Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Ovo posted:

I am baffled by Hacksaw getting nominated for anything. I saw parts of it at my job and it seemed a thoroughly mediocre war movie.

He is trying to convince he is a southerner in Hacksaw.

Hacksaw is ok. But Holllywood loves a comeback story with Mel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Moonlight was the best film I saw this year. It probably won't win anything.

The score to that movie is goddamn amazing.

It will get a pity award like adapted screenplay even though it wasn't adapted from anything. If La La Land sweeps then the #oscarssowhite thing will resurface and they don't want that.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

La La land i can understand but the music in Trolls is dreadful.

I prefer Riddle of the Model over all those nominees.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jan 25, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I wish movies like Lion would go on a little longer after the happy ending. It's not like everything is smooth sailing from that point on. And from what I've read they don't even get along that well today.

That war movie by Angelina Jolie did the same thing. The guy goes through years of torture before coming home. Then the movie ends and skips forward 40 years and shows the guy doing perfectly well as if he didn't suffer through PTSD and alcoholism.

• Locked thread