Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It's interesting that the video explaining why Oscar voting format rewards safe films finishes it up by saying that the year before they switched formats Crash won. Like clearly the voting format is not the issue here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hot take: La La Land is... good

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

uhhhhhhhhh

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

J33uk posted:

All due respect to Emma Stone as she's doing a pretty amazing job of damage control for this whole ceremony in her interview right now

She also said she had the winning envelope in her hand the entire time so uhhhhh PLOT THICKENS

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'd like to imagine that under similar circumstances I would be as gracious and classy as the La La Land producer but in reality I know I'd act like Larry David.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Constellation I posted:

It's funny how Jordan Horowitz is being applauded for being classy and poo poo. I mean, he took it well enough considering the circumstances. But the dude just blocked Warren Beatty from the mic, ripped the card from him (and Kimmell who was about to check out the card too) aggressively, then proceeded to call the Moonlight people up the stage somewhat aggressively.

It made for a fun GIF and was pretty funny to watch live though.

The longer they were up there the more embarassing it would be for everyone involved. Beatty was still shellshocked and Kimmel was starting to get funny. Dude did the right thing and ended it then and there.

• Locked thread