Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ostentatious posted:

don't need to double when you can just one shot

I have a +ATK Spring Camilla with a similar build. OHKOing is indeed great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
What's with you and big forehead ladies

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

What's with you and big forehead ladies

every anime character has a giant forehead sry to break this to you

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

the type of person to minmax their morgan with multigenerational eugenics, smh

To be fair, Lucina makes a fine mother for Morgan.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Don't marry your best friend's daughter, it's weird.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Clarste posted:

In addition to this, I've done a Chrobin pairing pretty much every time I've played Awakening so in my mind's eye she's Robin's daughter which makes me do a double take every time someone mentioned they married Lucina.

I guess that's more Fire Emblem-y though. :v:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

hopeandjoy posted:

In addition to this, I've done a Chrobin pairing pretty much every time I've played Awakening so in my mind's eye she's Robin's daughter which makes me do a double take every time someone mentioned they married Lucina.

same with the caveat that i havent touched awakening in a really long rear end time because i played it to death in 2013

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Clarste posted:

Weirder still when they're older than he is

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

went into AA to see how well a team of mine scores there, since it seemed like I might fall out of the 22 coins tier. Got a 4892 score that will definitely hold, using no items and crushing 4 horse+dancer teams along the way with no real trouble

Maybe I'm just too conservative with my good units when I'm in tryhard mode. Could also just be variance though

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Man, normally I can get my AA run fairly painlessly, but I keep messing up this week. It's frustrating

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

No lie, I’m gonna miss the Warriors maps when they’re over.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i'm gonna drop out of t19 for the first time in months because 4810 wasn't enough to go back up

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
This is koei tecmo, they will probably make another warriors game next year

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tae posted:

This is koei tecmo, they will probably make another warriors game next year week

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Legit though they should rework the training tower to use respawning and the lower-stat enemies.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

hopeandjoy posted:

I'm the complete inverse; I can't not see Chrom with Sumia and m!Robin with Lucina

But speaking of m!Robin x Lucina and FE Heroes, I've been thinking about how to get the most out that pair up.

Definitely running Robin with Raven tome + Triangle Adept, gave him bow breaker and sword breaker to completely destroy them, Quick Riposte 2 (cause I don't think I have enough patience to get Subaki to 5* so I can give QR3 to Robin), and maybe Hone Attack to make Lucina more a killing machine.
My Robin has +health/-def IV, so I gave him Ignis and Lucina Rally Defense and the Fortify Def Seal to make up for it and give Robin and extra boost when he can attack with Ignis. Or maybe I should switch it to boosting Robin's speed instead of Def?
I don't have the Distant Defense S-seal so I did the next best thing and made a Deflect Magic Seal
Also thinking of giving him swap in case Lucina attacks a unit while in range non-green tome user. That or pull back

For Lucina, she has a +spd/-res IV, so I'm thinking of leaning on that to get her to double most units and activate Aether.
Either Fury or Darting Blow as the A skill and Vantage as the B skill.
As for C-skill, I was thinking of Threaten spd on anyone not dead or who could be doubled by Robin.
And like I said before, I was thinking of her Assist Skill being Rally Defense and the S-Seal Fortify Defense to help make up for Robin's loss of Def or Rally Speed and the speed increasing S-seal to bring up Robin's speed.

And of course the Ally Support.

What do you all think?

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 16, 2017

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
You can buff any given stat once, and the highest effect will apply, so Rally Defense + Fortify Defence seal on Lucina for Robin is redundant. Diversify your buffs.

Vantage isn't a great B-skill for Lucina, because Falchion will heal her out of the proc range sometimes. I'd recommend doubling down on Renewal instead.

Other than that it seems fine to me. Give it a spin and see how it works.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Zwingley posted:

You can buff any given stat once, and the highest effect will apply, so Rally Defense + Fortify Defence seal on Lucina for Robin is redundant. Diversify your buffs.

Vantage isn't a great B-skill for Lucina, because Falchion will heal her out of the proc range sometimes. I'd recommend doubling down on Renewal instead.

Other than that it seems fine to me. Give it a spin and see how it works.

Thanks for the tip about buffs and Falchion possibly healing her out of Vantage Range. But with that in mind, I do have an extra Subaki who can give QR2 to her. With Falchion and Aether healing her, that can keep her above 80% I figure.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

SgtSteel91 posted:

I'm the complete inverse; I can't not see Chrom with Sumia and m!Robin with Lucina

But speaking of m!Robin x Lucina and FE Heroes, I've been thinking about how to get the most out that pair up.

Definitely running Robin with Raven tome + Triangle Adept, gave him bow breaker and sword breaker to completely destroy them, Quick Riposte 2 (cause I don't think I have enough patience to get Subaki to 5* so I can give QR3 to Robin), and maybe Hone Attack to make Lucina more a killing machine.
My Robin has +health/-def IV, so I gave him Ignis and Lucina Rally Defense and the Fortify Def Seal to make up for it and give Robin and extra boost when he can attack with Ignis. Or maybe I should switch it to boosting Robin's speed instead of Def?
I don't have the Distant Defense S-seal so I did the next best thing and made a Deflect Magic Seal
Also thinking of giving him swap in case Lucina attacks a unit while in range non-green tome user. That or pull back

For Lucina, she has a +spd/-res IV, so I'm thinking of leaning on that to get her to double most units and activate Aether.
Either Fury or Darting Blow as the A skill and Vantage as the B skill.
As for C-skill, I was thinking of Threaten spd on anyone not dead or who could be doubled by Robin.
And like I said before, I was thinking of her Assist Skill being Rally Defense and the S-Seal Fortify Defense to help make up for Robin's loss of Def or Rally Speed and the speed increasing S-seal to bring up Robin's speed.

And of course the Ally Support them.

What do you all think?
Basically what I did, though I use either QR3 or Bow/BlueTome breaker. Swordbreaker isn't really needed for mine (+10, S rank Summoner Supported, +Atk, -HP) because he doesn't take damage from them in the first place so who cares if it takes him two turns when they do nothing, though most of the time he one-shots them with adjacent Lucina with Spur Atk. Given -Def, it might be useful but BowBreaker is really good suddenly if Lyn runs Triangle Cancel and you accidentally didn't notice and just put him there thinking he could tank no problem. I also have him normally with Threaten Res just in case he can ring around the pillar someone, or have a melee unit stop a tile outside their range to get blast-dance-blasted. Also gave him the full Deflect Magic Seal, which allows him (given his +10 and S rank SS) to tank and kill both non-TriangleCancel Lyn and Rein on the same turn with Bowbreaker). As far as Support Skills go, I alternate between Rally Spd/Atk and the movement skills like Pull Back and Reposition. MRob is by far my most used unit and has so so many skill options and has still gotten to 9999SP twice. His Attack Skill is normally boring Moonbow/Bonfire, just so he can absolutely make sure Rein or BowLyn don't survive one round and get WoM danced.

Lucina is really good with +spd and mine is -def so not much different. Aether is good for Arena Score. Fury is a solid A Skill, and Vantage is ok (and at times the only way you can win if the other team has someone in Vantage range who one-shots you like a Bonfire-ready Vantage Hector or w/e) though I've had recent surprising success with keeping Renewal from when she was a healbot during the Tempests. You get the occasional possible-no-wins but you can plan around that if you notice Distant Counter+Vantage is a thing on the other side, or let Lucina's Renewal+Falchion heal her to max which makes her a little tricky to oneshot with a supporting Robin giving her +2 to all. Her Assist is normally Ardent Sac given her pretty ridiculous regen with Falchion and Renewal though had success with both offensive Rallies and her native Spur Atk is fine, esp when Robin gets a +6 Atk and +2 Spd just from being next to her. +10Atk +2 Spd/+6 Atk&Spd if you use either Rally skill then have Robin attack without moving.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
the last map of this squad assault can suck my dick

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
getting 4k in arena assault only gives you 12 coins. I guess I can only upgrade a seal once per month

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm way behind on my squad assaults, they're seriously hard. I need to sit down and try to puzzle some of them out soon

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

getting 4k in arena assault only gives you 12 coins. I guess I can only upgrade a seal once per month

We also get 10 coins from normal arena and I bet we are going to get them as rewards from various other things too now.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
It's the armor knights that are getting me. Even my TA3/Swordbreaker Clive can't kill them fast enough before I get overwhelmed by the other spawns.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

I'm way behind on my squad assaults, they're seriously hard. I need to sit down and try to puzzle some of them out soon

I'm 2 behind right now, B and D. I've got to the last map for B, but the thing that bugs me is having to redo the easy ones in the exact same way every time I want to try something new for the last two maps. It's fast, but it's still tedious as all get out.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Andrast posted:

We also get 10 coins from normal arena and I bet we are going to get them as rewards from various other things too now.

The announcement said we'd get them from Tempest Trials and such.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Shinji117 posted:

Basically what I did, though I use either QR3 or Bow/BlueTome breaker. Swordbreaker isn't really needed for mine (+10, S rank Summoner Supported, +Atk, -HP) because he doesn't take damage from them in the first place so who cares if it takes him two turns when they do nothing, though most of the time he one-shots them with adjacent Lucina with Spur Atk. Given -Def, it might be useful but BowBreaker is really good suddenly if Lyn runs Triangle Cancel and you accidentally didn't notice and just put him there thinking he could tank no problem. I also have him normally with Threaten Res just in case he can ring around the pillar someone, or have a melee unit stop a tile outside their range to get blast-dance-blasted. Also gave him the full Deflect Magic Seal, which allows him (given his +10 and S rank SS) to tank and kill both non-TriangleCancel Lyn and Rein on the same turn with Bowbreaker). As far as Support Skills go, I alternate between Rally Spd/Atk and the movement skills like Pull Back and Reposition. MRob is by far my most used unit and has so so many skill options and has still gotten to 9999SP twice. His Attack Skill is normally boring Moonbow/Bonfire, just so he can absolutely make sure Rein or BowLyn don't survive one round and get WoM danced.

Lucina is really good with +spd and mine is -def so not much different. Aether is good for Arena Score. Fury is a solid A Skill, and Vantage is ok (and at times the only way you can win if the other team has someone in Vantage range who one-shots you like a Bonfire-ready Vantage Hector or w/e) though I've had recent surprising success with keeping Renewal from when she was a healbot during the Tempests. You get the occasional possible-no-wins but you can plan around that if you notice Distant Counter+Vantage is a thing on the other side, or let Lucina's Renewal+Falchion heal her to max which makes her a little tricky to oneshot with a supporting Robin giving her +2 to all. Her Assist is normally Ardent Sac given her pretty ridiculous regen with Falchion and Renewal though had success with both offensive Rallies and her native Spur Atk is fine, esp when Robin gets a +6 Atk and +2 Spd just from being next to her. +10Atk +2 Spd/+6 Atk&Spd if you use either Rally skill then have Robin attack without moving.

This is well thought out, thanks!

I guess the only thing that can give them trouble are lance users. But that's what Axes and Green Tomes are for, right :v:

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 16, 2017

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Datamining has started.

We're expectedly getting Ayra and Arvis, but also... Arden.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Datamining has started.

Good. We need more armor units and my boy Arden deserves more love.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Arvis isn't an armor mage.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ayra's blade has a speed version of heavy blade on it

Edit: and she has a special that does 40% of her speed as damage

Andrast fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 16, 2017

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Andrast posted:

Ayra's blade has a speed version of heavy blade on it

Figured it was only a matter of time until this happened, since the main series iteration of the skill had a similar counterpart.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

With that unique kit, assuming she is fast as gently caress, Ayra's ATK would need to be abysmal for her to be not good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

That is some art

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

For whatever reason Ayra and Sigurd gets 5 extra BST than normal

Ayra: 41/33/37(+3)/31/21

Sigurd: 41/35/32/34/17(+3)

Deirdre: 36/33/28/16/35

Tailtiu: 39/32/35/17/25

Arvis: 33/34/31/17/33

vArya/Arvis/Arden are gonna be either TT or GHB

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Oct 16, 2017

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

blizzardvizard posted:

Datamining has started.

Is this from an event or the banner in 2 hours

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

https://imgur.com/a/Wzkg2

Here are the stats

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
why ayra

are you sure it's not because of tempest trials buffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ayra looks really really solid.

Deirdre is very much a Julia, Tailtiu is yet another fast blue mage and Sigurd looks good.