Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Sea Sponge Run posted:

ive missed like nine days

i feel like a fuckup

Same. I have only cast 5 votes. It is kinda shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Rerolled until I got a 5* Roy. Did the first few dungeons and used the nintendo points reward orbs. Got a 4* Roy (and a 5* Tiki). Roy meta here we go.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Heaven Spacey posted:

Guys, this is very important to me: Has anyone drawn a Hector yet :ohdear:

Hector is in the game, but he is a base 5* unit who isn't on either banner right now, so the odds of getting him are absurdly low.

At least he isn't Ike, who isn't even in the game yet.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

AlphaKretin posted:

Jugdral characters aren't in the game at all yet, are they. :smith:

Nobody from Jugdral, Magvel, or Tellius.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

A nice little thing I noticed. If you pull on one of the banners and don't get any 5* units, you can check the banner rates and they will be updated to show how much rolling gacha is affecting it.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Holy hell does the game get more difficult once you reach chapter 9. Nothing quite like watching the enemy boss of 9-4 one-shot my level 23 Tiki from full.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Also, PSA:

There are a second tier of quests once you finish the first tier in each category (the February ones and the plotline ones). Presumably there's a third, since they're named after the difficulties.

In particular, you want to finish the February quests before you start tackling maps with level 20+ enemies. The only part that won't happen automatically is doing the second stratum of the training tower 5 times, so do that.

The second tier of the plotline quests has you doing the final map of each chapter in hard mode. This means you want to save 1-5, 2-5, etc for until you unlock the hard mode quests to avoid wasting stamina repeating them.

The lunatic tier for feb is pretty similar, except with level 35+ enemies. The two that might trip people up is a quest that requires killing 15 35+ enemies with a cavalry unit, and a quest to beat 6-1 Lunatic with Felicia in your party (she is one of the daily hero rotation iirc, so grab her if you want to do that quest).

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

MotU posted:

whos the best healer because I did a 3rd pull and got all healers + 5* Lucina :v:

3 red 5*s and Takumi though so heck thats a bad variety

I haven't seen all the healers yet, but I would probably say Clarine or Lissa are the best. Clarine can use a full party +4 speed buff every other turn, while Lissa has a +4 attack buff.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Nuebot posted:

But it's never just one. You move one unit, the whole enemy team attacks. At least, that's how it turns out on my end.

To add on to what other people have said, note that different unit types have different movement abilities. Cavalry can move 3, flying units can move 2 but go over most terrain, infantry are 2, and armor can only move 1. If you put yourself in range of an enemy cavalry or flier it will tend to sprint ahead of the rest of their team and allow themselves to get isolated and destroyed. On the other end, you can pretty much ignore armored units until the end and just keep away from them while dealing with the other units.

mabels big day posted:

Sincere question: If I mostly care about playing through the main game with characters from 8, 9, and 10, none of whom are in the game right now, is there much reason for me to play it until they add them? I feel like it would be wasting the orbs I get from the early game to use them when there's not even any chance of getting those characters. Not that I don't want -any- of the characters that are in right now, but idk, I'd rather start with Ike or something and be able to build him all the way up through the main quests. Am I misunderstanding how the game works? I guess what I'm trying to ask is what's the point in trying to get the new characters they add later if you've already beaten the bulk of the missions and built up a team of strong characters already?

As with most phone games, the content at launch is only a small fraction of what we will eventually have. The game will almost certainly have weekly or bi-weekly events and new story content will be released rather frequently. The orbs you spend now to assemble a good starter team that can clear those events will pay for themselves from things like login rewards, event rewards and the monthly quests. If you want to wait for however long it takes for the Tellius crew to arrive you can, but you aren't really missing out on anything by starting now.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 4, 2017

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

AegisP posted:

Alright, I'm officially terrified of Takumi in Arena now. Ran into one getting DEF buffs from a support unit behind her, and every unit I moused over would be one-shot (in her defense, my team has two air cavalry). Eventually had to use Stahl to whittle her HP down a tiny bit (while he ate a 25 damage counter from her), before Camilla could kill her without dying to a counter attack.

Without Camilla's double-swing, don't think I could have ever killed the Takumi, let alone the other three members of her team.

Takumi is a him.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Countblanc posted:

Losing stamina for failing story missions in 2017 is pretty insane when successful games like Granblue have proven that there are much more consumer friendly options

It works a little in this game since they give you a bunch of free revives from quest rewards each month.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

ChronoReverse posted:

That looks completely winnable to me. What's the problem here?

The problem is that Effie is really good against the two red units on the left side, but it is impossible for her to get to them because Sheena is blocking the path (who is weak to both red units). Meanwhile Effie is stuck facing a green mage who would destroy her if it gets into range. Winnable yes, but an absolute mess of a starting position.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

Is there a consensus on Roy yet? Not sure if I should just swap out Corrin(M) for him - Roy's got better defenses and Shove, Corrin's got Dragon Fang and a +4 Speed when attacking.

For the most part Roy is a fairly mediocre unit, but I have found myself going back to him quite a lot on the 5* maps. Triangle Adept lets him handle some of the hilariously powerful green units you will face and his defensive stats make him a solid roadblock against other red units.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

I am so glad that people keep putting Hector onto their arena defense teams. Found myself facing a super whale with a 40+ Hector, Ryoma, Linde, and a 40 Takumi (seriously how is the focus unit the only not + unit?), but since Hector is a non-factor I was able to pull out a really solid win.

e:

My best score ever! Only 2 deaths in the entire chain despite carrying around a redundant red and a 4* Fae.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Feb 14, 2017

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Alright, 110 orbs ready for the pursuit of a blue or green unit....

....And somehow I walk away with 77 still. This has been a good morning.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Kyte posted:

E:
Guess I won't need to spend 2k feathers on Olivia!
Julia's better than Nino, right?

Julia is better as a standalone unit, but if you build a team around Nino with lots of buffs she will really excel.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Having a high stat arena team is nice cause it is always trying to match you with higher stat teams in Advanced, which usually means teams with 1-2 Hectors. Free wins.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Yeah, I pretty much had Julia solo the map. All of the enemy units have really low attack (36?) so tanking a couple hits isn't that bad.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Lucina is going to win. The only possible way she loses is if Sharena gets a lot of support from people lacking the other heroes and the triangle advantage gives her teams a big edge in the fight.

I feel bad for Alfonse.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

Sharena is pretty popular with the hardcore players due to her usefulness and availability though.

Sharena is indeed a very solid unit, but Lucina had one of the highest finishes in the pre-launch poll and the only two characters that could beat her (Ike, Lyn) are not options. She is absurdly popular, especially in Japan.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Decided to replace Takumi with Sharena on my arena team for higher scores and holy poo poo am I in total whale territory now. So many +3-5 heroes. At least I should be able to get a 4600 score this season before the new batch of featured heroes forces me to use female robin next week.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Ironically, ever since I dropped Takumi from my offense team for Sharena my team's stat total is so high that I very rarely face enemy Takumis. Not only is my offense team better, but the teams I am facing are a lot less scary. Effie, Sharena, YTiki, and Julia has me facing every Hector and Effie under the sun.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Clarste posted:

The rewards for your team winning are significantly lower than the rewards for getting a good rank within your team, so you're probably best off choosing the least popular character, ie: Alphonse. Although I guess that depends on what happens to you after your team loses. Do you pick another one from the winners, or do you have to sit the rest of the week out?

You get to pick another team if your team loses, but not if it wins, so anyone who picked Lucina is stuck with her until the end.

e: Speaking of Lucina, new banner just provided me with one. That is nice.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Lord Ephraim posted:

I can't get any greens worth anything. First I pull a 5* Raven with -atk, so he's practically useless. Then I get Fae, who takes 70 loving damage from Lucina. Julia is okay but a 4* Nino outperforms. I've been pulling green stones with no focus unit for a higher chance of Hector and I get loving Hawkeye, the most useless 5* outside of Sakura and Lachesis.

You have the second and third best green units already. If you are pulling just for Hector know that you are pulling on like a .1% chance right now, since he isn't a focus unit.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

I envy people with Hector, cause he obliterates the new map. Doing it without was a challenge, but I pulled it off after 4-5 tries.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Elyv posted:

I keep getting this level 40 takumi without close counter on my team in the voting gauntlet and it is the most tilting thing

E: as someone without a takumi but still with a good team, the most tilting part is that he's actually still pretty drat good

If you keep getting him it means it is someone on your friend list. The event is mostly over now, but it might be a good idea to get rid of him before the next one.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

I use both Sharena and Effie on my A-Team and I love them both. No way I could pick one over the other. Effie is a literal wall of murder all reds (and wary fighter makes her quite good at dealing with most ranged units!), while Sharena is far far more mobile (really important on maps like the two bridge one where Effie can get stuck somewhere) and gives all kinds of buffs/debuffs.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Quick Riposte is hilariously great on slower units.

40+8 Eirika.

Her death also charged up Glimmer which let Sharena murder another unit the next turn.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

A second 4* Michalis might actually allow me to do the flier quest alongside a 4* Est and 3* Narcian. Guess I am alarm clocking.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Finally completed the last tower quest. Despite having my only real 5* (outside of infantry), the 15 armor wins was by far the hardest. I kept all my armors clumped up so Effie could get all the buffs, but it also set me up for the occasional rear end in a top hat enemy who would go around her and strike at my Draugs and Sheenas. Cavalry was tricky, but not as bad, despite having a really weak team (5* Priscilla, 4* Eliwood, Peri, Ursula). Being able to kite enemies around on most maps was a godsend. Flyers was a joke, 4* Cherche with an inherited brave axe was capable of ORKO'ing almost every non-red I fought. 4* Michalis, Est, and a goddamn hero 3* Narcian who tanked everything for me rounded out that team.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

They deleted the tweet almost instantly. Who is hyped for bunny Xander?

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Pulled a Bunny Chrom with 20 orbs, probably not a good unit, but I was lacking in axe units and really just wanted one of these hilarious units from the banner. Also got a 4* Klein who looks like a juicy steak with his deathblow 3.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Decided to do a couple pulls on the new banners since the 5* rate is super high if you just pull for the focus color. Ended up getting an off-banner Effie (my second!) and Linde before scoring a Camilla and Hinoka. 80 orbs well spent.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Kinda impressed that Palla and Minerva are doing so well. Old school FE representing decently even if the best Whitewing isn't in this event.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Ultimate nuke is ready.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

It is fun hilariously overkilling Effies through Wary Fighter. New arena feels a lot easier. Got a 4760 score for the season as well.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

I told myself that I wasn't going to pull on this banner, but of course my willpower cracked and I dropped all 120 orbs onto it. Got a -def Lukas (ugh), a -atk Male Corrin (ugh).... and my second Linde. I am alright with this result.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Blade Ursula stops being so scary after fighting a team with a Blade Spring Camilla backed by full flier buffs and a Ninian on a map with heavy forest. She could strike almost anywhere.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

Nothing quite like having 6 perfect fights and the 7th ends up being some 698 score turbo whale with a full SI Nino/Eirika/Azura/Hector team that refuses to ever separate. Spent about 30 minutes in that battle cause I refused to lose my streak. Thankfully after about 6 turns of fleeing for my life and manipulating the AI so that it doesn't dance Nino across the map I eventually caught Eirika by herself and killed her with my Cherche, leading to my eventual win. 4796 score for the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

I for one appreciate the free Catria since all my attempts to acquire one previously have ended in failure. Best Whitewing.