Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Original FFT was my favorite game of all time ever but as I'm forever being trolled by the world there won't be anything like it ever again. Good bye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Skylark posted:

What's the tea on FFTA2? Does it have any wack stuff like the "law" system in the gameboy advance one? I was thinking about it recently i kinda want to try emuolating it or something, if its good...

I liked it better than advance even if most people don't. The law system is back but its slightly less punishing (only prevents you from getting post fight bonuses and reviving team members if they are ko'd). There are two new races and a lot of new classes.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Skylark posted:

Ah... Perhaps this thread should be moved to The Great Race Space subforum methinks?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

Yasumi Matsuno, the main driving force behind tactics doesn't work at square anymore so the likely hood of a new game is pretty much nil.

I donated to the kickstarter he was working on and got scammed

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

this is gonna be the new Tactics game

https://twitter.com/SquareEnix/status/824633005842984962

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's called Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Around sixty nine minutes into the flight,

"Nice." Said Marth

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I liked the stupid poo poo you could do like dual wielding books as a sage and use magick frenzy illusion to whack everyone in the field with your books

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

I thought war of the lions was considered the bad translation

No WoTL has shakespearian purple prose while original had infamous engrish lines such as "I got a good feeling!"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also play Tactics Ogre/Ogre Battle games everyone. They are good as hell too.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Skylark posted:

Tbh I kind of feel like that stuff is a problem with the game design, and i love FFT but like.. I think its lame how you have to attack your own characters, equip junk skills to ppl just so they can get exp for taking some kind of action every turn, etc, if you wan tto 'make the most' of your time. Idk what the answer is but once you realize you can do this stuff, it creates this weird pressure on you and it feels like its contrary or at least unrelated to what the game is supposed to be about and I think ideally it wouldnt be like that. Maybe im alone here but i hope this wont be part of Kingdom Hearts Tactics.

Having an EXP bank would be chill

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

tao of lmao posted:

Agreed. By the time I was doing that stuff I was in post-game just trying to get all the classes unlocked. I think it's really weird how counter-intuitive a lot of SRPGs can get. Disgaea like someone mentioned earlier is a real big offender, where you're creating giant stacks of dudes to set up a throwing chain to get to the next floor without fighting anyone because that's the best way to level up your items. It just doesn't feel right.

I'm playing this game on steam that is a TRPG with mechanics that involve throwing people or stuff at other characters but it's not for pedophiles and has no insane grinding for turbo OCD people http://store.steampowered.com/app/540690/

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

tao of lmao posted:

That looks kinda neat. Is the main character a ware-bear?

She changes out of bear form and to every 3 turns

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

is the psp version of tactics ogre much different to the ps1 version?

Fully redone graphics and a new system where you can warp to previous decisions and take them differently

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

lol "These characters are brought to life by the beautiful illustrations by artist Satoshi Urushihara, notable for anime such as Legend of Lemear and Plastic Little, and infamous for hentai like Ragnarok City and Front Innocent. Urushihara has a specialty for designing attractive, scantily glad girls with wistful doe eyes and impossibly pert breasts, but he doesn't stray away from creating stylish male characters with overflowing spikes of vibrantly colored hair, suited up in stylishly bulked-up armor."

that dude made the art for growlanser which i played for psp and dropped for having slow as gently caress gameplay

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

if u want some hidden gems: front mission, and bahamut lagoon are good tactics games

Front Mission ftmfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

finally, theres a game called yggdra union for the gba or psp which is a strategy game. i havent played it but im thinking about it cos its by the people who made Knights in the Nightmare. not really a fan of how this one looks though

Most Dept. Heaven games are pretty good but hard as hell. Yggdra was one of the most hardcore TRPG games I played

• Locked thread