Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

In FFTA, I used to have my low level units attack my main character for experience which is an insanely good strat unless you forget to unequip counter. The little reaction animation followed by Marche exacting revenge on the poor level 1 character is my most vivid memory of that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Skylark posted:

Tbh I kind of feel like that stuff is a problem with the game design, and i love FFT but like.. I think its lame how you have to attack your own characters, equip junk skills to ppl just so they can get exp for taking some kind of action every turn, etc, if you wan tto 'make the most' of your time. Idk what the answer is but once you realize you can do this stuff, it creates this weird pressure on you and it feels like its contrary or at least unrelated to what the game is supposed to be about and I think ideally it wouldnt be like that. Maybe im alone here but i hope this wont be part of Kingdom Hearts Tactics.

Agreed. By the time I was doing that stuff I was in post-game just trying to get all the classes unlocked. I think it's really weird how counter-intuitive a lot of SRPGs can get. Disgaea like someone mentioned earlier is a real big offender, where you're creating giant stacks of dudes to set up a throwing chain to get to the next floor without fighting anyone because that's the best way to level up your items. It just doesn't feel right.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Is Divinity: Original Sin a SRPG or a CRPG?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Plutonis posted:

I'm playing this game on steam that is a TRPG with mechanics that involve throwing people or stuff at other characters but it's not for pedophiles and has no insane grinding for turbo OCD people http://store.steampowered.com/app/540690/

That looks kinda neat. Is the main character a ware-bear?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Zas posted:

has anyone played ogre battle 64

I've. It's very good even though I got the bad ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Having some fun with Fire Emblem Heores. It's a pretty light casual SRPG with gacha elements, but it's not as aids-filled as similar free to play mobile games. Nintendo moving into the mobile market is a good thing.

• Locked thread