Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

AverySpecialfriend posted:

They have infantry pulse on their lowest hp char lol?

Oh yeah I dunno, I assume Bike is on another team too or maybe their summoner support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I guess we're definitely getting a third arena season with these units since tonight was the last chance to drop a trailer and have the banner show up before tuesday. We'll probably get a trailer with the feh channel but the banner will go up too late for the arena season.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Unless the banner units are ones I really want I'll probably give them a pass since I have super Subaki for the next arena cycle.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I kinda wish they just give a bunch of arena units that are just random selections.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

5* ogma ruined my pity bonus on the death blow banner and i wanna uninstall the game again

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I'm really starting to get frustrated with the arena. Having no better bonus unit than Anna is balls. I'm also reaching a point where my Olwen Xander Axura core is no longer cutting it for scoring, but I don't have any replacements as effective in terms of winning.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Well, cavalries are gonna have trouble scoring, but you should have a bunch of free units that can up your score, like Arden or Black Knight, who can replace Xander. You'll lose the cavalry cohesion, but Axura buffs might help make up for it.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Well I've already tried a higher scoring core of YTiki and BIke over Xander and Olwen, with old Azura swapped in to balance the colors, but then I don't have any ranged units and I feel like a sitting duck even with all the reposition. Then I tried Olwen in again over Azura, that's somewhat more effective, but I still feel weak.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Akett posted:

Well I've already tried a higher scoring core of YTiki and BIke over Xander and Olwen, with old Azura swapped in to balance the colors, but then I don't have any ranged units and I feel like a sitting duck even with all the reposition. Then I tried Olwen in again over Azura, that's somewhat more effective, but I still feel weak.

Replace Azura with a ranged unit then.

YTiki/Bike/Ranged unit of your choice/Bonus seems like a fine team

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Andrast posted:

Replace Azura with a ranged unit then.

YTiki/Bike/Ranged unit of your choice/Bonus seems like a fine team

How does that team not get murdered by horse emblems though? Low mobillity and not much DCing, unless you have too many Hectors.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

valuum posted:

How does that team not get murdered by horse emblems though? Low mobillity and not much DCing, unless you have too many Hectors.

The ranged unit can be Nino (or a high RES Blue) with distant defense or deflect magic, which would let her handle Rein. Many other units work too.

Then you just kill BLyn in the player phase or alternatively give YTiki bowbreaker. Bike can tank her (and Rein) in a pinch too.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 13, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Just tell us what new heroes were getting already goddamn.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

ANNA SUUUUUUUCKS

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Andrast posted:

The ranged unit can be Nino (or a high RES Blue) with distant defense or deflect magic, which would let her handle Rein. Many other units work too.

Then you just kill BLyn in the player phase or alternatively give YTiki bowbreaker. Bike can tank her (and Rein) in a pinch too.

Sounds so obvious when you put it like that. I guess I'm too stuck in the kill ASAP mindset you get when horsing too much?

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
I am using a Fae as my anti-meta unit. She destroys both Rein and Lyn while having a super high BST to boost your score. Chicken is powerful and I need to pull more for merges.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I like to have a decent color balance on my teams, so I'd want my ranged unit to be blue. I've got a few options. There's Olwen, my current choice, she's +Atk - HP and she's all tricked out, L&D3, Atk3 seal, summoner supported, and she's at +1. I have a Linde, she's got a ton of SP she's sitting on from a tempest trial, but she's +Def -Res so she's extra glass with no extra cannon. I have a Delthea, -Atk +Res, I haven't gotten around to leveling her but she would at least be able to survive a Rein decently. I've got a Rein, he's -Atk and I only have DB2 on him, his attack before any sort of buffing is one less than my Olwen's and is equal to my Odin's. Speaking of, +Atk -HP Odin, loving lol. And I have a Spring Lucina at -Atk +Def and her attack before buffs is lower than the last two clowns.

Holy poo poo, I hadn't quite fully taken stock of how bad most of my ranged blue options are.

Akett fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 13, 2017

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I've been at this for three hours now, I've dropped 40 duel crests and I still haven't gotten a deathless run. The deathless run I got from earlier in the week has gotten me a score that JUST dropped below the cutoff to get back into tier 20. The new team has points enough to EASILY get me over that threshold if I could just get a loving streak.

I've tried out BLyn instead of Olwen, I ran into a BK and she only did 10 damage to him with her default bow and I don't have the SP to train the brave bow I got her. I don't know if YTiki can win against him.

Akett fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 13, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Akett posted:

I've been at this for three hours now, I've dropped 40 duel crests and I still haven't gotten a deathless run. The deathless run I got from earlier in the week has gotten me a score that JUST dropped below the cutoff to get back into tier 20. The new team has points enough to EASILY get me over that threshold if I could just get a loving streak.

I've tried out BLyn instead of Olwen, I ran into a BK and she only did 10 damage to him with her default bow and I don't have the SP to train the brave bow I got her. I don't know if YTiki can win against him.

YTiki should murder BK as long as you don't run into QR.

You can also shoot BK with Blyn and reposition her away so BK can't attack her.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 13, 2017

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Akett posted:

If your tiki has QR, doesn't initiate, and the bk doesn't have vantage i think she does.

E:

Andrast posted:

YTiki destroys BK.

You can also shoot BK with Blyn and reposition her away so BK can't attack her.
:v:

I remember a few surprising losses of ytiki to burger king because of the Black Luna/Vantage combo.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I wish they make more dragon units that are cool and neat. Like there's the Tikis/Fae but who else

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Well I just had her fight him, he was on a defense tile and she did well, but it wasn't her first fight and she was at low health and I guess he had vantage because my Olwen couldn't kill him and at that point I pretty much had no chance against him.

I seem to be getting worse at this as I go. But of course I can't go to bed now because I won't wake up until the arena closes.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Akett posted:

Well I just had her fight him, he was on a defense tile and she did well, but it wasn't her first fight and she was at low health and I guess he had vantage because my Olwen couldn't kill him and at that point I pretty much had no chance against him.

I seem to be getting worse at this as I go. But of course I can't go to bed now because I won't wake up until the arena closes.

You probably shouldn't attack units on a defense tile, especially if they are armors and therefore easily maneuvered around.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I forget if I had much of a choice given the way everything else was happening, but I'm half asleep and making bad decisions and can't remember what I was doing at the time.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Saw a Hana-headlined Arena team in the Intermediate slot with tier 17 or 18; fought it because I thought maybe someone was Being The Change

but the Hana was 4* and didn't even have an A-skill :mad:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Hana has been a bonus unit these past 2 weeks, is this really the first time you've seen one lately in arena

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The armor team is loving ridiculous

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I see tons of 4*+10 Hanas

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I never see Hanas because I'm in 18-19 purgatory

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I’ve only seen one in the 17-18-19 area. Looked just like Ostentatious’s Hana, but alas, only a plus 2.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Hana has been a bonus unit these past 2 weeks, is this really the first time you've seen one lately in arena

I've never seen a Hana unless I'm picking Beginner

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I wish instead of bonus units u just got extra points proportional to ur running less common units

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I think so but it's possible I just haven't been keeping enough of a look out for her :shrug:

Honestly I'm just mad there wasn't more change being be'd

AverySpecialfriend posted:

I wish instead of bonus units u just got extra points proportional to ur running less common units

Where's the screenshot of that guy with the beast Wrys

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

loving got it done, wish it didn't take me over 4 hours and 40% of my duel crests.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I hope the next new unit is a green so I can randomly pull Celicias

I'm out of them, and finally got enough feathers to give Henry a Raven tome

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Tae posted:

I've never seen a Hana unless I'm picking Beginner

I see her from time to time in the 708-720 range

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Tae posted:

I hope the next new unit is a green so I can randomly pull Celicias

I'm out of them, and finally got enough feathers to give Henry a Raven tome

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me to mention I finally finished my Cecilia!

She's been a big help to my Arena score! I still have a spare to make 5* in case the gacha gods decide to bless me with a spooky Henry.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
So far I've been really lucky regarding Flier Emblem.

5* Hinoka w/ reposition, moonbow, triangle adept 2, drag back, and hone fliers
5* Minerva w/ reposition, dragon fang, life and death 3, drag back, and fortify fliers
5* H!Nowi w/ reposition, fury 3, desperation 2, and hone fliers
4* Palla w/ moonbow and goad fliers.

My current plan is to get bladetome+ for Nowi, just need the feathers to 5* Tharja. I really wish I upgraded Shanna to 4* before Nowi ate her so I could get desperation 3 but I thought feathers were rarer than they apparently are.

Hinoka probably needs a different A skill and I don't know what to do with Palla. I have a spare 5* Athena she could devour for a Wo Dao+, maybe that and Fury? Undecided on sword breaker or just keeping Wings of Mercy to help other characters hit and run. I could also do drag back, again, I guess. She isn't as good at attacking though, so I'm not sure if I'd actually use it very often.

Any advice for what kinds of characters I should look into going forward? Any changes I should make to my skills? Elincia looked interesting until I got the 4* Palla but with h!Nowi killing everything green (and hopefully red once I get the bladetome) I'm not sure she'd be better than the support Palla offers.

My non-flier team is pretty much nonexistent. I summoned Sigurd while trying for Elincia but I don't have anyone else to support him besides bLyn and a 4* Jagen. He looks really neat though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KPC_Mammon posted:

My non-flier team is pretty much nonexistent. I summoned Sigurd while trying for Elincia but I don't have anyone else to support him besides bLyn and a 4* Jagen. He looks really neat though.

You don't really need full theme teams to have a great team. Neither BLyn or Sigurd need support to be great units (even though they do work great together).

As for the fliers, now that you have good units in every color, the fourth unit is mostly preference. SCorrin or Bunilla would be great but they are seasonal so it will be a while until you can get either of them again.

That comp could probably use a tanky flier like Subaki, Valter or Minerva with fury3 instead of Lnd.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 13, 2017

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

KPC_Mammon posted:

So far I've been really lucky regarding Flier Emblem.

5* Hinoka w/ reposition, moonbow, triangle adept 2, drag back, and hone fliers
5* Minerva w/ reposition, dragon fang, life and death 3, drag back, and fortify fliers
5* H!Nowi w/ reposition, fury 3, desperation 2, and hone fliers
4* Palla w/ moonbow and goad fliers.

My current plan is to get bladetome+ for Nowi, just need the feathers to 5* Tharja. I really wish I upgraded Shanna to 4* before Nowi ate her so I could get desperation 3 but I thought feathers were rarer than they apparently are.

Hinoka probably needs a different A skill and I don't know what to do with Palla. I have a spare 5* Athena she could devour for a Wo Dao+, maybe that and Fury? Undecided on sword breaker or just keeping Wings of Mercy to help other characters hit and run. I could also do drag back, again, I guess. She isn't as good at attacking though, so I'm not sure if I'd actually use it very often.

Any advice for what kinds of characters I should look into going forward? Any changes I should make to my skills? Elincia looked interesting until I got the 4* Palla but with h!Nowi killing everything green (and hopefully red once I get the bladetome) I'm not sure she'd be better than the support Palla offers.

Hinoka running Death Blow, Luna is better than TA Moonbow
Minerva is fine
Palla is very good with Wo Dao+, Moonbow and swordbreaker. She is tanky enough to survive the counter hit and will OHKO most red/green units with the moonbow proc.

I would actually swap out fortify fliers to another Goad Fliers since none of the four can reliable tank multiple units like a dedicated tank can. Goads will stack so you can get +8 from two goads, +6 from hone for well enough attack to kill anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

scaterry posted:

Hinoka running Death Blow, Luna is better than TA Moonbow
Minerva is fine
Palla is very good with Wo Dao+, Moonbow and swordbreaker. She is tanky enough to survive the counter hit and will OHKO most red/green units with the moonbow proc.

I would actually swap out fortify fliers to another Goad Fliers since none of the four can reliable tank multiple units like a dedicated tank can. Goads will stack so you can get +8 from two goads, +6 from hone for well enough attack to kill anything.

He really wants the fortify to get full buffs on Nowi. It's a big difference if you are going for OHKOs.