Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Oh nice, dena's behind this? FE on the toilet go is such a fun premise and now it might actually be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
I didn't realize how badly I wanted Tibarn as a unit until Grozz Nuy mentioned it, please vote for Best Bird while I stuff the ballot box in Soren's favor.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

KnoxZone posted:

Same. I have only cast 5 votes. It is kinda shameful.

I only realized this was a thing when there were nine days left and it bothers me, that's three more votes I could've used on Tellius characters :argh:

I'm still trying to decide on my last two votes, probably Mist and Jill.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Tibarn killed my voting gimmick, thanks bird.

a computer ghost fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 31, 2017

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Reply is not edit, uuugghhhh.

Edit: actually, let's turn this into a real post. I'm conflicted on if I should play this on my tablet (android) or my phone (iphone). Tablet means bigger screen which is really useful for touch based combat and for generally having a better view (which I could see helping a lot) but putting it on my phone means I can pick it up and burn stamina when I'm out.

So how are you going to play? Tablet or phone?

a computer ghost fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 31, 2017

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
^ edit: beaten to the question while typing

cheetah7071 posted:

Unless this game is implemented in the worst possible way, it's going to be account based and you can just play on your tablet at home and on your phone when out

I have an android tablet and an iOS phone, so usually accounts aren't cross compatible. Is that not the case for FE:H because that would be awesome.

a computer ghost fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 1, 2017

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
If you, like me, were wondering what the top tweet said:

Think I know hoo is causing the delay.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
This game is fun as heck, I didn't know how much I needed FE-lite in my life until now.

I did some pulls and it feels like I got a spread that was "pretty good/usable for now" so I'm having trouble picking out who are the breakthrough units for the most part. It's too late to reroll and I don't plan on pulling until my favorites are on a banner so I wanna do the best I can with what I got for the moment.

Red: Ogma (5), Selena (4), Lilina (4), Raigh (4), Stahl (3), Sophia (3)

Blue: Catria (5), Effie (4), Peri (4), Est (4), Gwendolyn (3), Subaki (3)

Green: Merric (5), Nino (4), Cecilia (4), Bartre (3)

Neutral: Gaius (4), Gordin (3), Setsuna (3), Clarine (3)

Favorite units so far: Merric, Gaius, Effie, Clarine, Peri (though she's squishy), Subaki, Stahl, Cecilia, Selena

I'm still dicking around with them but do I have any units I should be paying more attention to?

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Nuebot posted:

Unless I roll a 5* peri, she might be the first one I choose to upgrade because her 5* skill and enhanced special seem to go together hilariously well. If I'm figuring it right, it looks like she'd be activating her +50% damage attack every two turns which is great. Now if only there was a way to stop her from being completely wrecked by trees.

I'll admit that as a character she annoys me but her damage output is just so dumb that I can't not use her. And her "gently caress up everyone in 2 turns" combo is doable at 4*, you can upgrade her special then and her Killer Lance gives -1 to activation speed. Seems like the big reason to 5* her is for bigger numbers on her Killer Lance+.

ShinyDais posted:

Nino! No, actual suggestion would be to try your other 5*s (Og and Catria, yeh?) and see if you like them or not. Maybe dabble with anybody else that strikes your fancy, too- low level Training Tower missions are cheap (for now) and get you the first 2-5 levels really quick. Then maybe try to pick the four you like as a team the most and focus on them for now. 5*s definitely have an advantage, but at least for now content is easy enough that you can probably use who you like at least through normal mode campaign. Stockpiling resources to promote anybody who isn't a 5* up to there takes a while, but you can get anyone there eventually.

I've tried using Ogma but he doesn't really thrill me, his A skill (+attack when hp < 50%) kinda conflicts with his special (a self heal). If I need a red phys attacker I'd rather use Selena. Catria is in my leveling party so I'll see how I like her, I'm hoping she is Good just because having 2/3rds of my 5*s being outclassed by 4*s would kinda suck :v: But that's good advice to just throw everyone at the training tower.

Merric and Gaius are both OP and adorable, I love them :allears:

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Don't whale, don't whale, don't-

Who cares if Corrin is trash, I also got a 5* Leo and a 4* Marth. And a 3* adult Tiki who I think is not the good one but might be worth mentioning? I feel horrible and yet I still did it, 100% regret. I hope they never add Tellius characters.

How do dragons work? It seems like they're basically mages but without the range advantage.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Whoever said Corrin was trash is a liar, at level 12 he already has the third best overall speed (best for red) and the best overall/red attack :stare:

AlphaKretin posted:

This is a hilarious trap because you've got three 5*s on the same colour (incl. Marth) and another colourless, which is a spot best reserved for healers.

Somehow red 5*s were actually really useful to me, I have best boy 5* Merric wrecking idiots for green and some decent blues, and I'm set for healers. I also needed an archer, this roll was pretty much made for me.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They tend to have pretty good skills to complement their attacks. The child version of Tiki,for instance, has a limit break that make her attack AoE and a skill that eventually heals all adjacent allies for 7 after Tiki attacks.

I wish I'd gotten little Tiki instead, oh well.

That's a good point people raised about dragons being res tanks,didn't think of that.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Leo has the best lines, I just want to bully him :allears: He's never leaving my team.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
I disagree on that Merric assessment, I think he's a goddamn beast (at 5* at least). His stats are nearly identical to my 5* red sword units so he is doubling big numbers all the time, has really good def and ridiculous hp to soak up hits, and kinda mediocre res for a mage but whatever. I do agree that his special having such a long cooldown makes it functionally nonexistent, I've seen it trigger once or twice and that was with only one dude left on the map. If he started with his special ready and then it took 5 turns for the next hit, that'd be a different story.

Is it better to combine dupe units or send them home?

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Team Tiara Circlet

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
^^^ :argh:

Nuebot posted:

Who's albino marth?

Leo from Fates.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Despite the split vote bullshit, mah boy Soren managed to get top 100 twice (#45, #82) so I hope I'll be able to whale for him sooner rather than later.

If they don't give him the title "half-blood prince" I'm gonna be thoroughly disappointed with this localization team.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
How the gently caress are you suppose to do the Narcian map without a flyer :psyduck: I managed to beat the 25 map after roughly 10 tries because I was lucky enough to have a 5* Catria year could bate the archer. Unless you have an all 40 party to brute force it or there's a trick to going through the bottleneck that I don't know, without a flyer it seems impossible.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

God the reimagining of some of the older/classic FE designs are so drat good :swoon:

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Is there a way to view the artwork for units you don't have? I want to look at the art for the new units but I haven't had much luck finding it online.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Sanaki being featured in the sibling event with her RD design pretty much guarantees Micaiah in the next banner, doesn't it.

Somehow I missed the wiki altogether :downs: Thanks.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Hey Takumi maybe people wouldn't poo poo talk you behind your back if you didn't insult them to their face. "Can't fight" my rear end :mad:

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
"Surely the next banner will be Tellius" - lies I tell myself at night

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

KnoxZone posted:

They deleted the tweet almost instantly. Who is hyped for bunny Xander?

My growing pile of Tellius orbs are in danger. I hope they're good units, running team bunny led by bunny commander is too funny to pass up.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
I hope bunny Chrom is an archer, makes it easier for me to avoid pulling him.

blizzardvizard posted:

Bunny Xander smells like an April Fools prank but I'm holding out hope.

If that's the case, I will riot so hard they'll have to add him.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
I want one of the girls so I can cast EGGSPLOSION forever.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Spent a little over half my orbs chasing Lucina. Got Xander, Camilla, and Chrom :v:

I know I shouldn't complain but I feel like the game is sorta taunting me.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Looked up my easter IVs and now I am suffering from analysis paralysis since I haven't even bothered with inheritance, please help. I got:

Xander (+Spd, -Hp)
Chrom (+Spd, -Def)
Camilla (+Res, -Hp)

From what I understand, the bunny stats are meh enough that IVs actually matter. So how are they? My initial impression is that Xander and Chrom are good because of +Spd but the hits to their hp and def might effect their tanking ability. Chrom is also the only 5* axe user I have and the best infantry green, I'll probably end up using him regardless at some point.

I'm not sure about Camilla, I really want her to be decent because flying mage but I have a 5* +Spd -Res Merric who is VIP as all hell. But I also have a spare 4* Roy and Cecilia that I can feed her for TA+Gronnraven, does that change anything or are there way better units to feed Roy to?

For blue physical units, I normally use a neutral 5* Catria. Would Xander replace her? I also got a 5* +Hp -Def Cordelia, how does she rank against Catria?

And finally I got a 4* +Spd -Res Reinhardt. Who is the better blue mage cavalry unit, him or Ursula?

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
The Catria love makes me kinda happy, I've grown really fond of her while leveling and I'm glad she is good.

Mirthless posted:

Xander would probably not be able to outdo either unless you're building a cavalry gimmick team. His ATK is low and the easter weapons are bad. +SPD puts Xander at 31? 32? which is just barely too low to be useful, which means it's way, way, way too high.

Dammit Xander I believed in you :negative: Of course I get a +spd IV on the one rear end in a top hat who doesn't need it (make that 2 assholes counting Reinhardt.) I still want to make him work so I'll keep an eye out for a cheap, passable build for him.

hit button posted:

The bunny units don't have worse BSTs than other units, but the distribution is a bit sucky on most of them. Lucina and Xander have low base Atk which tends to be pretty crippling for any unit. Camilla has poor Spd, which you really don't want on a tome. Bunny Chrom's stat distribution looks fine/great though.

Camilla looks to be a bit mediocre because of her bad speed, but Merric isn't really a toptier choice either. Raven+TA should work ok on Camilla, she has decent def and it should allow her to brawl down bows and ninjas. That would be a very useful niche for an all-flyer team. That said, I'd rather hold out for a stronger unit to invest a 4* Roy into. TA 3 is a great skill that's hard to come by.

4* Reinhardt is dumpster class terrible. You need to 5* him for his brave tome, and you absolutely should not 5* a +Spd Reinhardt as it's literally the worst stat for him to get a boon on. You can smash him for vantage 3 though, so there is a silver lining.

Alright, spare Roy is safe for now. I have a unit with TA2 at 4*, Selena, would feeding her to Camilla be good enough or is TA one of those skills you need 3 for? If I can get her to work at a relatively low cost I am making lemonade out of this lemon.

I'll stick to Ursula then, I have an Odin waiting for her to feast on. Reinhardt and his dumb face is permabenched.

Thanks for your advice, I appreciate the hand holding.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Foolishly did a couple more pulls in hopes of Bunny Lucina, got a second Xander (+Hp -Res). Why am I the dumbest.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
I did a voting round and there was a Cordelia (I'm 99% sure) that was able to do a double attack to kill one dude and then move again to double attack another dude. I forgot to check her skills but what kind of build would allow this? It was brutal.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

UHD posted:

The Galeforce special, maybe? She has access to it without inheritance.

Oh yesh, that's it. Maybe next time I'll remember to check a unit's native skills first :downs:

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
For an arena team, is there a general rule of thumb for de/buff coverage?

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
gently caress me I was not ready for this banner at all but thankfully managed to get Ike, Soren, and Titania with the meager ~100 orbs I had :stare:

I don't give two figs about art quality or stats or IVs, all I wanted was Boyfriend Emblem so I'm set for life or until they release RD variations.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
I think I have the worst Soren (-atk +def) but he and Ike have matching boons and that's adorable :unsmith:

Soren will probably be getting Draconic Aura because that makes me laugh.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Why Quick Riposte over Vantage for Ike? Because it's a lot more accessible?

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Thanks for the replies re: QR, I have a Lon'qu I was thinking of feeding to Ike but it looks like I'll be playing around with the damage calculator to see if a QR build might be better. I haven't been hoarding these feathers for nothing.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
I want to make my Soren the best Soren he can be, even if he's -atk. I'm seeing people recommend a Gronnblade build, thoughts? And would it be worth 5*ing Nino for her gronnblade+ to try and make up for his IV? Yeah I know Nino is the better blade user but I don't care.

Also gonna replace my old arena team with the new hotness: Ike, Soren, 3rd unit, and a bonus unit. For the 3rd unit, maybe a blue to cover the triangle like Catria or Reinhardt?

ChronoReverse posted:

I'm not getting any defense wins recently (squeaked out a single one last week). What do you have as your defense team? I'm trying to figure out if it's the inherited skills or seals that is dooming my team.

I've been having the exact same problem, usually I get 3-5 defense wins but now I get none. Haven't changed my team and none of them have any inherited skills or seals, if that helps.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Tae posted:

Everytime you bring a dragon to arena

I don't know what I like better, the game or the funny pictures people make :3:

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

blizzardvizard posted:

From the livestream: Ryoma, Hector, Azura, and Takumi banner for Golden Week. With special 5% focus rate.

They sure got us good.

E: Also apparently arena gives orbs now, but I'm not sure about the details

Noooo, I want Azura so bad. I don't even know if she's the best dancer for me but I really liked using her as a unit during the gauntlet and a dancer that can help cover swordlords sounds neat.

AradoBalanga posted:

The livestream also revealed the next gauntlet: Guys vs. Girls Mage Edition. Participants are: Leo, Linde, Tharja, Merric, Julia, Sanaki, Robin and Henry.

Basically, get ready for Tharja to sweep this gauntlet.

Really hope Leo or Merric make it to round 2 so I don't have to level any of the other options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
The coming Age of Hector in the arena is going to be a nightmare.