Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish, I loved FFTA1/2. I wish more people in general made SRPGs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah disgaea holds no interest for me and the other option is Fire Emblem (which I love) but those games are much more rigid when it comes to customizing your party. A new Tactics style game would be welcome.

I know there's a SMT theme srpg that seems cool, I should play that at some point

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I tried to play the original a year or two ago and it was too slow for me :/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's also the one that has Snake, Link and other heroes on a huge universe spanning adventure

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skylark posted:

In a similar vein, here's a fanfiction where Animal Collective warps to the Fire Emblem universe and a Fire Emblem character tops PAnda Bear. http://narutodude69.deviantart.com/art/Pandamonium-part-1-116578867

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Having an EXP bank would be chill

This was my fave part of FE PoR

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They just put ogre battle 64 on virtual console, we did it IMp Zone.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I may have inadvertently stumbled across a goldmine today. This series: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/langrisser/langrisser.htm seems awesome for tactics. It's like FE games but there's a concept of a General, so you have 2 - 4 named units in your army, and then each map the generals can build soldiers and equipment in the prep phase, so you're moving fronts of units around. It seems like a combo of what Total War would eventually do but constrained to the hardware limitations of the genesis. I wanna play these games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol "These characters are brought to life by the beautiful illustrations by artist Satoshi Urushihara, notable for anime such as Legend of Lemear and Plastic Little, and infamous for hentai like Ragnarok City and Front Innocent. Urushihara has a specialty for designing attractive, scantily glad girls with wistful doe eyes and impossibly pert breasts, but he doesn't stray away from creating stylish male characters with overflowing spikes of vibrantly colored hair, suited up in stylishly bulked-up armor."

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"Langrisser is one of the finest strategy RPG series out there. It has the depth that Shining Force lacks, but doesn't require the obsessive perfection that Fire Emblem demands. And unlike Final Fantasy Tactics or Nippon Ichi strategy games, the focus is more on strategic thinking than building up levels or skills. The only real problem with it - other than the fact that only the first one was ever translated into English - is that it's too epic for its own good."

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whoa. There was a reboot released last year and actually translated for the west and the only info I can find about it is one review that says it rips off fire emblem awakening but then spends 5 paragraphs saying there wasnt enough explicit gay sex and gives it a 1/10. So im curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's no way it's a worse strategy game that Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume (which I enjoyed)

• Locked thread