Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
I've only seen like 3 things so far but hey, a free chance at archives :shobon:

Best Picture: La La Land
Best Director: Damien Chazelle
Best Actor: Casey Affleck
Best Actress: Natalie Portman
Best Supporting Actor: Mahershala Ali
Best Supporting Actress: Viola Davis
Best Original Screenplay: Manchester by the Sea
Best Adapted Screenplay: Moonlight
Best Animated Film: Zootopia
Best Foreign Language Film: The Salesman
Best Live Action Short: La Femme et le TGV
Best Animted Short: Piper
Best Original Score: La La Land
Best Original Song: La La Land - "City of Stars"
Best Sound Editing: Hacksaw Ridge
Best Sound Mixing: Hacksaw Ridge
Best Production Design: La La Land
Best Cinematography: La La Land
Best Makeup and Hairstyling: Suicide Squad
Best Costume Design: Jackie
Best Film Editing: La La Land
Best Visual Effects: The Jungle Book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Who wins tonight's award for "wait, why are they here?"

Dakota Johnson. A Bigger Splash didn't get anything, first 50 Shades was last year, How to Be Single... :shrug:

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

surf rock posted:

It is absolutely hilarious that a film as lovely as Suicide Squad won an Oscar. Bunch of old dudes jerkin' it to Margot Robbie, I bet.

I mean, yeah:

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

GonSmithe posted:

:siren: And here are the results of the Oscar Contest! :siren:

A couple of you forgot to include all the categories which was pretty silly of you.

The categories that had the least correct answers were Best Makeup (only Allyn guessed correctly), the two sound categories, and Best Costuming (only two correct answers). Best Picture also only had two or three correct guesses.

So the winners are Shneak and dont even fink about it! Shneak please post in the thread what you'd like (because I can't PM you), and DEFAI please PM me what you would like.

Thanks for participating all those who did and better luck next year!

I noticed halfway through the ceremony I missed the documentary lines off the Wikipedia list and would've been right in one of my two guesses there, I am a dumbass :(

• Locked thread