Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Choose the banner that displays your favorites. Ignore tier lists

I've never played any FE game. Who are the bestest characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

nice humble brag

Non humble brag: Camille and Leon right after I asked about the bestest characters. I don't know anything about this game's characters so I'm going to actually play the game now.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Color Printer posted:

Alright I can't figure this out, what does it mean to have a unit as the "leader"?

First slot in your team. Will stand on the stairs and be your representative when people see you.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I wish I had a healer.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Go to APK Mirror and download the APK then sideload it. The bonus is that it'll update from the Play Store afterwards too.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Chapter 9's difficulty spikes more than I expected. Still winning but by the skin of my teeth. I think I'm going to do some training to move my characters above level 20.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

jjef posted:

I apologize if I missed this, but what happens if I link my game to a Nintendo account? Is it still possible to re-roll after the linking? Or, is the game data retained on Nintendo's servers?Thanks in advance.

You can delete the link and reroll if you like.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Haroshia posted:

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a Takumi is a good guy with a Takumi

EDIT:^^^^
Depends on if you need SP or Hero Feathers more I guess. Considering the hero feathers you get are tiny for low star units I imagine feeding them for SP is better if you need SP.

I've come the conclusion that feathers make more sense even if it's a miniscule amount. You can basically gain unlimited SP just by playing and taking actions but feathers are hard to come by.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
My opinion is that current meta (really really early 1 week in meta) favors bowbreaker.

My wishlist for this game is a map preview, character select and character pre-positioning. I'm nearing the end of Story Hard and because I don't have the top-tiered (high defense or Takumi-like) characters, only some 5* characters, I can't bulldoze my way through with my favorite characters sometimes.

I simply have too many glass cannons (Lyn Camilla Leo) who aren't 1-shotting all the time and I don't want to take the easy way out by powerleveling (I'm deliberately trying to play at around the recommended difficulty level).

Alternatively, a 5th character slot (perhaps using a friend?) would also open things up. Being able to take a full offensive team with 1 accessory character could make a large difference

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 6, 2017

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I don't know about you, but now that I'm no longer playing easy mode (Normal and Hard story), Lyn is having a lot of trouble. Her <50% abilities don't really come into play because if you don't massacre things with your first shot, you usually don't get a second one.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Zurai posted:

My Lyn is level 37 and I still get lots of use out of both Sol Katti and Desperate Attack. It's all in knowing what to attack and what to bait with her, and in supporting her properly so she doesn't get killed on the enemy turn after being wounded.

That's sort of the point. There are lots of other characters that don't need as much babysitting and still have the one-shot kill power necessary. I have to make do with my Lyn since I don't have all those great characters and like you say, it works out, but that still plants Lyn right in the middle of the pack for the 5*'s

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 6, 2017

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Man, whoever called Aether a trap skill was right on the goddamn money. It's funny how small the shift from 4 to 5 actions seems on paper, but in execution means the skill usually only activates long after the bulk of the fighting is done.

Yeah, I find that the 5a skills tend to come into play after the match has a clear upcoming victor and still doesn't turn the tides enough to matter if I happen to be on the losing end.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Heaven Spacey posted:

I dunno, I have Astra on Lyn and I end up using her as a crutch enough in really tough fights that she usually gets to oneshot some poor fucker with it.

But that's exactly it, Lyn was going to pwn whoever that poor SOB was anyway most likely.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Zotix posted:

Mages just don't have enough umph compared to most physical damage dealers. I have a Leo who is just a big liability in a lot of circumstances.

Yeah, Leo has been really bad for me too. Linde isn't too bad since she has decent speed and an allies Res booster. It also helps that she's blue and there's a glut of red units in the game right now.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Katana Gomai posted:

In a vacuum, is one of the two banners better than the other? Sorry if this was asked before, I skipped about 700 posts.

Takumi is currently one of the "best" characters so the second banner is better. But Robin is "anti-Takumi" and is in the first banner.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I think that if they just reduced the stamina ramp up (as well as keep the current skills and training tower stamina costs) then it would already be pretty good. 23 stamina for a go at Lunatic is crazy but if it were 12, then it's a lot more palatable.

23 stamina should be reserved for stages that have multiple parts or something.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

Does anyone have an opinion on Olivia? Getting an extra turn on a unit could be useful to get into a really good position or first strike on the first turn but I can't tell if that is worth a spot on a team.

I really want a dancer, it would increase my options immensely, allowing for tactics like moving in my nuker to kill a high value target and then sacrificing my dancer so the nuker can reposition somewhere safe to gradually slaughter the survivers one by one.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

She's a fine healer (especially once they fix the bug with physic) but doesn't really gain anything by being 5*, and not really any better than other healers.

Not a bug. It's a mistranslation. In the Japanese, it's simple a 2 ranged attack.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
So rerolled a side-account while waiting for stamina to recharge. 5* Hector and 5* Roy.

They work quite well together with Roy shoving Hector along until everyone converges on Hector and go splat.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Zotix posted:

Just remember guys the 5* focus is what is 3%, not 5* in general. The first banner only has red and blue units on focus. So if you go in with 20 currency and the 5 orbs you get are green and grey, your chance to get a 5* isn't 3% it's gently caress all. Back right the gently caress out after your first pull and save back to 20 and go again. Your 3% is only applicable to orbs that show giving units on the banner.

No. You get 3% for the focus only and another 3% for all the listed 5* in general.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/5suzyz/passives_do_stack_proof_inside/

So some passive do stack while others do not. Stuff like Fortify Res definitely do _not_ stack while stuff like Hector's Spur Atk and Goad Armor skills do!

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Reik posted:

Quad Gunter 2x2 fort cav brick?

Not sure if that one works, it depends if it's an in-battle buff.

Hector's buff definitely stacks though.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

How do you get more orbs from the story maps outside of buying them?

Time. Generally you get very small numbers of the premium currency over time in gacha games.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

I love how the 'training' area manage to consistently throw teams at you full of 50+ atk, 35+ spd, 35+ def units? I had a 52 attack generic with 37 speed and a loving brave weapon as well as the ability to counter first when under half hp. All they needed was something like the -atk aura or the ability to counter at range to be unkillable since they also had 30-something defense somehow.

It's pretty BS. If they don't make the half stamina costs permanent, I don't see any reason to play the training tower at all.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

akulanization posted:

Then Subaki should be on the list. If anything he's better at destroying red units. Azura is top tier because she's the best dancer, Olivia should be on the list because she's a dancer.

She's the because she's a dancer that won't instantly crumple and will in fact destroy reds that get near her. Olivia is literally one trick.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Nephzinho posted:

I keep a level 35 Azama in my party with no attack spell for leveling anything below 30 -- you can use him as bait while you pick things apart. Works with any higher leveled healer.

I do the same except I carry pain so that I can reduce everything down to 1hp and let me newbies pick up easy exp.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Mierenneuker posted:

I shouldn't have fielded two armored units while training...

That looks completely winnable to me. What's the problem here?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

KnoxZone posted:

The problem is that Effie is really good against the two red units on the left side, but it is impossible for her to get to them because Sheena is blocking the path (who is weak to both red units). Meanwhile Effie is stuck facing a green mage who would destroy her if it gets into range. Winnable yes, but an absolute mess of a starting position.

One side is on horses, the other side is not. Go and wipe the horses then face the infantry. The map kindly pre-divides the enemy forces for you.

I mean, you even have Roy. So move him above Sheena, your blue mage up one space, Effie into that slot and then Sheena to the right. Now nobody takes a counter-triangle hit and then next turn you're all set to wreck the right side. Just shove Sheena to the right using Roy before she moves and she'll even be able to land a hit on the green mage along with your red mage. Roy will take a hit from the blue pegasus knight but it shouldn't finish him. After that it's just mop-up.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 9, 2017

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

So will the stat boost I get for merging my 4* Gordins disappear when I bump him up to 5*? I guess it reduces the feather cost of promotion and would only give him SP if I waited until after to merge anyway so it's still probably worth doing.

Your stats are higher as a 5* anyway. The stats boost thing seems to be only permanently significant if you merge 5* though. Until they do 6*

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Mirthless posted:

Turn 1
Roy right, up
Red mage whose name I forget up 1
Effie Right, Sheena Right

Turn 2 - Move roy up, kill the green mage if he's in range
Sheena up, Effie Left, do whatever with the red mage

Turn 3 - Effie left, intercept red attackers

You might lose Roy or the mage. :shrug:

Yes! Tactics talk for a tactics game finally.

I think I like my variation tactic of shoving Sheena with Roy to position her more quickly a bit better though. I think it'll allow quicker resolution of the mounted units and then blocking the infantry off will be trivial.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Centzon Totochtin posted:

How am I supposed to beat teams with a Takumi in duels if I don't have my own Takumi or Robin??? Yumi Fujin is pretty darn strong!!!
His Res is lowest so splash him with a magic user that can kill him in one go. Alternatively some Brave weapon users can also oneshot him.

I have most trouble when I don't quite finish him and get Vengeanced to death.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, even at 4* where your stats should be better, Cecilia is weak. I keep her around because I have no green mages but it's usually not even worth it.

And yeah, any measure of a character can only be considered when they're level 30+. By then you're much closer to your max stats and have most of your supplementary skills which are really what makes or breaks a character.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Clarste posted:

Hector is where it's at.

Blast him with a mage and it's done. There is no invincible super hero (but obviously some are much better than others).

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Philip Rivers posted:

How good are Peri and Sheena? I got 5*s of those two.
Pero is great for me. Smashes enemy intestines all the time to get me out of tricky situations. Her mobility and semi-ability to take a hit is crucial.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Supercar Gautier posted:

I realized I dont really care about min-maxing with the correct top-tier units so I went and made myself a shining golden Oboro

Might have considered a different unit, but I had hella blue badges so she's the big winner.

Oboro's been amazing for me. Crushes reds, armors and fortifies defense all over.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

So is there a way to grind for feathers outside of the arena quests that were just added? I'd really like to get my Abel and Gordin moved up to 5*, but I'm sitting on just 15k right now.

Nope. Considering it's a way to get 5* characters, it's not unusual that it takes time and difficulty. Even if they added a way to grind them, it'd be extremely stamina intensive to get a small number of feathers.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Lord Koth posted:

What new and "interesting" things will the tower come up with next?

Why yes, that is a Roy with Miracle, along with Seal Defense 3 and Threaten Speed 3.

:eyepop:

Yeah, that's just nuts. How did you end up beating him?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

cpaf posted:

Does anyone know if Olivia's +4 ATK passive stacks with Lucina's +4 ATK passive? I cant find a confirmed answer either way.

"In-combat" boosts do in fact stack with the "during turn" boosts. That is, Hone Attack will stack with Spur Attack.

It's only "during turn" boosts that won't stack with themselves so multiple Hone Attacks will not stack.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

HGH posted:

Did anyone make it to the top 50000?
I don't have any of the "super" characters for Arena and made top 50000. My offense is 3707 right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Zotix posted:

In search or a Marth I got my second Leo. I wonder if I could make a double let AoE team work.

Leo with a bit more ATK would be very killer. I'd check which one is +ATK and then merge into him for a stat boost.

I'm imagining a double-dancing mass destruction team consisting of 2x Leo and 2x Azura though. That would be some craziness.