Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Nuebot posted:

Suddenly I'm wondering why we don't have an SMT mobile game, or a persona one at the least.

Anyway, hector still owns. Here's a question though. How do buffs stack, if they do at all? I assume same type buffs don't attack but can I stack attack/speed/defense? Because having a whole team of armor units sound like it could be hilarious if you just let the enemy slam into the wall of death.

Re: armor squad; I've got Draug, Gwendolyn, and Sheena all at 4* (ward, hone, and fortify armor respectively), and it's a neat team in theory. The whole triangle is covered, Draug and Gwendolyn have lunge and drag back to mess with the enemy formation, and Gwendolyn and Sheena both have the killer weapon + escutcheon combo so that they're basically always taking reduced damage at close range. Unfortunately, my experience has been that it just doesn't work out in practice unless you're, like, on a map with few to no obstacles but a bunch of forests, and there's only a handful of those. The problem is how matchup based the game is: it turns out when your whole team has one move, even the AI can outmaneuver you enough to pick favorable targets for itself most of the time, and that's just a losing proposition no matter how you slice it. Maybe Hector is the missing piece of the puzzle (he does have the goad, right?), but honestly I doubt it. I'll still probably go in hard for him if he's ever a focus though, just to complete the gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I wouldn't sacrifice Faye or anyone else on the banner for skills until we find out the bonus units for next season, at least.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

Boey died for this

Boey died so I could have a triple-Tiki defense team

(not pictured: the quickened pulse seal that means if she survives a round somehow she'll have a vantage bonfire ready)

Yo if the fourth on your Tiki squad is a Delthea I'm pretty sure I just ran into it.

It died entirely unremarkably.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

It is, and I'm not surprised

e: do you remember how many points I gave?

I'm not 100 percent certain, but I think it was a 686.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Hmm, that last bonus hour only barely put Camilla ahead, but she also started significantly more than 10% back thanks to Ike's own bonus. If she gets another bonus before the end she probably wins. The numbers might be too big for her to get far enough behind now though.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Have you considered that the headband is folding her hair back over itself above her natural hairline, and thus that whole area isn't actually forehead?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

Eddie with firesweep sword isn't too implausible on a Micaiah banner

B-but Caladbolg...

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Isabelle is perfect

That's a weird way of spelling Yarn Yoshi. (pretend I'm not phone posting and actually linked pics)

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Elyv posted:

armor mage, at last

I, too, look forward to building an armor mage team out of Chagall, Reptor, Blume, and uh

One of Lewyn's uncles I guess? Honestly a special armored variant of Lilina feels more likely than that.

If we extend it to just any 2 range I could maybe see an argument for bow!Hannibal.

Fake edit: were Lewyn's uncles even notable enough to make it into the poll for CYL?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

That won't be enough to move up to 20 if last week was any indication. Do it again. Probably with a team not made entirely of ranged + dancer this time.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Cobalt60 posted:

Another dummy question: dudes can go from 4* lvl 1 to 20, then bump to 5*. OR, they can go up to 4* lvl 40. Why would you ever bother doing the latter? Like, why waste leveling up those last 20 when it resets and is unnecessary for the ultimate upgrade? Sorry if I'm not getting something here...

There was going to be a dissenting opinion here about how feeding kills in chain challenges is still more stamina efficient than leveling up in training tower once you get into the mid 30s but then I realized that if you're not autobattling you can still probably feed chain challenge kills to a mid 30s 4 star fairly reliably.

Also wow was I slow.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

It's extremely hosed up that those teams have Hector in them instead of Florina.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

Maybe I should add to the OP that everyone with a phone good enough to play this game has a good enough phone to emulate FE7 or FE8 and have a whole section on how to get into the main series if you like this game

Also the thread title is getting kinda stale and Marty and Rolf STILL aren't in the game so if you have any good thread title jokes post 'em

Fire Emblem Heroes: Tiki Is My Waifu, and Tiki x Tiki Is My OTP

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Caeda just broke my pity rate pulling for Elincia. That's the wrong red flier, game. Think I'm probably done with the banner now, the last time I was saving orbs was before Nohrian Summer.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Ostentatious posted:

is there a fire emblem character creepier than nowi

About half of the villains in FE4, and maybe even a couple of the playable characters.

Also assorted villains throughout the series who are especially slimy; Narcian, Sonia, Valter, Oliver, etc.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Today in "Be the Change"

This was all one team, but it's, uh, not very cohesive or, uh, good:

I guess this person just really liked Binding Blade.

There's also this monstrosity that I saw a couple weeks ago but forgot to post:

(Hector account spotted)

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I have more lovely arena builds to share! :confuoot:

Again, these were all on the same team:

I'm not really sure what this is supposed to accomplish, but feeding a Brave Roy to Reinhardt to make him worse at his job is a pretty ballsy move, and I can respect that.

This... actually seems like it could be decently effective in the player's hands if the meta wasn't so centered around orkos. Lonqu's attack isn't really high enough to pull it off though, and lol at the distant def seal.

What the gently caress

The fourth was a fairly uninteresting Eldigan, though he did have another Aether on him.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

It's hard to go wrong with assist skills, really. Healers aside, the only one that I'd say is truly bad is harsh command. Positioning skills are more generally useful than rallies, but swap is probably the trickiest positioning skill to use effectively.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Andrast posted:

Ayra's blade has a speed version of heavy blade on it

Figured it was only a matter of time until this happened, since the main series iteration of the skill had a similar counterpart.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

All three focus units in ~60 orbs, hell yeah! Tailtiu even could've been my free summon if I'd picked the blue first. As an added bonus, I also pulled my first ever Eirika!

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Ok, so I know this was never really in doubt, but I just crunched some numbers, and god drat, Deirdre's combination of color, statline, and weapon effect really do make her the ultimate mage tank in arena. With no merges, no 5* exclusive inheritance, and neutral hp/res, she can bait literally every fully merged mage in the game not named Celica with the proper build and support, while also counterkilling basically every glass cannon build that doesn't run G tomebreaker (or watersweep I guess). If Deirdre is +res, Celica needs to be running triangle adept to kill her, and if you also happen to have a spare atk ploy lying around to give Deirdre, not even TA Celica can do her in. This does start to fall apart if you let the enemy benefit from spurs, but with good play that should never be an issue. The only real threat is a setup that lets the enemy get a special off on their first initiation.

tl;dr Deirdre is real good and you should definitely pull for her. (Also I can post the details of the build if people want, but it's pretty standard stuff for the most part.)

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is this with Fury 3?

Yes, but unless your Deirdre is -spd, res+3 works just as well for tanking and might actually be better for counterkilling in some situations depending on how speed tiers shake out. (-spd Deirdre needs the extra speed to not die to fully merged +atk LaD Lilina. Edit: actually if you keep spd ploy on Deirdre she survives anyway, but again this might compromise some counterkills.)

-spd with fury is more optimal than neutral spd without, though.

To be clear, this is all extreme theorycrafting and this much prep will almost never be relevant unless you're consistently getting matched up with super whales.

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 18, 2017

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Having just now looked through all the art in my catalog, some random thoughts:

I love Wrys's damaged art. Everyone else has gotten seriously hosed up, and he just has two scratches and a broken staff.

Lilina's damaged art is surprisingly good. Like, she's vulnerable, but instead of shrinking back she just looks pissed off.

The anatomy on Sophia's neutral art is seriously terrible. Just awful.

I never noticed that the Corrins are partially transformed in their special activation art. That's a neat detail.

Maybe it's just weird perspective differences, but it seems like Kagero gets progressively bustier as you go from neutral>attack>damaged.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

No she shouldn't, she only has minor Od blood.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Maybe they were in the middle of using him as a meatshield in the warriors maps.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

SgtSteel91 posted:

Though I was super lucky when I pulled two Deirdre in one session

But one is +health/-atk and the other is +def/-spd

I think I'll use the -spd one to give QR3 to someone else and maybe stick an atk seal on the other, sounds good?

Deirdre arguably wants to get doubled, keep the -spd one.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

A Seliph broke my pity rate on Ike's original banner and I've finally found a job that he can't screw up.

He's going to marry his mom and be the spur+fortify bot that helps her tank All The Mages.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

oh, staff users can't inherit shield pulse too

thanks

If it makes you feel any better, I think shield pulse might be specifically melee only, since all of the non-miracle defensive specials are melee only too.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

Elise's swimsuit is see-through juuuuuuuuust up to but not including her crotch and nipples. Like I think with actual anatomy you'd see something on a real person wearing that swimsuit. It's skeevy as gently caress and far worse than either Nowi, and I'd be more likely to take issue with the artist on Elise because very minor changes would make it significantly better which isn't really true with Nowi

Elise's swimsuit reads as entirely opaque to me. You just see the indent of her navel because it's form-fitting.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

Hime cut vs facial hair

The game doesn't even have four characters with facial hair yet.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Actually you know what they should put Elincia on team beard.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Ostentatious posted:

smh never got an alm?

Level up your Linde

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

So was the implication that in addition to the story Fjorm, she's still going to be on the banner too, and therefore mergeable? It was a little unclear.

Also, since literally everyone is getting hella upgrades, I humbly submit a new thread title suggestion: Fire Emblem Heroes: This isn't even my final Fjorm

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

TFRazorsaw posted:

no seriously am I the only one who sees this he's loving Ganondorf

Don't be ridiculous, Ganondorf has never used an axe.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

That is an extremely good art. Also it's hilarious that Reinhardt has become notable enough to be featured on it.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Fire Emblem has never not been super anime.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Speaking of big numbers, it took a while but Deirdre is finally ready to tank All The Mages with the help of her garbage son:

Still need to swap out their assists eventually though. Thinking rally defense for Seliph because with that and a defensive tile Deirdre actually survives almost every BLyn as long as I can line up the ploy beforehand.

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 15, 2017

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Where the hell is Charlotte then!?!

Unless she's not actually that popular. Which is also similarly unforgivable.

Nah, popularity's got nothing to do with it, the Fates lineup is literally just the royals and all their retainers, minus Flora and Kaze I guess. See also: the lack of Scarlet.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Half the fun of Fire Emblem is Making Numbers Big, and Hana makes very big numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Retool Florina into your physical tank and build a Cancel Affinity Rebecca imo.