Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Speaking of Ninos, should I 5-star my -atk +res? I have no idea what I'm doing, so if this is a 'meh' I should probably save the feathers for something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Elyv posted:

-atk/+res is a pretty weak nature but Nino hits so hard that she'll probably actually still be pretty good. Depends on what your other magic damage options are, what's in your 5 star queue, that kind of thing.

I only just found out how deep the meta is in this game, so I dont even know my options. Been playing casually a while though, so I have a roster of sorts.. Using +atk/-def Reinhardt (with just fury added, lacking skills to inherit) and +spd/-hp azura to kill most easy stuff, but struggling on harder content that needs baiting and survivals. I have no tanks afaik, and my greens are a bit meh. That Nino, a Raven, some low neutral Cecilia and Fredericks that I'm levelling up. Eliwood (+atk/--def)and Ogma (+def/-hp) seem to die too easily as well, and I'm not terribly impressed with them at 4*.

So yeah I dont even know what I'm asking, information overload (I love 'casual' games with crazy meta (and also parentheses)).

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

cheetah7071 posted:

Reinhardt, Azura, Nino, and a red buffbot (Eirika is the best but anyone with rally attack and hone speed or the reverse will do) is a very solid team that should be able to carry you through nearly anything that doesn't ask you to have multiple teams

As for who makes a good tank, honestly there's so many it's hard to list them all but they all come with asterisks--there is no unit in the game who can profitably bait every prominent threat

Since it sounds like you're new, you probably don't have many heroes, so post a screenshot of your 4 and 5 star collection and I'll tell you who I think stands out

Most of those arent 40, working on the remaining 5s and some 4s. Promoted Rein a while ago and I've been promoting up some greens, leaving me at ~30k feathers that I'm not sure what to do with.. I also think I lack a buffer, maybe?

e: also, is it just me or are all my good units blue?
doublee: havent noticed before that Soren is Charles Manson.

valuum fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 11, 2017

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

cheetah7071 posted:

Nowi is your best tank I see (with TA and QR she's quite good) but she's blue too. ATiki is pretty reasonable to cover Reinhardt's Julia weakness, but she'll absolutely have to have triangle adept and G tomebreaker to pull it off.

Eirika is to my knowledge the only character that natively buffs attack and speed but Gana has rally attack and is in the free rotation, and Matthew has hone speed and is one of your starters.
A 3* Olivia could take dance duty from Azura, and make Nowi a second blue maybe? I have 2 Hanas and a Matthew, just need to find that receiver.

Murderion posted:

Provided Charles there doesn't have The Worst IV, you won't need to worry about greens for a while - him and Nino should cover the mage front, while you can inherit Raven's Brave Axe + onto someone else - Cherche is the recommended candidate due to her monster attack, but Frederick is good if you need a tank as his def is quite good and he's not vulnerable to bows. Since both are 3/4*s, you won't need to promote them after inheriting the axe, as you can merge them into a 4*+10 for higher stats.

You'll need to upgrade a red, or wait until the Xander GHB repeats and upgrade him.
Can a 4* wield a 5*'s weapon?

So for the red; upgrade Chrom, Eliwood or a Tiki? The guys get substantially better weapons, and Tiki seems a bit hard to make great. Not sure what IVs Chrom or the Tikis are, any way to tell when the heroes arent base or max?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Pulling for a Nino on the hone attack banner a while back didnt go very well, stopped counting after 100 orbs. The pity rate reset when I had to pull on an all red summoning circle and got a bloody brilliant -atk Lilina. It wasnt all bad though, I got a +atk Cherche and, uh, a few Freddies;

Prepped for merges for +atk Fred, and :wom: my two dancers.

Anywho, so I pulled a freebie green on the Lilina banner, and hello 3* +spd/-res Nino! Somethingsomethingfate. So the question is, do I 5* or merge a 4*? I have two -atk/+sht Ninos currently. I would guess 5*, since the weapon adds a tiny bit? Also, not having to wait for ages.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Thought so. I dont really see myself spending 20k feathers for just a couple of stat points though, and we're talking -atk/+res on my spares -spd/+hp (thought both were -atk). I figure I'll save one in case I ever want to inherit gronnblade+ to Cecilia, and give the good Fred draw back.

e: okay I totally misunderstood that. Is doing this^^^ a bad idea?

valuum fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 7, 2017

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Decided to check out arena assault with my 19 40s (some are pure shite). Sent in four 30-somethings as my first team to be sure I made it through, played advanced on most and easy on 2. Surprisingly high score of 3950 for no effort whatsoever, in the 15/1700 reward tier currently.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
In an effort to improve my laughable depth, I'm going for a betterer merged Cecilia. I have the following:
Neutral
+atk/-spd (x2)
+atk/-res

I 5*ed my good Nino, so I have a spare gronnblade to give her (not 5*ing it to merge). Considering popping fury 2 in there also, if not just keeping her attack +3. I'm thinking -spd, as the 3 spd wont make her double stuff (20 vs 23 base), and she wont get doubled by (most) Reins anyway. Any suggestions?

valuum fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Aug 9, 2017

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
gently caress IVs:
Ike +HP/-Atk
Julia +def/-spd

Are those at all salvagable? Can/should I inherit Ike's sword to someone? I suppose Julia might be able to deal with Reins if I slap TA on her.. Or at least wait and see what the AA seals are for.

Also of note:
Tharja +Atk/-spd
Marth +Atk/-spd

Not quite sure what to do with those either, having lost their forte.. They sure know how to ruin the joy of good finds.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
So I continued spending orbs on red for the hero fest banner, because the Ike I got was poo poo (+HP/-atk). Finally got another, and it's loving +HP/-spd. I cant tell which one I like less and dont know what to do with the other one - 32 atk 31 spd vs 35 atk 28 spd. I suppose keep the -atk one, since it would still be able to double some Hectors?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Tired Moritz posted:

you do not need to double hectors to kill hectors

We're talking 48 or 51 atk unbuffed here, which according to the calculator would leave Hectors at 20+ health .

Andrast posted:

Ike wants quick riposte anyway

I can do a QR2 and fury2, to make it a proper half-assed build, and sort of make him have his uses. My only other semi-proper red is ATiki, which the -spd Ike is starting to look a lot like. I guess the -atk's the keeper.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I got the same Lilina plus -spd Tharja, Marth and Julia (no red orbs) last week #sharingthepain

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Andrast posted:

My usual arena team is Olivia, Rein, +10 4* Cherche for BST and a bonus unit

Man this thread moves. Anyway, this is the same setup I run, except mine are a bit lesser, and I'm struggling. 4*+1 +spd ruby sword olivia (lacking feathers for now, 4 more Olives coming up), 5* Awesome Rein, 4* +atk brave Cherche, bonus thing. How much do you get per win to fiddle around at 19-20? I also struggle with a few greens if Cherche isnt in perfect position, is it a non+atk/5* Olivia thing? She cant kill poo poo for me.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Huh, slumped upon clearing lunatic on the first try. My first infernal GHB, yay! Rein (5* +atk, db3, but no lancebreaker) and Cherche (4* brave+) killing everything, 4* Olivia dancing and doing the last green cav, Atiki not doing anything at all.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Killing 9-2 infernal Narcian with 3* Narcian was a bit too much effort for my tastes, even levelling him up to 40 was tiresome. Finally managed to do the right amount of damage with a Cecila so the buffed 3* could finish off the last few HP. So afterwards I took a shot at the infernal GHB and somehow cleared it at the first try (Rein, Nino and 2 dancers). Whyy the hell didnt you do that first, dumbass.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I've been clearing the latest infernals easily, but this one is giving me tons of trouble.

keldegar posted:

Did it with cecilia Reinhardt Ninian Olivia

I sort of tried this, with cec/rein/azura/olivia, then with bowlyn instead of Cecilia, to no success. Any rough pointers?

edit: VVVV My Julia is +def, will give that a go after work

valuum fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Sep 20, 2017

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

ALFbrot posted:

I did BowLyn/Rein/Azura/Olivia (level 25 4 stars lol), arranged as such:
code:
LYN     AZURA
REIN    OLIVIA
BowLyn and Rein are S support, BowLyn is S summoner support, and both have Drag Back. Azura has +3 HP seal.

I immediately killed Ninian with BowLyn, then dragged her back three times with Rein. Next turn I run her over to hit the green mage, then Olivia dances her so she can finish him off. Rein hides in the space under Olivia, and Azura moves to the space to Olivia's left, so that she's the only one in the danger zone. The blue horse attacks Olivia, she survives with 11 HP left, the red horse attacks her, she survives with 3 left (thanks +3 seal), then kills him. Then Rein finishes the blue horse, Azura moves underneath Olivia to dance him (leaving her previous spot open for BowLyn to hit Hawkeye, which she does), and Rein finishes the red dude.

edit: gently caress, just realized my Azura is +DEF, so that helps her tank those hits. Adjust with spurs or whatever as necessary

Thanks for this! Didnt quite work out for me, I have repositions on both rein and lyn, and my Azura ended up dying. Figured out how to do it on that try though. I replaced Lyn with BIke, who swapped places with Azura (at 1 hp) and tanked the 2 remaining on the left side. He's a -atk chump, but apparantly still a champ! Not sure why this one was so hard for me when everyone else seem to breeze through. Too many glass cannons and hardly any baiters, I suspect.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Okay now that M!Marth is complete, wow. Yeah i see what you guys were talking about.

She hits like a sock full of batteries, twice, and heals everyone for 10 hp every time she does. Which allows her to reciprocal aid everyone up to her max hp, then heal them up to full.

She is ... good.

I have too many feathers and sort of need a project, is this the falchion-reciproc-renewal-breath of life build? I've never played around with breath of life since it seems really cumbersome to set up, but I guess it's time to give it a go.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Okay so I'm not getting another dancer on the banner, apparently (ach, mein money). I did get a 5* +atk -spd Effie though! So the dilemma now is; do I feed her the brave+ from a bad iv Cordelia, or save cord for merging sometime down the line and promote someone else to give Effie the + lance?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Starsnostars posted:

Do you plan on building a Cordelia at some point in the future? If not then it makes sense to use her for the brave lance+. I wouldn't bother promoting someone else for it unless you're sitting on loads of feathers and you know you will build up Cordelia one day.

I have a Roderick for her and some 4* with bad ivs, so I've sort of "only" been waiting for the iv. Who knows how long that will take though, but I just got back up to 20k feathers, which makes me hesitate.

E: On second thought, gently caress it, I'm not putting my faith in the rng. Bye cordy!

valuum fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Oct 7, 2017

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Ahhh, wish I hadnt pulled that trigger so quickly. Why even ask in the thread if you're going to plunge into stuff anyway? Dumbass.

I send so many Virions home too, it'd be nice to have the option of galemania.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I fell asleep with 3 hrs left in the tempest trials at rank ~3,700 and woke up to find out I dropped to 5127

RIP 2k feathers, at least I still got a bunch of HM feathers chasing you

I feel your pain, ended up at 10201 last time :downs:

valuum fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Oct 7, 2017

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I've been going up and down between 18 and 19 in the arena, which has been pleasantly low effort. Would Effie, BK+1, Rein+1 or Brave Lyn and bonus unit be enough to get me up to 19-20 territory? With pivot on Effie, swap on BK and repos on Rein/Lyn I should be okayish for movement.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
This is what it looks like when I summon:

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I finally efforted in tier 19 and got myself a decent score! 4852 should be enough to advance, no? Rank 885 so far, but too early in the season for comfort. Turns out that the way to do it for me is spending crests and doing it all in one sitting. Somethingsomething concentration.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Not exactly thrilled by Ursula's stats, is it just a case of horseys+blade or am i missing something?

e: hey, free DB3

valuum fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 25, 2017

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Elyv posted:

(Also it's only free DB2, you want DB3 off of her you need to 5 her)
Doh, forgot that you only get the GHBs at 4*.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
My horse team got bumrushed no matter what I did. Turns out that BK, Julia with green tomebreaker and fort res'ed (dont know if that was needed), healer and dancer did it easily. BK baits ninja in the leftmost danger spot, julia baits green mage and ursula in the spot next to him. Cant quite remember the details next round, BK swapping place with Julia, gets healed, Julia danced away and BK kills the rest.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

FartingBedpost posted:

Man I’m struggling to figure this infernal out.

BK seems to be key to making it through. Dancer/Healer or dancer/dancer seems necessary, but Nino, Julia, and Sonya all didn’t do it for me.

Do you have green tomebreaker and a fort res buff for Julia or Sonya? That's what did it for me (plus BK-dancer-healer).

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

FartingBedpost posted:

Finally figured it out with Sonya and the Distant Defense 3 seal. Had to dance her with Shigure, not Olivia. The extra res was enough to survive everyone, and BK killed everything.

E: I had to confirm, but my Sonya and Nino are both -res, which is why I needed the extra res boosts.

Doh, yeah I also had the seal on Julia.. Glad to be of help! :haw:

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Huh, my game/phone just hiccuped. Had to open the lock on the pone with the combination because it supposedly was more than 24 hours since I had used it. I then had full stamina and swords, two new x3 runs and new daily quests (until I turned in; game crashed). Well, uh, thanks I guess.

Trip report banner: 70 orbs for green/grey, got a nowi when I had to pull red.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Hrm, pulled a Jakob with +spd -HP. Not quite sure what to do with him, brave bow? I'll probably use him for EP, so maybe just keep his bow and get a slaying bow if I end up using him a lot? Tempted to pull for a better IV, but that doesnt really sound healthy..

Also I would like to take a minute to appreciate this post

Roger Explosion posted:

You diss this gauntlet's theme again and there'll be hell toupée.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Tae posted:

Arvis is really good at showing what a billion debuffs is useful. I will miss him when he's not a bonus unit anymore.

He's been my MVP through the TT and a brilliant bonus unit that got me to my first T20. Best 20k feathers I've spent in the game so far (sorry for only giving you fury2 Arvisbro, but 50atk 35res is pretty decent).

Truth Quark posted:

Does this count as be the change?

Arghfg, this is extremely what I'm aiming for! Going to dolph a little to try to replace my +spd Jakob.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

valuum posted:

Arghfg, this is extremely what I'm aiming for! Going to dolph a little to try to replace my +spd Jakob.

Look at this drunk dumbass, dont do like him. Got a +atk Kagero though, a Setsuna and.. *four* Leons.

e: that makes 5 Leons total, which one do I merge into at 4* (keeping in reserve one for Jakob)? They all seem rather inferior:
+spd -def (x2)
+hp -spd
neutral
+def -atk

e2: the two regular Jakobs were a pretty nice touch, if I had liked bad touches

valuum fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Nov 4, 2017

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

AradoBalanga posted:

Well, I got a +ATK/-RES Amelia as my free pull off the short-haired ladies banner, continuing my streak of +ATK/-RES heroes I've pulled.

That's rather fantasticly great, please hug your Stahls.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Silver Falcon posted:

Who are you fielding with him in the Arena? I haven't come up with good buddies for him to murder things with yet.

I'm using all of my personal favourites, that are meta-bad, but that I have merged and inhertied skills to so that they are playable!

*cough*

A +1 Reinhardt, BLyn and a gronnraven 4*+10 Cecilia. Arvis just fits in extremely well and the team gives 688-696 per battle, which was enough by a large margin.. Ended up just below rank 6k, iirc top 11k go promoted.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I'm glad your armor team is working well for you on defense, but mine for whatever reason has failed to record a single defense win the past two weeks. I've tried switching around a bunch of other defense teams in that time, too, including ones that have had double digit wins in past weeks with Rein/BLyn shenanigans, but for some reason nothing's worked.

My non-beefed up (non-Hec) armor team doesnt do much either.. Rein and BLyn also seem bad on a defence team these days, probably because the recent meta is very anti-them. I get easy defences with TAraven Cecilia and Sigurd + bonus and whatever though, worth a shot if you have a Sig.

Also, I have so many flags, and it's 4 am. Ow.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Andrast posted:

Replace Azura with a ranged unit then.

YTiki/Bike/Ranged unit of your choice/Bonus seems like a fine team

How does that team not get murdered by horse emblems though? Low mobillity and not much DCing, unless you have too many Hectors.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Andrast posted:

The ranged unit can be Nino (or a high RES Blue) with distant defense or deflect magic, which would let her handle Rein. Many other units work too.

Then you just kill BLyn in the player phase or alternatively give YTiki bowbreaker. Bike can tank her (and Rein) in a pinch too.

Sounds so obvious when you put it like that. I guess I'm too stuck in the kill ASAP mindset you get when horsing too much?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Wouldnt deflect missile seal + bowbreaker smash all BLyns without any wards or further efforts?

Oh hi new page. Context: spooky Jakob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Does a Raven TA3 Bowbreaker Cecilia (+Atk/-Res) survive and counterkill all Brave Lyns without CA and Reinhardts? Wondering if I should replace her G tomebreaker and have her as a problem horse counter so Henry can do Gronnowl things instead

Yep, she owns. Not sure about crazy merges of BLyn, but if you're facing crazy merges you probably have a crazy merge yourself.