Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Hat Thoughts posted:

I looked through some of those other translated interviews and this part ftw

ahhahahhaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i said excuse me princess

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

at the date posted:

you would be better off not buying the worst zelda game ever made but here we are, doomed eternally to tread parallel paths of flame, we blind wretches who would rather scorch our soles than quit our self-foredestined course

shut the gently caress up

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

mgsv was really good training for this game

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

The Milkman posted:

you can also get it by climbing mt hylia near the one shrine

he also leaves it for you in his cabin once you've done the four shrines and he's revealed himself. there's a really nice new diary entry there, too

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm out of the state for a week and it would have been worth it to buy a switch just so i could keep playing this while away from home. and i've only just left great plateau

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

im enjoying the scenic vistas of the bay area yet can't help but miss hyrule while im away from the wii u. i timed this trip poorly

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

GameCube posted:

just checked my "ability controls" page and there's still one missing... wtf

oh maybe it's just the last divine beast power?? but i don't think the other powers showed up on that page

it's jump slash and you have to learn it from a guy in kakariko village for it to show up on the page

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the guy practicing sword moves at night gives you the entry for jump slash despite your having almost assuredly done a million jump slashes by then

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

P-Mack posted:

FYI, if you carry a torch you can smoke out bees and retrieve honey without being stung

bombs work for this too

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

GameCube posted:

i've spent the last four fuckin days looking for that fairy fountain. visiting every goddamn puddle on the map. finally i decided to complete all the side quests and shrine quests thinking maybe one of them would las me to it and while looking for the royal recipe i accidentally beat ganon

which ones have you found. also lmao

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

GameCube posted:

kakariko, one somewhere over by rito village, and now the one by tarrey town, which i found fifteen minutes after beating ganon

of COURSE there's another one ugggggh. at least i got my climbing pants

before you answered i said to myself "i bet its that one" and lo and behold

MajorMarcus posted:

lol, there's your problem

Bill Barber posted:

You obviously haven't been to every corner of the map...

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

GameCube posted:

aaaaagh gently caress i KNEW it

aahhahahahaha

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

extremebuff posted:

a shooter where every gun breaks after 10-20 shots sounds horrible but its actually mad fun if you're constantly picking up new guns to try out and theyre all serviceable or have unique traits.

plus breaking weapons on a monster's head is a goomba stomp

throwing a nearly broken weapon and seeing it explode and kill an enemy is one of my favorite goomba stomps in this game

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

re-bought this for switch on friday and thought i'd dick around for a bit, see how it runs compared to wii u

played for 10 hours

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

do we think this is the best nintendo launch title (maybe all-time launch title) since sm64? because i do

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

scary ghost dog posted:

what other good ones are there lol. nintendo is a second year company for sure

i looked up launch games for other consoles after making that post and can comfortably say it applies to all non-nintendo consoles, as well

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

those are real good games but sm64 and botw are better imo

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

HolePisser1982 posted:

Halo 1 and SSX 1 imho

agree with these being real good launch games. i liked sonic adventure back in the day, as well. i guess for me it's just weird for developers not to spend time working on a slam dunk title that gets people excited about the system but it seems most companies are content with putting out a bunch of subpar games and expecting people to buy the new thing. it's not like that strategy hasn't worked lol

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i lucked into that one by just doing all the sidequests in town for completion's sake

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

dlc pack 1 is supposed to drop midnight est

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

gonna have to get used to not having the paraglider

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i imagine it'll get easier once my equipment and stats are better but jesus is master mode hard

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

there's a fuckin silver lynel in the great plateau. lmao

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

guardian firing patterns change on master mode too. instead of firing right after the flash if you try to predict the shot they'll delay and own you

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

im playing through again anyway because my first run was on wii u, so master mode is a perfect way to liven things up

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the start of the game is a bit of a drag but once you start getting weapons from platforms and black enemies the difficulty levels off. stone talus took about as long to beat as a regular playthrough and i killed a black hinox right outside the plateau with the gear i got from there with no problems

it's a lot of fun, i'd say go for it whenever you want to experience the game afresh

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

you also have to go into fights prepared and remember enemy weaknesses. the enemy camp where hestu's maracas are kept had three black bokoblins which is still suicide with my starting armor + climber's bandanna. instead of fighting them head on i lured them next to the cliff and launched all three with a bomb. one drowned but two landed on a lower platform so i had to drop down and thwack them into the water from there. it was great and those kinds of fights stopped happening halfway through a regular playthrough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

thanks to the floating platform with the duplex bow and grabbing the yiga clan guy's weapon real fast at the end of the stolen heirloom quest i am way way farther along in the weapon connoisseur quest than i should be at this stage

• Locked thread