Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

sector_corrector posted:

huh... the ones that disappeared were in their holes (GET IN YOUR HOME, i say in the happy gilmore voice)...

i'm going to go do other poo poo and come back to it later
If they're actually in their holes it should be lit up a little bit maybe. Otherwise perhaps you thought you got it in the hole but actually it was just stuck on the edge of the hole. That's happened to me before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I've been playing for about 6 hours today and I still haven't ventured into the first dungeon. Almost got the whole map filled out though.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I've been playing since release day and still haven't been to any dungeons or any non-human towns, it's insane. I think I'm going to play this game forever
Last night I finally ventured into Zora's Domain and it's really awesome in there. It's crazy how they're able to make it feel like an entirely different world when in reality it's just this tiny little area on the middle of the map.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/artistmaterial/status/841067730077851648

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Cool thing I just discovered that other people probably found out ages ago but if you're venturing somewhere cold and don't wanna sacrifice armor for cold resistance or don't have any food to eat, just strap a fire sword or fire rod to your back and it'll warm you up just the same.

I mean, it makes perfect sense, but it's kinda crazy that it's an actual strategy that works.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the hammer you get from the monster shop might seem meh, but it's actually great for killing skeletons at night, since it has (as far as I can tell) infinite durability and the bone guys still only take 1 hit to kill
I was assuming/hoping it would have infinite durability, but was worried since it was still a relatively low cost. Either way, it seems like it could turn out to be an incredibly useful/fun weapon to use.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
The one where you gotta follow the Korok I failed like 3 times (one because a loving wolf just showed up out of nowhere) and then when I finally completed it I walked completely around to the other side before entering the shrine because I didn't want to startle the little dude. So I completed the shrine, went back to the start, and was informed that I hadn't actually completed the mission yet, so I had to do it again even though the shrine was already beaten.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
One thing I'm realizing that kind of sucks is that there's really no cool reward system outside of the main main quest stuff. There's a ton of really interesting and involved side quests that are more than just "show me a picture of this item" and inevitably the reward for them is always just a single shrine, which kind of sucks. In past Zelda games those kinds of quests would offer the promise of some sort of unique item that would help you in different ways along your quest, but that doesn't happen any more in the open world.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Agreed, it's the one semi big flaw I can think of, but I did eventide and lanyaru today and it's pretty ridiculous that such amazing quests end with you just getting a spirit orb farted at u like some minor test of strength lol
ya that's my main beef really

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

mysterious loyall X posted:

figureing out the shrine quests in the environment are cool and you get crap from in the shrines. holy poo poo, you goddamn ingrates
yah you're right I get a rusty halberd seems worth it

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
who needs a unique item or a piece of cool armor when you can just get a single weapon that's 3 levels below what you're currently using.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

sector_corrector posted:

i sort of want to start a new file, but apparently you can't have two at the same time, and i'd rather not lose all my progress.
Make a new user account.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

GameCube posted:

this game is destroying my life. i can't decide if i should force myself to take a break or just power through to the end so i can get it out of my loving brain
I've been taking ample breaks because I love it so loving much and never want it to end.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

rediscover posted:

i did the minimum amount of sneaking til i got the chests guarded by spikes that i barely squeezed thru via glider, the big Stash, and got up onto the rafters. i used One banana to distract the last guard and spend 20 minute in the room he was guarding not knowing what to do cause im retarded and didn't think about my Powers so i went back out and got murked. this happened twice before i saw the chests buried in the back room and consequently the Secret passage

furthermore, i love this game and am realizing i could type 1 million word post on it and still not be done gushing. My life for Shiggy
Just FYI the tiny little window surrounded by spikes is actually the exit from the chests and it supposed to keep you out. If you shot a flame arrow at one of the giant cloth banners in the main room a secret passage will open and you can get to the 600 rupees more easily

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

mysterious loyall X posted:

the gerudo champ and the gerudo chief weren't bad but it was really irritating 2 me that the champion in the flashbacks is like form new jersey but then the chief is like mildly posh british WHAT is going on here i have autism
Lmfao

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

farsel posted:

zelda 2 is bullshit!
fartsmell

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Does anyone know what makes the white bokoblin appear? I've been taking my time really playing casually and fully exploring the map and have only recently started doing actual main quest milestones. I just completed my 3rd dungeon and also unlocked the 4th fairy fountain and now all of a sudden this dude is popping up all over the place. Pretty sure I killed like 7 of them in the span of about 10 minutes outside Hateno after having never seen one for the first 80 hours of gameplay.

Either way it's definitely a cool technique to keep things fresh in the world even as you continue to progress.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

This game has a cool MGSV style feel where discovering and using different items can completely change your play style and the way you approach situations.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
The first one I encountered was on the midwest side where he's just chilling on a giant plateau and I cheesed it by unloading like 30 bomb arrows into him while strafing his electric arrows from a faraway hill. It was still an epic feeling because I had no idea what it was or what was happening.

Actually the first one I ever actually encountered was when I stumbled into the colosseum early on but immediately decided to run away and never return when I got my rear end whupped.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Oh my god...

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

is there no cooking pot in gerudo town??
There's 2 on the main level on the left side by the throne room. You gotta light them yourself but there should be a torch right there.

e;fb

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Anyone know specifically where the dude who buys gourmet meat for 100 rupees is at? I'm almost positive it was a stable somewhere but I haven't been able to find him again. I went for a hunt/exploration trek through the northern snowy area and have like 80 to sell him. If you've got plenty of arrows and are good at hitting headshots, that's a pretty fun/good way to earn money. You just gotta make sure you sprint to pick them up once they drop because if they turn into icy meat they'll be classified as food and you won't be able to thaw and sell them.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

he's at the stable next to the coliseum, on the left side of hyrule field

he also only buys 3 a day I think, sadly
Well gently caress. Hunting was fun at least.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Final dumb question for the day: can you brute force a blood moon by simply creating a fire and sleeping until night over and over again? I'm kind of guessing no since I've been doing it about 10-15 times and it hasn't happened yet.

I'm trying to unlock the shrine that requires a blood moon since I'm already there, but I guess I should just continue playing regularly and just book it to the location the next time I notice one. On a related note, if you stand around without any clothes on, one of Link's idle animations is flexing and checking himself out. Also, as surprising amount of NPCs has custom dialogue for if Link is naked when talking to them, which is insane to me.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

rediscover posted:

also whats the best/fast way to get a gently caress ton of arrows. even now, as Ganon Slayer and unofficiall Prince of Hyrule, i'm always running out and you can only buy like 15 at a time -.- who's idea wss that. anyways tips appreciated
Beedle appears at all the stables so you can get 30ish a day from him. Early on I was really struggling to get arrows and it was kind of annoying because I enjoy using the bow but about midway through I was exploring an area with a bunch of archer enemies and if you kill them quickly enough they'll drop 5 arrow bundles. I've been hovering around 150+ regular arrows for a while now and it's nice to not have to ration them constantly.

If you're really hard up you could cheese it and go out at night and wait for some skeletons to pop up and easily dodge their shots and steal that ammo. That's kind of slow and boring though.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

jisforjosh posted:

Is that 999 arrows in about 45 minutes still a thing? I did it last week

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

extremebuff posted:

i completely missed the town building stuff and it's, forgive me, Wild to think about how many other significant side quests i missed. im replaying this on the switch for sure, some months down the road..
That's exactly why I've been taking my time and exploring every single nook and cranny over and over again for 200 hours because I know as soon as I defeat Ganon and "beat" the game I won't be able to mentally force myself to keep exploring.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I'm watching on mobile. As soon as he opened up the inventory and showed the 100 stamina elixirs I immediately tapped on the video to see how long it was LMFAO

e; omg he goes all the way to eventide lmfaoo

Bill Barber fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 29, 2017

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

elf help book posted:

Did everything there is to do on this game. Click here for my overwatch stream
Lmfao

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Dude I already sunk like 30 hours into this game over the course of a weekend. I needed to move on to some other things. *boots up o dubs*

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I do wish the inventory had sort buttons

Y? Or do you mean something more specific?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Had another "whoa, that actually worked" moment last night that people will probably make fun of me for taking so long to figure out, but you can shoot rushrooms and swift violets off the sides of mountains to make collecting them much easier.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I had been avoiding the castle but I made the trek a few days ago to get the last of the memories and I enjoyed what little I saw of it. I'm only afraid that I got the gist of it while I was there and there won't really be much new or exciting to see when I go back.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I
Just realized that the little singing birds who help you with that one shrine are Kass' kids.

Bill Barber fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 5, 2017

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Why? Lol

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Harrow posted:

It's possible he figured it out on his own and didn't know it's a reveal at the end of a quest chain
This, lol oops.

He was just chilling at the stable outside of Rito Village and said something about having to leave his wife and kids behind and I just assumed.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I found the hat and the pants VERY early on but now 150 hours in and I never found the shirt. It's okay though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

GameCube posted:

how the h*ck do i find the last fairy fountain??(s????) i don't wanna just look it up but are there like hints somewhere in the game? i know there was a side quest for at least one of the fairy fountains i already found
explore more you lil bitch

• Locked thread