Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Go to Quora's military filter and post helpful answers so our civilian friends can meet us halfway across that darned civil-military cultural divide!

https://www.quora.com/topic/Military

Copy these questions, or dig up your own, or find some useful quora answers and re-write the questions.

quote:

Do soldiers count how many bullets they have left?

Great question! The answer is very complicated. You see, "soldier" is not technically the correct term here. All sorts of branches of service have bullets which they carry into war. Soldiers are the members of the Army who carry the bullets. As for the Marines, their members are called the Marines. The Navy has -- you guessed it! -- sailors. And of course the beloved Air Force carry bullets too, just ask their Airmen. Now the coast guard, they might on very rare occasions carry bullets because there's a very rapey dolphin, or Pablo Escobar's ghost is boarding their boat or something, but I'm not sure what they call their brave men and women at arms. I hope that answers your question!

quote:

What is it like to meet somebody you actually fought against in a war?

We have an interpreter who we discovered was spying on us and getting our platoons ambushed by the Taliban. So, we went out on patrol one day and reported that we were receiving sniper fire, then we killed him! So I guess the answer to your question is, it's not so bad.

quote:

What are the most mind-blowing tricks used during any war?

See above!

quote:

What is the most terrible experience you had to face during your time in the military?

I consider myself to still be in the military, because I am a true patriot and I am ready to defend my country and protect the constitution of the United States at any moment. Even though I don't wear camouflage, this remains the case. The recent school shootings incurred very high price climbs in ammo and parts for my readiness protection matrix which was economically and motivationally devastating. Severe decrease in hooah levels!

quote:

How can you train yourself to go to sleep quickly like they do in the military?

Just don't be a bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Some exciting questions to inspire you:

What do soldiers keep in all those pockets they have?

Can a special forces soldier request a weapon for combat?

How does being in the U.S. Marines compare to being in the U.S. Army?

Why are tanks still in use if attack helicopters are more useful?

Do male soldiers find it hard to kill enemy female soldiers?

Would dragons be effective weapons against modern military forces?

What caliber of tragedy would have to take place for gun advocates to change their mind about gun control?

What are some of the war secrets/experiences that soldiers don't want to talk about after getting back from a war?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

quote:

What are the most mind-blowing tricks used during any war?

Turning cities into fire and dust was pretty impressive.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

quote:

Do male soldiers find it hard to kill enemy female soldiers?

Yes this can sometimes be a problem as they are usually a smaller target.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

ded posted:

Yes this can sometimes be a problem as they are usually a smaller target.

just don't lead them as much

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Zeris posted:

Can a special forces soldier request a weapon for combat?

Yes they CAN, but they don't have to. The military gives you a weapon before you're sent into combat.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

The dick flaps on our body armor were just there to hide our massive erections.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You're behind an oblivious armed robber, how would you take him down in one hit?

I'd sneak up behind him, pull his pants down and push him over, then call him a fag. Works every time!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

i'm the nurse that works out more in one day than a dude preparing for Best Ranger

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Zeris posted:

snacks because im a fat gently caress and my Obama phone cuz im a welfare queen.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
personally i jam my cargo pockets full of bags of dicks

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mike-o posted:

personally i jam my cargo pockets full of bags of dicks

And rip its.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Who holds the dick of the guy at the tail end of the elephant walk. Seems hosed up to make him do the work without any of the fun tbh

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Are there women in the military?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
How does being in the U.S. Marines compare to being in the U.S. Army?

Have you ever had that dream where you are running away from someone or something? You aren't really sure why, but whatever it is that's chasing you is trying to kill you and you have to get away. You try and run but it's almost as if your legs won't work. Horror movie mechanics come into play where no matter what you do to try and get away faster, the evil behind you is able to keep up, even though it never goes any faster than a casual walking pace. That is what it's like to be in the U.S. Army. All you want to do is get out alive and no matter what actions you take to make it go faster, the army is always right there behind you, threatening to drag you down and kill you.

The Marines are the same way, except in the dream version all the corners are rounded off and covered with pool noodles, forks are corked, and everyone wears pampers in case of "accidents".

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

:perfect:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Zeris posted:

Right butt: aafes shower wallet
Left butt: copenhagen fine cut
Left hip: phone
Right hip: keys
Left knee: green 8" dildo
Right knee: premixed pack of lube and chili powder

Left breast: stupid book of RoE and division regs (bluebook)
Right breast: lighter/cigarettes
Left abdominal: pen
Right abdominal: crushed, condensed hopes and dreams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harsh But True
Oct 13, 2016

Zeris posted:

Would dragons be effective weapons against modern military forces?

No, they're too slow and not stealthy. Although their weight is probably comparable to the F-35, they can also burn their landing strips, and their VTOL is almost undoubtedly better, they don't have many of the capabilities that make the F-35 so effective like... well, actually now that I think about it...

Upon further consideration dragons might make a good Lightening III.

• Locked thread