Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dire Chinchilla
Mar 27, 2013

Vegetable posted:

If there ever was a year, this should have been the one for including a different sort of film. The Handmaiden is heads and shoulders above most of the nominees. Funniest movie of the year Hunt for the Wilderpeople got shamefully overlooked even at the Globes (at least the HFPA had the guts to nominate Sing Street there). Toni Erdmann was an absolute favorite of the critics (still need to see it).

South Korea decided not to submit The Handmaiden, they went with some other movie (that was critically acclaimed too but wasn't even released in my country, so I can't judge it myself) and it ended up not being nominated. Good job, South Korea.

Meryl Streep is incapable of giving a bad performance, but Florence Foster Jenkins is such a painfully mediocre movie, if I were the Academy I'd be embarassed to nominate anybody involved in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread