Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Mierenneuker posted:

This gacha is very cruel.

The red summon was a three star Olivia... after I trained and upgraded one of those to four stars not even 12 hours ago.

Clearly that means the next summoning will be fantastic :shepface:

I legitimately believe this game has the most demoralizing gacha I've experienced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Oh Snapple! posted:

I legitimately believe this game has the most demoralizing gacha I've experienced.

It's simultaneously better than FFBE (because you get discounts) and also worse (because you get the slow creeping dread of disappointment as you get 3* after 3*, rather than the flashbang 11-pull of FFBE/FFRK).

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
5 star characters don't exist

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I think my fiance is up to like a six percent bonus chance for the featured five star. She has like half a page of Odin Darks and Bartes.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Oh Snapple! posted:

Because there's actually a good chance of getting something useful so you can get your hopes up?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

sassassin posted:

Because there's actually a good chance of getting something useful so you can get your hopes up?

Yup. In the image I posted it could have been two Hectors and two Takumis! I was robbed, I tells you!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mierenneuker posted:

Yup. In the image I posted it could have been two Hectors and two Takumis! I was robbed, I tells you!

If you rolled on the Takumi banner and only opened white you might have a chance.

Opening white on this one is just asking for disappointment, though.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

sassassin posted:

If you rolled on the Takumi banner and only opened white you might have a chance.

Opening white on this one is just asking for disappointment, though.

It's probably the correct color to roll if you are going for one of the banner units and get 0 orbs of the correct color. And then you get a 5 star Sakura or some poo poo as your deserved punishment.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

What do I do here? Takumi is a given and Marth seems like a good idea to make 5* eventually.

I feel like Raven is alright sometimes and the flier slot is slowly becoming pretty useless

I also have 4 fredericks

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

What do I do here? Takumi is a given and Marth seems like a good idea to make 5* eventually.

I feel like Raven is alright sometimes and the flier slot is slowly becoming pretty useless

I also have 4 fredericks

Obviously you have to get Fred to 5* 40+3

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

sassassin posted:

Obviously you have to get Fred to 5* 40+3

I was considering it but he doesn't even seem that good

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Trihugger posted:

I'd go Marth, Takumi, Nino, Olivia. Takumi and Nino both benefit a lot form +spd and +atk buffs. If you like Lyn better, you can go with her instead of Marth, but I think Marth is considered slightly better.

EDIT: Oh tactics. Marth can take care of Hector, random greens, dragons, and tank 1 hit from any swordlords. Don't be afraid to let Takumi take a hit. Baiting an enemy Takumi with your Takumi is probably the best way to handle him, since Nino won't be able to 1-shot him until she's a 5*. She's still your answer to everything blue. Nino takes some set up to get her damage buffs up so it takes a bit of planning. There are going to be turns where you don't attack with Nino, just to buff her for the next turn. She still offers a lot of utility with Draw Back. Takumi offers an easier, more consistent source of damage while Nino offers nuking away specific problems like Robin. You may want to get Olivia to 4* since that gives Nino +2 attack, but getting Nino to 5* gives her +6 attack so you may want to save up for that instead.

akulanization posted:

Olivia at 4* is as good as Olivia gets really. Hone Attack 3 and dance are her utility. While she can do some incidental damage vs axes or swords, a few stat points will make a difference in 1-2% of arena matches at most.

I'd go Kagero, Olivia, CorrinF and finish out the team with a 5 star. Probably not Marth as while his variance is lower than Lyn's, his upside isn't as high and the people that Falchion gives him a free win against also lose hard to Kagero. Takumi is obviously good and I still run into people with fliers on their defense teams so clearly he still has utility.

Alright, I'll try both out. My main problem is I am easily distracted and end up forgetting about somebody in range that can oneshot my unit and that totally ruins my score. I barely manage to rank. Thanks for the advice.
I've been a bit afraid of removing Serra 'cause you get a lot less slack when there's no healing but I suppose I need to Git Gud at some point.

E:
Guess I won't need to spend 2k feathers on Olivia!
Julia's better than Nino, right?

Kyte fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Feb 18, 2017

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I was considering it but he doesn't even seem that good

Do you want to hear a joke

Frederick's Resistance stat

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
My Ephraim is one below his average top level speed at 27.

Hopefully the game's not messing with me.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ok I also have 3* Female Corrin and Nino and it looks like those might be better options for blue and green than what I have if I level them all the way up and promote?

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Finally pulled a Robin and it's -atk/+res. Sorry man, looks like you have to go home.

That's it with the free to play orbs. Story missions done, all other sources picked up, and I have four 5* and a good collection of 4* with good stats. Feathers look like to be the real grind of the game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
guys, I have a 3* Level 40 Lissa. Should I rank her up? I only got like 13000ish feathers though

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

Oh Snapple! posted:

Never play marvel puzzle quest. You need to pull not just for character, but skill, and each skill multiple time to raise skill level.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

TheKingofSprings posted:

Corrin F is probably your best solution there for dealing with armor units and she's just really good in general.

arent most armored units Green though? seems like a bad idea to fight hector with a triangle disadvantage

anyone know why Tiki (young) is ranked higher thank Tiki (Old)? Old seems like the ultimate green armor murderball

e: oh yeah, effie is blue

Setset fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Feb 18, 2017

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Lube banjo posted:

arent most armored units Green though? seems like a bad idea to fight hector with a triangle disadvantage

anyone know why Tiki (young) is ranked higher thank Tiki (Old)? Old seems like the ultimate green armor murderball

The young version can be pulled at 5 stars, the older version can't, and also has significantly less speed. Though, yes, she does have a higher natural attack stat, such that if you rank her up she will have more attack than the young version, and of course, being able to always counter is nice to have. Also a bit more defence I believe.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ApplesandOranges posted:

It's simultaneously better than FFBE (because you get discounts) and also worse (because you get the slow creeping dread of disappointment as you get 3* after 3*, rather than the flashbang 11-pull of FFBE/FFRK).

You don't get them in Exvius either because the rolls are bad and a rainbow crystal will still just pump out a 5* shadow or some poo poo like that. Supposedly we're getting a fix for that soon now.

Lord Ephraim posted:

Finally pulled a Robin and it's -atk/+res. Sorry man, looks like you have to go home.

That's it with the free to play orbs. Story missions done, all other sources picked up, and I have four 5* and a good collection of 4* with good stats. Feathers look like to be the real grind of the game.

It doesn't look too hard to get feathers unless you want to upgrade every 4* in the game or something. They'll probably have more events that give out free feathers too, twitter and facebook campaigns are a pretty popular and common thing to do for mobile games.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Are there any good flyers that aren't green? Minerva wrecks poo poo and so does Camille, and I want to make a gimmick defense team based on Ward Flyers, but with all the red and takumi running around...

Right now I'm thinking Minerva, Subaki, Catria, ??? for GBB.

Likewise, a Gunter Hone Cavalry team would be fun. Gunter, Sully, Peri, Stahl - good color coverage, favors beating Red, and on any open map they would run the other team down. +6 Atk/Spd for anyone starting next to Gunter. Meanwhile, flyer I only have Minerva, Catria, Subaki, Churche, and Beruka - though I do have a 2* Palla who learns Goad Flyers and could be a good 4th for the above lineup.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Feb 18, 2017

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I'm having some success with Effie / Corrin / Kagero / Eirika now, although I kind of miss having 2 ranged people. My Effie problems largely went away once I got it through my head that I needed to not get ahead of her. It's a much slower way to play, but at least I'm not just using 3 people with a lumbering tank 4 moves behind.

For you gatcha veterans out there, how do you justify putting money into these games? I really like this game, and I wouldn't mind putting some money into it, but it costs roughly $12 for a 5 pull. I have a maybe 3-6% chance of getting a useful character each time and that seems ridiculous. The low chance / high relative cost of pulls makes me just not spend anything.

I'd rather pay more money for hero feathers or something.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Substandard posted:

I'm having some success with Effie / Corrin / Kagero / Eirika now, although I kind of miss having 2 ranged people. My Effie problems largely went away once I got it through my head that I needed to not get ahead of her. It's a much slower way to play, but at least I'm not just using 3 people with a lumbering tank 4 moves behind.

For you gatcha veterans out there, how do you justify putting money into these games? I really like this game, and I wouldn't mind putting some money into it, but it costs roughly $12 for a 5 pull. I have a maybe 3-6% chance of getting a useful character each time and that seems ridiculous. The low chance / high relative cost of pulls makes me just not spend anything.

I'd rather pay more money for hero feathers or something.

you will only be disappointed with any money spent on this game. if anything, it will cause a backlog of 4* characters that you really just want to 5* but can't because of the severe lack of feathers

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I spent no money on any game, and I playedna lot of mobile games.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Lube banjo posted:

you will only be disappointed with any money spent on this game. if anything, it will cause a backlog of 4* characters that you really just want to 5* but can't because of the severe lack of feathers

Or 4* who you can level up to be usable as 4*. I'm a little concerned with how painful its going to be to level up once the training tower isn't half.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

i finished all the lunatic so i guess im done with this game for a while

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Nephzinho posted:

Or 4* who you can level up to be usable as 4*. I'm a little concerned with how painful its going to be to level up once the training tower isn't half.

The half cost is permanent

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Tired Moritz posted:

Azama isn't trash. I think he's legit pretty good.

Azama is my god drat boy. Fair enough I don't have loads of good characters so maybe he's trash in the grand scheme but that lad sits in every team I make.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Nephzinho posted:

Very much hope they decide to not do that. I imagine lots of people (including me) will just quit bc the game will become downright uninteractive

E:

Tae posted:

The half cost is permanent

Oh good. They should also probs keep the two daily crystals

Oil of Paris fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 18, 2017

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Kyte posted:

E:

Probably not tbh. Nino is the best offensive tome user because she has fantastic bases, useful abilities, and a weapon that can be pumped to deal ridiculous bonus damage and practically one shots the entire roster. Julia is held back by bad Spd and she can one shot everyone too, but only with Dragon Fang procced.

Julia is strong and useful especially if you don't have a Falchion but tons of relevant threats double her and more importantly she'll almost never double anyone on her own which is a bad trait for an explodey mage.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Since everyone else is doing it, where should I go with this team?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
whens fehherder

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Vitamin P posted:

Azama is my god drat boy. Fair enough I don't have loads of good characters so maybe he's trash in the grand scheme but that lad sits in every team I make.

He'll always be useful for training purposes. Pain is fantastic at weakening enemies so your other characters can finish them off.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Kyte posted:

E:

Julia is better as a standalone unit, but if you build a team around Nino with lots of buffs she will really excel.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KnoxZone posted:

Julia is better as a standalone unit, but if you build a team around Nino with lots of buffs she will really excel.

You don't need that much to make Nino (or Tharja for that matter) good. A single unit with a good buff probably enough.

Sharena alone can give them +12 damage.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
No Marth or Lucina, so how's Chrom? I think I have one with +def/-res so he's looks to be a pretty strong tank. All dragons hit res, no? What's the point of a defense heavy Falchion user?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

Dragonball Dokkan Battle used to have Goku go super and rainbow text appearing to symbolize a rare pull. Sometime around the 6 month mark, they changed it so that it doesn't really mean much. In fact, Goku can go super saiyan 2, saiyan spacecraft will streak through the skies, Mr. Satan will float through the air in the power updraft and the summon text will turn rainbow but you'll only get the equivalent of a 3* along with nine other 2* characters.

We have it good here in comparison.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

TheKingofSprings posted:

Since everyone else is doing it, where should I go with this team?

I don't have any experience with cav units in arena, but Cain seems like the Takumi killer in the party. If you can make it work where Cain doesn't get killed by the rest of the enemy team after engaging Takumi, then this seems fine. If you have problems with this, probably replace Cain with Robin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Philip Rivers posted:

Probably not tbh. Nino is the best offensive tome user because she has fantastic bases, useful abilities, and a weapon that can be pumped to deal ridiculous bonus damage and practically one shots the entire roster. Julia is held back by bad Spd and she can one shot everyone too, but only with Dragon Fang procced.

Julia is strong and useful especially if you don't have a Falchion but tons of relevant threats double her and more importantly she'll almost never double anyone on her own which is a bad trait for an explodey mage.

Aww that's a bit sad. At least saves me from frantic leveling. :v:

I suppose a -Atk +Spd nature is not enough to solve her problem?