Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

twerking on the railroad posted:

Just saw "Fences." I'm not sure if this is quite fair but my feeling when watching it was that it was the black Glengarry Glen Ross. It's basically a vehicle for Denzel Washington and Viola Davis to go on extended monologues and just basically act everyone else's faces off.
Yeah to be fair Denzel has been wanting to get this movie made for a long time and its a shame that August Wilson died long before his wishes were granted in having his play adapted by a black director were made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Vegetable posted:

War Horse was good, haters be hating
I do like the reason Meat Loaf voted it for BP was because it made him cry

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

General Dog posted:

Controversial take: I think Lin Manuel Miranda is good
What has he done other than make a popular musical that is catnip to centerist suburbanite liberals.... ohhhhhhhh

Still he's friends with mcelroy brothers so he's alright by me

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Everything about sting comes across as unbelievably pretentious.
What if pulled his face revealing that it was a mask and that he is actually Surfer Sting?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

remember when spotlight won best picture lmao
Movies with Mark Ruffalo and Michael Keaton deserve to win all the Oscars :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

So my understanding of Fences is that it's 45 seconds long and is just Denzel Washington telling his son he doesn't like him?
Hey you could watch the version with James Earl Jones doing that 45 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_kGtQmvrVI

• Locked thread