Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i love the mm dungeons, they're better than anything i can think of in oot or ww or tp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

its really good.l i feel pandered to in a good way except for ahving to listen to teh fail english voice actors

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

and actually theyre totally fine so far. i just liked doing that in ffxv

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

bad frames are a 3d zelda tradition anywyay, who cares

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Hateno Village is so dense. Every corner has so many things going on.

i know right. im overwhelmed

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the most impressive thing to me is how not empty the game is. well, there are empty parts too but they feel well thought out and like relaxing, but mostly everywhere has just as much going on as any non open world game

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i can see why they hosed up the gamepad stuff on the wii u, cause playing w/HUD off and like map/items on the gamepad would be so obviously better than the switch lol oh well

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

tumor looking batty posted:

going into this mostly blind and it owns except for the stupid british voices

yah if they patched in jpn voices and ungimped the gamepad it would be the goat oh well

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

climbing is super slow but like fun and methodical and also kinda relaxing in that WW sailing way. but im still putting everything into stamina cause fast climb ftw

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

sector_corrector posted:

i was thinking as i was playing yesterday, that it's cool how the game is like a fantasy version of a post apocalyptic setting

yeah its like a real development of what they were hinting at in the 2nd part of OoT. all the random ruins and poo poo are so cool

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

you're short. your hair is the wrong color. and i can't even see your abs.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

sector_corrector posted:

i'd like to see a post-mortem on the game that explains their design process for those areas, because everything feels immaculately layered.

yeah i'm constantly thinking 'how did they do that?? that shouldnt be possible' with this game

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

HolePisser1982 posted:

aonuma, you son of a bitch

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

thats adorable

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i cant believe i bought an amiibo. nintendo you mutherfuckers

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

in a way im glad i cant just plow through this in like a straight session and do it in a week and risk burning out.

thats what i say to myself but its not true, i want to play zelda now and and do nothing else.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

and climb every mountain

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i've met goron man and bird man and i still dont like the voice acting. glad there's so little of it

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the animation is consistently amazing though. like wow

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

sector_corrector posted:

i'm starting to wish there were a few more enemy types, although there are a number of zelda classics i haven't run into yet, so i feel like i just haven't found them yet

yeah i agree and imagine it comes from the amount of detail in the animation and maybe also having to place and balance them in the open world and be able to suit a bunch of different situations.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

everyone should play wwhd hero mode btw. the harder hitting enemies + lack of healing items are a great balance change and force you to engage w/the good combat mechanics

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i dunno, the enemies dont hit hard enough for me in normal. i havent played it that way since the gcn one tho

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

it seems like a lot of the cool clothes and stuff you get are from shrines which is fine but itd be more satisfying to get it from a quest, and like maybe the random rear end npc you get it from has some reason why they have it. actually i guess that does happen once or twice but anyway more quests for clothes imo

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the whole game is like the biggest zelda dungeon ever exploded and scattered itself throughout the overworld, which is great. but more variety would be even better

i mean stuff like the aesthetics of the shrines and beasts, which i understand why they had to do it that way but its one thing i miss from old zeldas

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

and then one more complaint/apologetic, the enemy variety... i was already thinking maybe it was limited by the detail in the animation but the different types all have really specific and interesting AI patterns that fit the character of the enemy and can be placed just about anywhere and thats probably really hard and time consuming to do. i dunno i don tknow poo poo about development

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

The Milkman posted:

the bird dungeon puzzles + boss were wa y too easy

ok last apologetic for real, im kind of glad of this because for subsequent playthroughs the bird gaze is like the only power i want and im glad ill be able to just rush and get it

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

eventide was its own reward

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

eventide was like the most fun i had in the game

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

*so far

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

its rad that that they made an open game of any kind that's not all about sick loot but especially a fantasy one cause that seems hard to do

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Between Breath of the Wild, Yakuza 0, Nioh, Nier Automata, and with Persona 5, Ni No Kuni 2 and Dragon Quest XI on the way, this really feels like the year Japan stopped playing around and just decided to kill western developers already

this + ffxv

actually i guess that wa slast year but i played it this year

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 20, 2017

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i dont use stasis+ unless i have to for the puzzle

some of the random side quest writing is so charming, its like reminiscent of pm2 and other high points. maybe thats the translators i dont know

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

mysterious loyall X posted:

the zora princess was the worst voice actor ive ever heard. sidon was cool tho. zelda sounds kind of annoying and breathy and she's reading her lines like the way claire daines did in the incredible gay yes i love it romeo and juliet adaptation baz lerhman movie where shes sort of hovering between a whisper and crying all the time. that sadi princess zlelda is beautiful and i love her i am constantly crying skyward sword zelda and/or botw szelda will never be my gf irl . oh yeah and theh SLUtTY princess zelda in the secret best 2d zelda game zelda 2 where she kisses you and starts having sex the second she wakes up

:same:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the pro hud is rad. i wish the wii u gamepad had the map tho. and inventory stuff. oh well :capitalism:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

there's 2 cooking pots but you have to light them yourself but there's a torch next to it (but you should have lots of fire arrows anyway)

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

bows are so rad in this game

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i'm procrastinating about ganon and so im just running along the roads w/a horse cause i mostly skipped the roads and just climbed everywhere, and dang i missed a lot of stuff

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i dont want the game to end :(

but i guess its ok, persona 5 is like, as good as out

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i did the shrine in the cold area of the plateau by holding a torch cause i hadnt figured out cooking yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the thing that traces your path is kinda cool, and apparently its retroactive??

• Locked thread