Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
this isn't going to improve the trash characters that I like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm suffering from some decision paralysis here
I've been waiting for this for weeks, but I'm still going to hold-off for a while. No harm in it. Go get some orbs in the meantime.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
So does this game just suck now

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
drat brave lances cost a lot of SP to learn.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Rascyc posted:

Well I can give female Corrin and Nowi sword breaker it seems heh

They're blue, you can't give them axe breaker unless dragons are special. Sorry if I worded that weird.

Also, if you want to give someone like, silver lance+ the unit giving it has to be 5* as per the skill requirement. I have no idea if giving it a regular silver lance would let you unlock silver lance+ after.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Nuebot posted:

They're blue, you can't give them axe breaker unless dragons are special. Sorry if I worded that weird.

Also, if you want to give someone like, silver lance+ the unit giving it has to be 5* as per the skill requirement. I have no idea if giving it a regular silver lance would let you unlock silver lance+ after.

It doesn't, so unless you want to transfer 5* characters characters with crap weapons are going to stay that way.

Silver weapons do have fairly decent Mt, so that's an easy weapon to transfer if you don't care about special properties like Killer Lance or Ruby Sword.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Nuebot posted:

Naw you were clear. I was just making a falchion joke.

I'm not mulching much right now until arena shakes out a bit.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Enjoy close counter vantage Lindes forever in the arena

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Just gave Robin bowbreaker, since he's already hunting Takumis as job one. Also reciprocal aid, since he's got bonus HP, meaning I can juggle the spare health around to keep the whole team around if things really far apart.

Figure powering up Takumi is going to be a lot of people's "obvious" pick, might as well have the ultimate anti-Takumi weapon.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
So, I have enough feathers for a 4-5* promotion and wanted some advice: here're my current L20+ 4* units

Sharena
Anna
Ursula
Narcian
FRobin
Nino (+Resist, -Speed)
Cecilia (+Resist, -Attack)
Adult Tiki (+Attack, -HP)
Kagero (+Attack, -Defence)
YetAnotherMRobin to feed into my 5* +1 Robin

My current 5*s are
Lucina (+Speed, -Resist)
MRobin+1 (+Defence, -Resist)
Azura (+Attack, -Defence)
Takumi (+Speed, -Attack)
Coredlia (+Defence, -HP)
Hawkeye (Apparently even?)
Elise (-Attack, +Defence)

My current team is Lucina, MRobin, Azura and the final slot is generally Takumi/Kagero/FRobin for Arena or Knowledge-of-blue-mages/Narcian for Knowledge-of-blue-spears.

So suffering from a lack of greens that aren't Hawkeye, but none of my current greens are amazing (will, Nino would be except she's -Speed). I'm leaning to Kagero, because she's been really good so far BUT Takumi kindasorta fits the role of "grey ranged unit" already.

A Hector would solve a lot of problems, but Hector solving problems what else is new.

As far as skill inherit goes...eh, I'll sort that out when I have to.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

It doesn't, so unless you want to transfer 5* characters characters with crap weapons are going to stay that way.

Silver weapons do have fairly decent Mt, so that's an easy weapon to transfer if you don't care about special properties like Killer Lance or Ruby Sword.

That's pretty rough. But who knows, might give people some incentive to roll on more of these "fight the dude" banners to roll on 5* versions of units with good weapons to transfer over.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Ubiquitus posted:

And Jagen. And Bartre (Fury 3)

Seems like this sets up for more gatcha BS. Reverse power creep introduced through new heroes with higher BST but crap skills to compensate for all the old heroes that are jacked with broken skills?

Nah, they only learn it at 5*. Hinata learns it at 4*, making him a super-valuable pull.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So I have way more setsunas then I thought, at least one is 5*. I plan to give bow breaker to MRobin, but should I do anything with the rest of them? Is she good on her own or should I give the bow to anyone else? Or should I just keep Jeorge as king bowman, I don't know what to give him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

I think Julia might be able to one-shot her so I think i'll be ok.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

So? Linde falls over in a stiff breeze so Vantage usually won't even proc.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

cheetah7071 posted:

She still gets ohko'd so idk why people seem so keen on getting this one going.

^ hah

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i've never gotten the linde hype because kagero just devours her

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

i've never gotten the linde hype because kagero just devours her

Kagero devours 90% of relevant units in the game

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
where's my kagerou counter? I assume a tanky pegaknight might be a good option?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Any non-infantry is a strong anti-Kagero choice tbh

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Shinji117 posted:

So suffering from a lack of greens that aren't Hawkeye, but none of my current greens are amazing (will, Nino would be except she's -Speed). I'm leaning to Kagero, because she's been really good so far BUT Takumi kindasorta fits the role of "grey ranged unit" already.
Kagero would devour drat-near anything that crosses her path. I'd go for her over the others. A -spd Nino kinda sucks, but Nino is going to be strong anyways especially because you have an Azura on your team. A 5-star Anna is also great, especially now. She takes advantage of Fury better than anyone and Ardent Sacrifice gives her HP control and some non-healer healing. Replace her C skill with something like Threaten Attack, and you have a real winner.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
well, rip this game, it was pretty fun for a while i guess

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
before i quit though i'm going to give cecilia nino's tome, pair her up with olwen and jagen, and live the suicidal horsemage dream

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
My Cordelia deals with Kagero well. Although she deals with most people well due to Brave Lance. Even Takumi as long as you hit him first

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
wait, i can give hone cavalry to a horse unit i'd actually want hahahahha

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Mobile strike team Hector with pivot and Abel with reposition is go :getin:

Also put desperation on Lucina, rally attack on my Jeorge for dead turns and Moonbow on Abel cause that's one of the faster procs if I'm remembering?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
So who should I promote, Nino (I have Julia), Sharena (I recently pulled Nowi) or Kagero?
I feel like Takumi's not pulling his weight (partly 'cause -Def +Res hurts him far more than I expected esp since he's supposed to be trading against other Takumis)

I should also give Rally Atk to Julia so she can buff Takumi or something.
Might give swordbreaker to Nowi if that's possible. Or maybe Quick Riposte.

Actually I just realized I should've given Quick Riposte to Takumi rather than Vantage.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

:negative: I have multiple gordins but they're not 5*.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kyte posted:

So who should I promote, Nino (I have Julia), Sharena (I recently pulled Nowi) or Kagero?
I feel like Takumi's not pulling his weight (partly 'cause -Def +Res hurts him far more than I expected esp since he's supposed to be trading against other Takumis)

I should also give Rally Atk to Julia so she can buff Takumi or something.
Might give swordbreaker to Nowi if that's possible. Or maybe Quick Riposte.

Kagero hands down

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

cheetah7071 posted:

Can't counter if you're already dead.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nuebot posted:

:negative: I have multiple gordins but they're not 5*.

Vantage 2 will do the trick most of the time though.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Has anyone crafted the perfect Effie yet?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Lon'qu is the best source of Vantage 3, since he gets it at 4*. Likewise Shanna for Desperation 3, Florina for Darting Blow 3, etc.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I think I'm gonna mulch my spare Camilla and give Draconic Aura to Kagero for when I want something really loving dead.

Kagero with Draconic Aura, Bowbreaker, her natural Warding Blow and Hone Atk 3.
Rally Speed or Rally Defense, too.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Mar 16, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Game owns now.

And it's going to get even better once defence mode and perma death are introduced.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

EDIT: Never mind, turns out I'm an idiot and forgot to equip the skill!

So yeah just to confirm if anyone, like me, was uncertain. Upgrading a unit does not remove your added skills.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Mar 16, 2017

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

sassassin posted:

Game owns now.

And it's going to get even better once defence mode and perma death are introduced.

:what:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Perma-death events were confirmed. They don't actually kill your units, but basically you get a limited pool of dudes to throw at it.

Anyway, since we can swap tomes is there anyone who would utilize MRobin's takumi slayer tome better? Or is his beefy nature the best suited for that.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

They've actually announced that there's an upcoming mode that's a campaign of sorts with permadeath. So like if you lose your Lucina during the campaign she's still in your roster but you can't use her int he campaign anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
in a game where units are limited and it's all very one-shotty? sounds like hell.