Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

b-minus1 posted:

This was scripted. Now everyone will be talking about this all week, people are going to watch the video on YouTube, etc. this was planned.

WARREN BEATTY IS A CRISIS ACTOR, WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

This Oscars will be remembered forever basically, like David Niven's beautiful response to Robert Opel streaking :allears:

CONNECT THE DOTS PEOPLE

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Grem posted:

There's two of every envelope. They're handed to the presenters off stage by one of the two people who have a copy of each envelope, so it's entirely possible that the actress envelope was handed off by person A, and later person B tried to hand off best picture envelope, but handed out his copy of best actress.

This is a really poorly thought out process but at the same time it's never happened ever so...

I don't know why they don't just tell the presenters ahead of time or have a digital database tied to a teleprompter or any of the millions of better ways to run this there could be.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

bewilderment posted:

Whether or not you think Zootopia deserved Best Animated is basically conditional on whether you think the big long drag in the middle with the sloths and then the Godfather joke dragged down the rest of the film too much or not.

It's actually conditional on if you want to gently caress the rabbit or not.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Everyone looks classy next to Kimmel. Plus Warren Beatty shoulda got the gently caress outta there.

• Locked thread