scale of Milo bullshit this is one of the least groteque things he's ever said. But eh, the ends justify the means and I'm glad he's been canned for it b/c gently caress Milo

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Dreddout posted:

Nah, we are gonna get a hundred years of it in media and videogames after America loses WW3 and becomes the default bad guys in fiction

TRUMp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I like the fact that these people are arguing over why trump actually isn't stupid you guys