Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

twistedmentat posted:

I didn't realize you could be Ethnically Nazi. I guess that's like being Ethnically Juggalo.

Not sure you can get anthropology grants to study the local trailer parks, but you should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Not even sure why he went into hiding, he isn’t facing any charges afaik. (Probably entered the states illegally to get harboured though.)

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Feldegast42 posted:

Theoretically wouldn't he be in big trouble for desertion

He was a reservist and they discharged him when it came to light.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

TheBalor posted:

Why in god's name would you ambush the cops? That's just a quick way to die.

American_law_enforcement.txt

At a certain point the penalties start to loop back being an incentive to bid up.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Those West German jackets are so common I have never seen another flag on the sleeve in Canada.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

It is important to remember that it is all gang signs, and as such are mostly local or regional. There is no universal "is a nazi" signifier as even swastikas means something very different in big chunks of the world.

I still get twitchy when I see red laces in boots though, so it is tough to remember.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Maybe is the circle game... where the weight of military behaviour enforcement is what punches you in the dick.

Didn’t think about that did you?

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

FMguru posted:

you couldnt make blazing saddles today!!!!!! westerns occupy a much smaller cultural space than they did 50 years ago, no one is going to fund a spoof western

Even then, I wonder - if someone coming off of a celebrated and award-winning run of success in TV comedy (as Brooks was) and a huge hit film (again, as Brooks was) went to Hulu or Prime or Netflix and pitched an R-rated western that made fun of western tropes and how clueless and racist white people are, they'd probably say yes. Adam Sandler or Seth Macfarlane (or, hell, Spike Lee) could probably get a project like Blazing Saddles made today - except none of them would try, because Blazing Saddles already exists.

Seth MacFarlane already made A Million ways to Die.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Intel&Sebastian posted:

hot take but I'd say if Bernie was successful in any way in actually redirecting American treasure at services and support for people who make less than 6 figures it'd reduce the number of violent weirdos getting gassed up by their own personal despair and turn a good number of them back into your day to day COD addicts yelling slurs on xbox live.

This is true, but there is going to be a not insignificant lag time between starting to fix material circumstances and a return to "normal". During that time, it should be exciting.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

It is horrifying how dedicated to the cause Rush is.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Limerick posted:

Can you buy torches and pitchforks in bulk?

This is when the genius of the tiki torches shines. Torches are their thing now.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

It probably boils down to fascism being initially about aesthetics.

If you are susceptible to the aesthetics of it, then the fact that you would be first or second against the wall likely doesn't even factor into the rational. See all the hispanic Trump voters.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

One of the most disappointing things I discovered over the last few years was just how lovely a lot of the punks I used to look up to have become. Somewhere along the way a LOT of anarchists became rape apologists and/or fascists.

Deep down I know it is not a huge surprise, but here I was thinking *I* was the one that lost the plot over the years.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

72K in arbitration fees isn't going to sink Patreon... what drugs are they on?

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Not American so perhaps this is incorrect, but crossing a state line for the purpose of a 1st degree homicide is a federal crime isn't it? (I know the current charges are likely state level.)

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Another Bill posted:

Can anyone tell me why they're speaking in front of what looks to be the Canadian embassy?

I mean I know we're poo poo, but

The embassy is across the street from Trafalgar Square. I think it is just unfortunate background.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Think 2 weeks is the statutory minimum notice period.

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Someone is definitely owned and it may even be me.

https://twitter.com/prisonplanet/status/1332045233455058945?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Why are you all trying to convince the dude with "have a memory of the past thirty years or so of american history" that right wing violence is an actual thing? He obviously knows what is going on.

Once Trump is out, it will be back to whatever was happening between 1991 and 2016.