Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

They deleted the tweet almost instantly. Who is hyped for bunny Xander?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I'd be happy just getting ANY lucina

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

KnoxZone posted:

I'm just hoping they're sporting some alternate weapons there; otherwise it's a banner of 3 reds and 1 green.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

KnoxZone posted:

All 200 orbs will evaporate instantly

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I have all those units except Xander, so unless they have pretty different skills and everything I guess i'm skipping this focus as well.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I have all those units except Xander, so unless they have pretty different skills and everything I guess i'm skipping this focus as well.

I'm guessing they'll be completely different units. Different stats, skills, and not necessarily even the same weapon types.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Wait, so we're getting bunny Xander before normal Xander? Go figure I guess.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm guessing they'll be completely different units. Different stats, skills, and not necessarily even the same weapon types.

I'd be ok with Lance Chrom and Lucina, or Tome Camilla.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Chrom's alt class is a sniper, just saying

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just upgraded my Tharja to 5* because why not, does she want the same skills Nino does?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Silver Falcon posted:

Aww, that's a shame. Murderchicken is the cutest dragon. :3: Still, she would probably do fine on an all-dragon gimmick team, surely?

Maybe with Ninian because of her Aura, yeah.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

hit button posted:

QR works best on high attack, low speed heros. In isolation it seems like a decent B-slot for Eldigan, but it doesn't really mesh well with him having Fury. It's a pretty valuable skill, so I'd probably hold onto it until you get a good hero that it fits perfectly on.

Whew glad I asked then! Thank you for the run down. I'm slowly starting to get an incredibly rough idea of what might suit who a little better. Like it's prob a good idea to give my offensive dudes like eldigan and Minerva c slot skills that reduce enemy stats since they will be in close contact, while azura and lilina might be better off with buffs since they will be behind the lines and more in contact with just my units.

In hindsight it seems so obvious but yet it took me a good long while to think of it. Sorry I'm sure everyone is probably tired of answering the same holy poo poo how do I play this game questions over and over but I really appreciate your patience in answering!

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
I mean everyone who's already got a set team has nothing better to do right now than getting the perfect arena streak and slowly grinding SP and orbs from the training tower, so helping people with their team building is probably the most exciting thing to do right now.

Completely unrelated but my mission to make a good Eliwood for a cavalry team is doing alright, Darting blow 3 gives him 36 speed, that's passable! Mixed with 54 ATK from Durandal's deathblow that's a pretty solid striker there, especially with the crazy cavalry buffs you can stack.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

W.T. Fits posted:

I'm just hoping they're sporting some alternate weapons there; otherwise it's a banner of 3 reds and 1 green.

None of those heroes excite me, but I've been itching to make a pull...

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Freaksaus posted:

I just upgraded my Tharja to 5* because why not, does she want the same skills Nino does?

Well, basically. It might not be worth replacing Darting Blow on her though, since she has less base Speed and unlike Nino already starts with a great A skill.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

KnoxZone posted:

My growing pile of Tellius orbs are in danger. I hope they're good units, running team bunny led by bunny commander is too funny to pass up.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Right on. I definitely do appreciate the help.

So for a rough idea of builds I was going to go with

Eldigan : fury, unknown b skill, threaten attack, and prob Moonbow

Minerva: death blow, maybe wings of mercy, threaten speed and draconic aura

Azura: speed, sword breaker, hone attack not sure on the special

Lilina: maybe triangle Adept, unknown b, and prob spur or hone speed.

As you can see I don't know much about what b skills are worth inheriting, and I'm still torn about a few special attacks for lilina and azura. Also not sure about triangle Adept but it seemed like a not terrible fit for her. If anyone can give me their thoughts on what my plan is I promise I'll be your friend!

Pokemaster #421 fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 29, 2017

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Eldigan's real drat slow, so Brash Assault (always make a followup attack when attacking someone who can counter when you're under 50% HP) is pretty good, and synergizes with Fury well too.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Brash assault it is then, at least now I know what to keep an eye out for thanks

Oh real quick. Luna is a pretty decent special for offensive guys like eldigan and Minerva yeah?

Pokemaster #421 fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Mar 29, 2017

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Bunny Xander smells like an April Fools prank but I'm holding out hope.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
I hope bunny Chrom is an archer, makes it easier for me to avoid pulling him.

blizzardvizard posted:

Bunny Xander smells like an April Fools prank but I'm holding out hope.

If that's the case, I will riot so hard they'll have to add him.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I have decided that my goal is to 5* the three starters. Then feed them skills. So far they are at 4*. I just need a lot more feathers for my dumb goal.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What is more desired to feed from Batre, Brash Assault or Fury?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

god drat but Reinhardt is one dapper motherfucker

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

waffles beyond waffles posted:

I have decided that my goal is to 5* the three starters. Then feed them skills. So far they are at 4*. I just need a lot more feathers for my dumb goal.

Sharena is really good. Anna is pretty good. Alfonse is garbage fire tier.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If they start adding holiday-themed alternate versions of existing characters before they put in even a single Tellius character I am going to riot.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bongo Bill posted:

If they start adding holiday-themed alternate versions of existing characters before they put in even a single Tellius character I am going to riot.

We already knew they planned a christmas Robin and got all the way to drawing the art before the release date got pushed back to February

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

Tae posted:

What is more desired to feed from Batre, Brash Assault or Fury?

Fury. When you think A-skill you think Dart/Deathblow, Life and Death, and Fury. Brash Assault is such a niche B-skill I had to look it up and was unimpressed.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

We already knew they planned a christmas Robin and got all the way to drawing the art before the release date got pushed back to February

That means they've got nine more months to bring me Nephenee.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Why the gently caress are there 3 Camillas in the training tower, 2 of which have Axe Breaker when I'm just trying to clear the Flyer quest with my 3 green fliers + Palla

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Bongo Bill posted:

Sanaki?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I hardly recognized her, but you're right. drat... they got off on a technicality...

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

If bunny chrom is a thing I'm gonna have to chase it because that sounds hilarious.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Alfonse is garbage fire tier.

He isn't great, but I wouldn't dismiss him completely. He's got chunky defensive stats and high base attack, and he comes with deathblow preinstalled. He's near identical to Ephraim statwise, but with a less useful unique weapon. He also has the benefit of probably being a permanent fixture in the arena bonus hero rotation.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The White Dragon posted:

Maybe with Ninian because of her Aura, yeah.

Yeah... I think the Ninian dream is dead. I even bought some orbs today, (not many, just the $20 pack- I am not whaling this game) and no dice.

Got yet another Effie, so I fed her to Abel for Death Blow. I do not need 3 Effies. Team of double Effies and guest characters Draug and Gwendolyn is levelling nicely! They might be able to attempt the 10th Stratum before hell freezes over!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Alfonse would be useful in a world where 90% of the good units aren't sword users

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Yeah absolutely, he suffers in comparison because there are other units that can perform his role better than him. But he should be able to fulfill his role capably if you really wanted to use him, as opposed to the many actually bad units in the game.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

So the JP twitter just dropped this preview:

Im just assuming this will embed

Easter Chrom is an axe user, Xander is a lance user (still mounted), Lucina is a blue mage, and Camilla is a green mage (still flying).

AweStriker fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Mar 29, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

AweStriker posted:

JP Twitter just came out with it.

Easter Chrom is an axe user, Xander is a lance user (still mounted), Lucina is blue mage, Camilla is green mage (still flying).

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Oh hey no red units this time