Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Jiro posted:

Are they??? I thought ESPN prints money hand over fist.

They way overpaid for broadcast rights for a bunch of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Nothing hotter than killing prostitutes.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Okay ABC, I've seen the add about two dozen times tonight and I just have to ask, how is a man that killed between 5-11 sickly prostitutes considered the most deadly man is history?

But he's so hot

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
What a loving poo poo show.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Weird what happens when you put liberals in charge

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
3 hours of defiance and mutual respect being the story immediately overshadowed by a loving train wreck. Beautiful.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

Imagine the thoughts going through the heads of the two people with the briefcases as Dunaway announces the wrong movie. They have the winners memorized, do you think they're just kinda going through the motions and then they hear something that sounds wrong and go into emergency "someone done hosed up" mode?

I'd imagine they have a rep in the control room going "Oh gently caress you guys"

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

Nah, there are two people with the results in the envelopes and they're both backstage.

If that's just how lax they are in terms of preventing this from happening then they had it coming. Even worse as the decision to just get the gently caress out of there and not give the Moonlight folks a full chance to express themselves.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
They're just digging the hole deeper on the after show.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
All due respect to Emma Stone as she's doing a pretty amazing job of damage control for this whole ceremony in her interview right now

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Where are you guys watching after show coverage?

It's on ABC here in Orlando at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Serious question: The second copy of the Best Actress envelope ended up in Beatty's hands, right?

Seemingly so. He clearly goes "the gently caress is this?" and shows it to Faye to ask "You seeing this poo poo?" and she just reads the film title she sees ignoring the wider context.

Edit: The gently caress up was bad enough, wrapping up as fast as they did while giving the Moonlight people very little time to gather themselves and talk was worse. Blind panic is a funny thing tho.

J33uk fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Feb 27, 2017

• Locked thread