Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Shageletic posted:

EDIT: At this point Meryl Streep is stopping the recognition of younger stars.

People say the same thing about Julia Louis-Dreyfus and that she should withdraw her name from future Emmy consideration, and I just don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GonSmithe posted:

I still can't believe that they were so petty about it being a Netflix movie that they completely snubbed it.

I think the concept of "A Netflix Original Film" was so alien to people in 2015 that they couldn't quite wrap their heads around it. (I mean, I think Beasts was actually Netflix's first-ever original film release.)

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Best Picture
La La Land

Best Director
Damien Chazelle

Best Actress
Emma Stone

Best Actor
Casey Affleck

Best Supporting Actress
Viola Davis

Best Supporting Actor
Mahershala Ali

Best Animated Film
Zootopia

Best Foreign Film
The Salesman

Best Documentary
OJ: Made in America

Best Original Screenplay
Manchester by the Sea

Best Adapted Screenplay
Moonlight

Best Original Song
"City of Stars"

Best Original Score
La La Land

Best Cinematography
La La Land

Best Costume Design
Jackie

Best Production Design
La La Land

Best Visual Effects
The Jungle Book

Best Editing
La La Land

Best Make-Up
Star Trek Beyond

Best Sound Editing
La La Land

Best Sound Mixing
La La Land

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Omnikin posted:

Definitely too late for that?

They used to lock it at the beginning of February. They now continue editing much later (I remember a few years back they were able to squeeze Ramis in), but day-of would be pushing it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

okay what emmy then

A song at the Tonys.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Harlock posted:

Beauty and the Bomb

It's tracking for a $130 million opening.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

not as much as they got out of that Seinfeld episode

Wasn't that Jujyfruits?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Harlock posted:

Gene Wilder

Mary Tyler Moore.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DC Murderverse posted:

Yelchin is the biggest bummer because that dude is my loving age.

And such a terrible, painful way to die. :smith:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Robnoxious posted:

Was he the one that got pinned in his garage by his car and asphixiated?

Pinned against a fence in his driveway, I think.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vertical Lime posted:

how much does it kill netflix that amazon beat them to winning oscars

Ted Sarandos is going to have the mother of all tantrums in the office tomorrow.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Corek posted:

I bet they wanted Sidney Poitier who was in the movie that actually won 50 years ago but he probably said no

Poitier is like 90 years old and barely mobile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Dave posted:

Kimmel was definitely the worst during the whole thing. Everyone was legitimately confused and trying to gather their headspace and he just kept lobbing the lowest effort jokes.

I thought overall he was a pretty great host (although the airdropped food gag got pretty old) but he's never been great at handling things when they go completely off-script like they did at the end there. I give him credit for trying to wrangle it as best he could, though -- he's gone a long way from the premiere of his late-night show fifteen years ago, when he had gotten so completely drunk with Snoop in the green room that they were incoherently putting things in a deep fryer and Adam Carolla had to come on-stage from the audience to keep him from burning the studio down.

The trend of audience participation stuff (pizza delivery, PB&J sandwiches, the stupid tour bus gag) really needs to end, though.

• Locked thread