Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I feel weird that I thought La La Land was good but didn't blow me away or anything. I unironically think that Zootopia, a Disney movie for children, was both more complex and more entertaining.

I feel like Moonlight is probably a Very Good Movie and basically all the acting was spot on but I felt pretty disconnected from the film as a non-black non-American that grew up in lower-class suburbs that, while containing drugs, weren't dominated by them.
Which I suppose is weird because I just mentioned a film that contains a city of talking animals.

Maybe the disconnection was the intended effect? I just didn't feel a connection to Chiron.

Anyway City of Stars shouldn't win best original song because Ryan Gosling is not a good singer and also that's not even one of the better songs in that movie. That also goes for Moana though since How Far I'll Go is worse than Where You Are and You're Welcome and Voyagers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Whether or not you think Zootopia deserved Best Animated is basically conditional on whether you think the big long drag in the middle with the sloths and then the Godfather joke dragged down the rest of the film too much or not.

Moana was pretty good and pretty and had nice songs and a fresh setting but plot-wise pretty standard Disney stuff.

I liked Kubo best but oh well.

• Locked thread