Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

...People liked Micaiah?

Micaiah's cool. She committed war crimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I voted for Micaiah because seeing her in the top 10 reminded me that I liked her and thought she was pretty cool.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Grozz Nuy posted:

I voted for Tibarn, because he is badass and the best beast-type character in any FE game. Running out of PoR characters to vote for though, I'll probably vote for Marcia tomorrow and then move on to Awakening characters for the last few days.

Just vote for them again but from Radiant Dawn.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I voted for Cynthia.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think i've reached the point where i've voted for all my favourite characters and now I need to decide between the multitude of other really good fire emblem characters who are not quite my favourites. And this is proving extremely difficult. :(

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I voted for Haar because he is cool and strong.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Final vote is in. I hope L'Arachel wins.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

A Yarne vote. I didn't think they existed....

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Is the only way to get orbs through story missions and the store? It's kinda a slow process to get them.

Edit: Also how necessary are 5 star dudes? My first rolls were only 3 star characters but the generic 2 star guys you start with don't seem that bad, they're more than pulling their weight.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 3, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

Like every other gatcha game there will be special event stages (likely under the Paralogs section), which will probably also supply orbs.

Cool. Never played a gatcha before but I kinda figured there'd be another way to earn orbs than through the story, even if it's like a special one time only thing.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Check this for information on whether or not your waifu and/or husbando is in the game

No Maribelle? What were all my votes for????

Oh well, I just got a 4 star Niles so I can't be too mad.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Terper posted:

You can't break canon like this, Heroes

What a good grandpa.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tae posted:

Fusing characters seem like a ripoff. If you upgrade a 4 star with a 3 star, you get like 20 sp which is crap. Upgrading a 3 star with a 4 star is terrible on principle.

It's pity sp for rolling a character you already have

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Is there a Masked Lucina unit? Because there should be.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Heaven Spacey posted:

I'm actually shocked with the amount of free orbs there are, at least in the base game. I wonder what the pace of releasing new chapters is going to be like? Also, I'd advise anyone that doesn't plan on dropping a fuckload of cash on this game to *not* spend your orbs pulling on the two banners currently offered over and over unless you have a burning urge to get one of the featured characters; You're always gonna be better off saving resources for later.

I'm gonna keep rolling the dice using in game orbs until I get at least a single 5 star and no one can stop me!!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

sassassin posted:

Were the fates games any good? This is a pretty unsatisfying FE experience tbh.

I had fun, they're pretty good imo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I got my first 5 star unit and the difference between them and even 4 star people is kinda crazy. Or maybe Falchion is just extremely good even discounting Lucina being 5 stars. I'm still making my way through the story decently well with a bunch of 2 star units though so she just seems really overpowered. But I guess Hard and Lunatic might change that.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

The missions have a little star icon next to them which presumably represents the star level they're balanced around. You don't start seeing gold star missions until the final two missions on Hard.

Oh that's pretty useful. I somehow never noticed that.

acumen posted:

Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna are pretty decent as 3*. They really should've started out at that point especially considering how easy it is to get other 3*s right off the bat.

Alfonse is a boring glass cannon but I can see Anna and Sharena tiering fairly high at 5*.

I'm still using Sharena and Anna in one of my parties while they're still 2* and they're doing alright honestly, Sharena especially seems pretty decent. If I had any badges i'd probably have made them 3* by now though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Does anyone know if higher tier characters have better growths or just stats? Because I upgraded a 2 star Sharena but she's turning out a lot worse as a 3 star just by getting some real bad level ups. I guess i'm getting unlucky either way, but i'd feel worse if it turns out she's supposed to have better growths now.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Anyone here use Jeorge? I've been leveling him lately since he's my only 4* archer and I was wondering how his growth has been for others. Or are all archers basically mid-high atk/speed glass cannons who die if anything gets an attack off against them?

Can't speak for all the archers but Niles has a crazy high res and seems to be built as a mage killer. Still dies to a stiff wind though, except y'now not the spell.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

the gently caress? Is Sanaki the first hero from the Tellius series

Yeah, and Micaiah's probably gonna be the 2nd I'm guessing. Not who I was expecting to be honest but I still want them.

Also, I'm excited for more fe 4/5 characters going up. They're the only games I haven't played and it's sorta interesting being introduced to the characters this way.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kyte posted:

Having a 2-range heal is actually fairly useful since it means she can still heal your frontliner without risking archer attack or taking a ranged unit's spot in a chokepoint. Works best with Imbue, though.

By the way, they also datamined the next Grand Hero Battle (Ursula) and the 2nd banner of this batch (Nino, Effie, Felicia, Setsuna).

Well I already have all those people, so I guess I can ignore that banner at least.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Adel posted:

Hey Takumi maybe people wouldn't poo poo talk you behind your back if you didn't insult them to their face. "Can't fight" my rear end :mad:

He's telling the truth though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm glad one of the new paralogue quests just gives me Draug because I still don't have an armor unit for the monthly quests.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

I've long since said that we shouldn't even think about promoting to 5* until skill inheritance comes out, but I think I've reached a weird point where I don't even want to promote anyone else. My three man team of Eirika, Nino, and Hector can handle anything in arena, and I'll need to reserve the fourth slot for bonus characters anyway. So what's the point of creating a true 4 person team? What do I need another person for? Just skimming through my roster, none of them are especially exciting, and/or have bad IVs (+Spd/-Atk Effie and +HP/-Spd Tharja, yay!). And all the characters I want just to have are native 5*, so that's no good either. I'm left with the feeling that I'm saving up feathers for nothing.

Clearly you need to start making a 2nd team!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

This might be an overreaction but I'm really not sure I want to play this anymore

Arena's going to get a lot more annoying at least. They've got me invested for the near future though because training tower quests mean like 20 free orbs, and hoo boy do I like me some free orbs despite how long they're going to take to get.

akulanization posted:

Like you need a 4* Hinata to pass on Fury 3 if you want to do that. And getting Hinata's useless rear end to level 20 is something to do in the game.

Won't really take long when you can level someone up to 20 for basically a pittance of crystals.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Enjoy close counter vantage Lindes forever in the arena

I think Julia might be able to one-shot her so I think i'll be ok.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I've decided Skill Inheritance is extremely cool because now half my mages have bowbreaker and Takumi means nothing to me anymore.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hunt11 posted:

I really hope they start adding in more armored units.

I'm waiting for The Black Knight too. I can see him not being too far away.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

https://serenesforest.net/2017/03/18/heroes-twitter-quiz-orbs-hero-feathers/#more-36979

We're getting some more free orbs in early april assuming japanese twitter knows their FE trivia

They've been giving away so many orbs lately. I'm almost worried it's going to lead to a big period of nothing for a while.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

pretty sure the tenth santum quests are actually impossible

I'm pretty sure I can do the flying one once I level a 4 star Palla up enough.

I've given up on even bothering with the armor one though because all i've got is a 1 star Draug.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I want to save orbs but also there's a couple of characters I still want to get, and that like 0.5% chance i'll get them this time is very tempting.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Most of my red units don't really have a problem with Hector. Though like most units i'm guessing he's a lot better on offence.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm pretty happy with that banner if only because I want Minerva since I don't have a 5 star axe user yet.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

I just want a lance user
like Makalov

You should upgrade Sharena.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

Anna is right there, you know.

I already used 20'000 feathers on Sharena and I don't have enough for Anna yet.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Michalis's map is a lot easier than Ursula's.

I managed to make it through with my usual arena team after a couple of test runs.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nuebot posted:

They really love making these maps lovely in regards to positioning. I just lost because every single unit suicided into hector and eventually killed him and with the narrow paths you can't really defend any of your units while still manage to attack. getting someone into range long enough to bait the dudes out still leaves them really vulnerable. I hate it.

I feel like the grand hero maps are about having the right team to deal with the positioning of the enemies. You can't just bait everyone out individually, which is probably a good thing? At least means you need to approach them differently than you would the arena or even the story maps.

For this one though all I needed was a tanky enough Red unit to survive the left lance user and Michalis. Then after cleaning them up turn 2 a good enough Lance user can basically solo the rest of the map.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

Nino is my best mage. Trouble with her is she can't kill fast reds. And neither can Sharena apparently. I wonder if it'd be worth it to level up my 4* Oboro or something. Somebody who could at least tank a hit to save her life.

Do you think the armor one would work with a 4* Effie? I have a 4* but not nearly enough feathers to blow on her. I'd sooner promote my second Nino or even Anna or Sharena over her.

If you're thinking of levelling up another lance user consider using those feathers on Sharena instead. Because my 5 star Sharena has had absolutely no problems with any reds. Unless she already is 5 stars and you're just facing some seriously buffed up units or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Well, in lieu of any better ideas, looks like Anna is getting 5*'d. I have no Nino (and judging from the upcoming banners, won't for a long time), Azura and Nowi obsolete any possible need to promote Sharena, Erika and Sanaki do their red thing pretty well, and 4* Wrys chugs along as my arena healer just fine.

Also, I have no idea where to start with this inheritance madness beyond "grind hinata, stuff his fury into anna, profit".

You don't need to grind Hinata. Skills can be inherited without needing to be unlocked first.