Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I love the original fft. please play the psp version if any of you play it. ive never played the original but i heard it had a bad translation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Skylark posted:

Tbh I kind of feel like that stuff is a problem with the game design, and i love FFT but like.. I think its lame how you have to attack your own characters, equip junk skills to ppl just so they can get exp for taking some kind of action every turn, etc, if you wan tto 'make the most' of your time. Idk what the answer is but once you realize you can do this stuff, it creates this weird pressure on you and it feels like its contrary or at least unrelated to what the game is supposed to be about and I think ideally it wouldnt be like that. Maybe im alone here but i hope this wont be part of Kingdom Hearts Tactics.

true .. but at the same time, its not strictly necessary. but i like games to be challenging so its ok for me if i dont play "optimally" so long as i can show my skill in other ways

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
is the psp version of tactics ogre much different to the ps1 version?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Fully redone graphics and a new system where you can warp to previous decisions and take them differently

ty, vita it is then :-]

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i beat tactics ogre psp recently (law ending), now im replaying wotl after a few years, and then its jeanne d'arc, and then im giving final fantasy tactics advance 2 a go.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I may have inadvertently stumbled across a goldmine today. This series: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/langrisser/langrisser.htm seems awesome for tactics. It's like FE games but there's a concept of a General, so you have 2 - 4 named units in your army, and then each map the generals can build soldiers and equipment in the prep phase, so you're moving fronts of units around. It seems like a combo of what Total War would eventually do but constrained to the hardware limitations of the genesis. I wanna play these games

you should play the new 3ds one

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
just kidding so you dont actually buy and play it because of that post

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

I may have inadvertently stumbled across a goldmine today. This series: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/langrisser/langrisser.htm seems awesome for tactics. It's like FE games but there's a concept of a General, so you have 2 - 4 named units in your army, and then each map the generals can build soldiers and equipment in the prep phase, so you're moving fronts of units around. It seems like a combo of what Total War would eventually do but constrained to the hardware limitations of the genesis. I wanna play these games

if u want some hidden gems: front mission, and bahamut lagoon are good tactics games

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
sakura wars is supposed to be good too but i havent played any of them

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
finally, theres a game called yggdra union for the gba or psp which is a strategy game. i havent played it but im thinking about it cos its by the people who made Knights in the Nightmare. not really a fan of how this one looks though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Front Mission ftmfw

i really wanna play 5 .. ive only played 2 but 5 is supposed to be like freaking godly

• Locked thread