Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Aw junk, this new banner blows. I really need a blue that doesn't suck, and I'd really like it to be ranged :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Yeah, that's what I mean. My only other ranged is Elise, who isn't very good anyway but my only other 5*. I got extremely unlucky with my other rolls and everyone is subpar three-star units. My red is Tiki and my green is Camilla, which seems to work out halfway okay even when half the arena fights I see have Takumi in, and I'm not willing to give either of them up. I'd drop Elise if I got a replacement though :v:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Spellman posted:

Yea they want you to get that first 5* hero pretty fast, as an ad for the summoning mechanic

That's funny, it took me like ten restarts to get a single 5* :v

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Seriously I need something that can fight the endless shitstream of red Lords, when do we get a new banner because this one is terrible.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Sharena's right there dude

You'll forgive me if her utter uselessness to this point has discolored my opinion of her.

e: to clarify she consistently does 0 damage to lords so i really have no idea what you're talking about

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 18, 2017

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
lol my buddy was messaging me like "brah check out this 5* i just rolled" so i tried pulling

4* +spd -res Robin, and for any pesky casters, I already have Tiki or Camilla. Sword Lords come at me :unsmigghh:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cosmic Afro posted:

Sooooooo, does anyone have a good place to farm that whole beat Level 35+ Armoured unit lunatic quest? I'd sure love to have that 5 orbs, myself.

Training 7 seems ok, anything higher would be even better.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm happy we're not flooded with mages because it means my friend Hector continues to have less counters.

Hector is my friend too, hes a guarantee ohko

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

sassassin posted:

Sub in one low level scrub and get easier matchups.

Strangely, because this has become such a popular method, when I sub in a low-level scrub, I fight teams with one low-level scrub and three beast-tier assholes

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nuebot posted:

Yup! I use a team of full 40's now since I dropped Olivia in favor of my new strategy of just walling everyone off with Roy and Hector while Nino and Jeorge shoot them from behind the meatwall, and the arena has never been easier. I haven't seen a single takumi.

No I mean your experience is the exact opposite of mine, I sub in one low-level guy and all I run into is well-built teams with like 1* Wrys

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I think the game is just fuckin with me at this point and matching me in the arena to fights I have to lose, I just got three blues and a Takumi. My green is Camilla.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Andrast posted:

Bait Takumi out, kill him and have Camilla go to town?

Lol not on the fuckin maps I got, can't bait Takumi on the breakable wall bullshit.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Servaetes posted:

Okay, the red dragon lady is kinda driving me nuts considering she massacres Hector and doubly crushes Robin under a boulder with like a 39 damage counterattack and he just tickles her

If any dragon lady gives you guff, just bring a Sword Lord. God knows I fuckin hate them.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Roger Explosion posted:

If anything, just like in Awakening, Owain will come with his own SORD and it will be a full-on Dave Strider legendary piece of crap.

owain will be a green and legendary sord++ will grant advantage against sword lords

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

surf rock posted:

But, I also know that folks think male Robin is awesome (he seemed underpowered when I was using him, but that was as a four-star)

What's his IVs? I could see, like, +HP -Spd being positively horrendous. For me, +Spd -Res, he destroys sword lords at a distance and tanks hard if they get up in his business. Ever since bringing him up to speed, I basically have a 90% win rate on every map except for gently caress These Fences and Bullshit Lava Maze.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lube banjo posted:

If only I had saved more orbs, I wonder what could have been

3* oboro x2
3* +res/-atk tharja

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
:smaug: "i bet if i roll the princess banner i'll have an okay chance to pick up nino since there's no green focus"
:retrogames: here it's a 5* lucina
:smaug: "gently caress wrong waifu"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
wooooooooooow, i just burned 60 fuckin orbs and they were all 3* barst what the gently caress

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tae posted:

I have some monkey paw luck by getting 5 star focus units, but they're the not-good ones like Elise and Sanaki. I want a Lucina, goddamnit.

i'll trade you 5* lucina for 5* nino

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ostentatious posted:

Yeah I am probably replacing Camilla with Nino. She seems way too good paired with a Rally Attack and other silly buffs

Camilla is pretty junk. Her mobility is ok, but she's crazy vulnerable to... well, everything, and since units can't fly over walls anyway, it's smarter to take someone who can just shoot over them instead.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nuebot posted:

Which one is that tiki?

The one with heal aura.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

MotU posted:

now the question is who gets Close Counter :getin:

robin, to double punish any melee unit dumb enough to attack him

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I got Nino trying to pull the new dancer and I want to use her on my team! But I've recently started running into high-RES units and I feel like having casters only would be a bad idea. How can I make this work?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
poo poo, ever since I put in 4* olivia i've been unstoppable, and these sword lord fuckers keep feeding me defense points because I lead with Tiki lol

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Clawtopsy posted:

(Especially Owain & Severa in their cool forms)

Owain has a specific cool form? What?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

death to all hector-havers

young tiki brings death to all hector-havers, yes

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Retcon posted:

If you already have a Dancer, Nowi will end up being more useful anyway. Mine's -ATK and she's still amazing. Beats Takumi 1v1 and walls stuff all day long.

And you should, but if you had dragon dancer then you could get that stupid skill where she buffs up all other manaketes' stats by a tremendous +6 across the board :v:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
tfw u tryna roll nowi or dragon dancer and u get linde and u like i don't want linde

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
My gut says +spd because doubling is doubling but missing out on (or gaining) an extra 3atk isn't as huge as it sounds.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I spent 60 orbs on the fighting Michalis banner trying to get a Minerva because I'm an idiot and got a total of three 4* units and the rest were 3* trash. What the heck, I didn't even get any Selenas for triangle adept

I spent 60 orbs on the Ninian banner and I got four blues

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Silver Falcon posted:

I was poking through my units and I realized I even have everything I need for an all-dragonstone team if I want to make one!

I have a 5* Nowi, Adult Tiki, several Corrins, and a Fae!

Unfortunately, Fae kinda sucks because her stats are fairly low. Her C-skill is great! But it's one of those skills that looks a lot better on any other character you could afford to put it on :(

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Silver Falcon posted:

Aww, that's a shame. Murderchicken is the cutest dragon. :3: Still, she would probably do fine on an all-dragon gimmick team, surely?

Maybe with Ninian because of her Aura, yeah.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

A rational person who wanted good characters would spend their orbs on the pegasus or wyvern banner

I am not a rational person, and I want bunnies

a rational person doesn't bother with pegasus or wyverns because they suuuuuuuuck

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Minerva is good and strong and my friend actually.

this is what i thought about camilla but then i got to the maps with pillars on

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I dunno where you guys get these orbs, I'm sitting on like six

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Look man I appreciate the free flawless win and I realize you're doing this probably because they're your only 5*s, but who the gently caress makes a team of four sword lords when RobinM exists :psyduck:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Huh, I don't think I like this voting gauntlet poo poo. Why yes I do want to get forced to use three loving reds who can't do any damage at all to Cordelia what kind of bullshit is this

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

mistaya posted:

Why are you running a red? It takes two people's units at random (one from your flist if available) and whatever you have in your first slot.

Because it was the unit in my first slot? I dunno man the stupid thing gave me all units that nobody in my flist had and I get the feeling that if I wasn't running a red, I'd have just as much of a chance to get a team of all blues or all greens. It's just dumb :shrug:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Andrast posted:

Unwinnable matches are really rare.

Well I read this and gave it a try and I'm sorry to report this but the game just gave me a party of two melee reds to go along with my RobinM and put me up against Lucina and two ranged blues on the bridge map. Really rare, huh :(

Well, I guess I'll get my feathers really slow from arena, whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Andrast posted:

Depending on the reds you had the blues enemy had that doesn't sound unwinnable at all.

Lucina and some teal hair chick, versus Reinhardt, Lucina, and also RobinM :v:

Their placement was unlucky and difficult to bait so my own -res RobinM got alpha'd hard, and I shouldn't have to illustrate what happens when physical attackers engage RobinM.