Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

tumor looking batty posted:

Is Skyward Sword the worst Zelda game?
Spirit Tracks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Nintendo should watch out... Sony is preparing some pretty stiff competition this season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUpPYvELLB8
:catstonk:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

I wish that you would step back from that ledge my friend

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

oliwan posted:

Can you gently caress zelda
Could you not?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

at the date posted:

game is really ugly
Nice to meet you game.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

doughvakiin posted:

what do you guys think my chances are for being able to pre order a switch + zelda at this point. i need it launch day or i'll stomp around in my diapey and throw a drat fit
Just show up early at Target or Walmart or whatever on the 3rd. That's what I'm doing anyway.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I've been avoiding all information whatsoever but same.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Ahhh any quote of a post with a # that ends in 420 gets the magic cake added.
Ahhh

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

mysterious loyall X posted:

Has there been ANY info about who the drat wii u version runs
Link

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Larry....

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

elf help book posted:

with the builtin storage space and the desire to be portable this seems like a bad idea, you arent gonna bring a hard drive in bed with you
You can get a 256gb sd card for like $5. That's like 60 games.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

IdealFlaws posted:

Wait so framerate chugs while switch in in docked mode? Isn't that supposed to be the more powerful mode of the two? This is bad news!!!!!
It's more powerful but the game is downscaled while the game is in mobile mode so it technically runs better then.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
http://toucharcade.com/2016/12/19/nintendo-switch-will-run-in-lower-performance-mode-when-undocked/

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-new-performance-mode-boosts-handheld-switch-clocks-by-25-per-cent

GPU and memory are able to run at higher speeds when docked.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

doughvakiin posted:

i'm trying really hard not to watch the spoiler streams and stuff but all of a sudden i'm losing my poo poo I WANTO PLAY THE GAME!!!!
48 hours my man. We're almost there.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Caithness posted:

A Six String Samurai Zelda sounds like it would be fantastic. I wish they had taken it in that direction.
Your gay

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Just did a recon run at Walmart and there was no visible line anywhere inside or outside the store, which is making me nervous.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/Dominos_UK/status/837471352915288064

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Fungah! posted:

its easy because its at the top

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
This. Is. So. Good. omg

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Wish this had 30 second video recording or something with the share button. Hit a crazy headshot on a chief moblin from like 500 feet away.

I don't even care about progressing in just running around the starting area exploring and collecting poo poo. So much fun.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Just randomly encountering the boss on the plateau and having him 1-shot you immediately. Lmao this game rules.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
After exploring the plateau for about 12 hours, decided to finally drop down...

Not long after spotted this huge creepy looking dude from afar...

I arrowed one of the storks, and the Moblin immediately went to go feast on the free food, at which point I unloaded 5 arrows into him as he stuffed his face. Incredible.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Still disappointing, but I mean... I figure they HAVE to address it, right? What's Nintendo's general reputation on things like this?

I mean: You release a BRAND new console, and you hinge the entirety of its being on this Portable/Home Console duality. Your first flagship launch game is stellar, except it cannot handle well the very thing the console excels at.

You GOTTA do something about that, right? Or people will start thinking; " Oh hey, this mobile handheld thing that connects to a TV kinda sucks when connected to a TV."

I mean... right?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Still thinking about how good this game is. My new favorite thing is to headshot the stronger enemies with an arrow so they get knocked out for a second, and then run up and steal their weapon they just dropped and brutally own them with it.

Also, it's cool that the little leaf/seed dudes are actually useful rewards you meet a guy that can expand your inventory storage with them instead of just being random collect-a-thon 100% style items. I had been taking my time and going out of my way to solve some of the puzzles and I was later handsomely rewarded for it.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Cannonballoon posted:

I stopped playing Skyward Sword after a few hours from boredom but this game has my complete and undivided attention so far.
It never stops. Say goodbye to your life.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Fungah! posted:

this games so fuckin good lol, ij us want to go everywhere nd do everything

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

sector_corrector posted:

goddamn this game is good. the feeling when you first jump out to the main world is unparalleled.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Pro tip if you're playing early on and annoyed by the fact that there's no quick way to drop a lovely weapon in order to pick up a good one (I had been slowly navigating into the menu and selecting drop) just throw the lovely weapon away (R) instead.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

My one and only gripe about this game is that there doesn't seem to be any list or menu for recipehs.
Link... Open your eyes...

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Just found the survivor style tropical island that you have to complete without dying. This loving game.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I'm sure it will come in handy later but right now I feel guilty using the teleport system at all. I enjoy walking to my next location of interest and getting distracted exploring for 5 hours and forgetting where I was even going in the first place.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I still haven't found a single dungeon or progressed the story at all. I'm just running around exploring and getting my rear end handed to me by dudes who are way stronger and I'm loving every second of it.

I need to find whatever forest the seed dude said he lives in so I can go cash in my 40some odd seeds I've collected.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I should probably stop checking this thread since I'm moving at a snail's pace story wise compared to everyone else, but tonight I ended up on the beach after doing a shrine so I decided to just walk along the coast and fully explore the beaches while making my way around. I've been at it for about 3 hours now and have only made it about 1/20th of the way around the map.

It's overwhelming but also incredibly awesome at the same time.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

GameCube posted:

getting serious gamer feels over miyamoto-san's vision finally being achieved
Yeah I've heard dozens of time about how the original Zelda is built on the idea of Shiggy exploring the countryside as a young boy and it's impossible to play BotW and stand in the middle of a grassy field with the wind blowing through and rustling leaves and not be moved to tears at the realization that his dream was finally actualized.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Tagg

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Cooking is awesome in concept but I haven't fully figured it out yet. You can cook the exact same thing twice in a row and get two different elixir durations, which seems wrong to me.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
So, at the top of Satori Mountain theres a little spring that sometimes glows green and if you go up there the little rupee rabbits are huddled around and there's also a big deer looking thing. Am I supposed to just kill everything and get some money? Can you mount the big thing? The last time it was glowing I didn't know what was up there and I had 0 arrows so I just ran in and scared everyone off. if there's some definitive purpose of this place I'd like to know and not gently caress it up and have to wait for it to activate again.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

GameCube posted:

i'm afraid to look at my playtime
How do you even check on a Switch? My user profile still just says "First played 9 days ago"

Also just ran into Hudson building his own little town and it might just be the cutest thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

sector_corrector posted:

anyone done the thundra plateau shrine?

i left to do some other stuff because i was getting frustrated, and 2 out of the 4 orbs disappeared.
They reset back to their original positions if you don't get them into the hole.

• Locked thread