Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Why in the world do people keep trying to give Jason Todd alternate identities where it's staggeringly obvious it's Jason Todd? First the Arkham Knight and now this?

Arkham Knight owned because even though the identity was blindingly obvious to everyone, Rocksteady thought otherwise and went to great lengths to hide this "secret." So much that they skipped QA tests on the PC which lead to one of the biggest shitfests in Steam history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanZX
May 5, 2015

I left the game before Sub Zero joined the roster despite owning the Ultimate Edition. I'm trying to get back in the game but good god there's a lot of characters to level up and get gear to make them pretty little fighters. Any recommendation or new method to level up faster and get cool gear?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah gently caress Bane and his loving armoured moves in story mode on hard :mad:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DanZX posted:

I left the game before Sub Zero joined the roster despite owning the Ultimate Edition. I'm trying to get back in the game but good god there's a lot of characters to level up and get gear to make them pretty little fighters. Any recommendation or new method to level up faster and get cool gear?

make an AI fighter and take them through Multiverses while you work out or something, that's what I usually do for characters I don't really like playing as. You'll get more than enough gear through that but if you want to specifically get the better gear, just scope out which Multiverses give out better rewards. You can also use the Multiverse tracker on the Injustice 2 Reddit, which gives some info on upcoming events.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

make an AI fighter and take them through Multiverses while you work out or something, that's what I usually do for characters I don't really like playing as. You'll get more than enough gear through that but if you want to specifically get the better gear, just scope out which Multiverses give out better rewards. You can also use the Multiverse tracker on the Injustice 2 Reddit, which gives some info on upcoming events.

The only character it's been painful to AI-level for me so far was Atrocitus, because his combos are just... Not good. Really low damage and the AI can't string much together for him, leaving him wide open to lose half his health every fight and take twice as long to finish someone as everybody else, therefore take about 2-3 times as long to level as someone who is actually good on 30 Combo/30 Counters (almost everyone else).

DanZX
May 5, 2015

DLC Inc posted:

Thanks, I was planning on working out more in the house so it's a good thing I can use the time to level some characters. Really need to get me a controller with turbo button or something like that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

dont even fink about it posted:

The only character it's been painful to AI-level for me so far was Atrocitus, because his combos are just... Not good. Really low damage and the AI can't string much together for him, leaving him wide open to lose half his health every fight and take twice as long to finish someone as everybody else, therefore take about 2-3 times as long to level as someone who is actually good on 30 Combo/30 Counters (almost everyone else).

I don't think my Atrocitus is on 30/30 like that, I'll have to check at home but the poo poo the AI Atrocitus does with the blood puddle (bluddle) is nuts, I never had problems with him doing cool poo poo. The worst AI imo is for Joker, who just can't stop doing the meter burn for gas canisters at close range even when the opponent is a yard away. AI Joker just behaves like a frantic worthless rear end in a top hat.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

DanZX posted:

The fastest way I've found to level a character is to go to the Battle Simulator and pick anything other than Endless Battle and set the difficulty to Very Easy since you get the same XP regardless of difficulty. The fastest way to get gear, credits, and regen tokens is to beat a boss over and over. They usually only give silver crates after the first time but you'll occasionally get a gold and the credits can help you buy into the events that cost 150-200k and give out Plat and Diamonds. Also, the hard events that require a specific character will give several level 20 Epics but you want to make sure your character is close to 20 by the end of it and has some decent gear going in.

DanZX
May 5, 2015

Regrettable posted:

The fastest way I've found to level a character is to go to the Battle Simulator and pick anything other than Endless Battle and set the difficulty to Very Easy since you get the same XP regardless of difficulty. The fastest way to get gear, credits, and regen tokens is to beat a boss over and over. They usually only give silver crates after the first time but you'll occasionally get a gold and the credits can help you buy into the events that cost 150-200k and give out Plat and Diamonds. Also, the hard events that require a specific character will give several level 20 Epics but you want to make sure your character is close to 20 by the end of it and has some decent gear going in.

Thanks, I'll keep beating on bosses then, I though they only gave literally one reward and that was it.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

It depends on the Multiverse. Some you can only beat once and some you can beat as many times as you want.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

I don't think my Atrocitus is on 30/30 like that, I'll have to check at home but the poo poo the AI Atrocitus does with the blood puddle (bluddle) is nuts, I never had problems with him doing cool poo poo. The worst AI imo is for Joker, who just can't stop doing the meter burn for gas canisters at close range even when the opponent is a yard away. AI Joker just behaves like a frantic worthless rear end in a top hat.

Yeah Joker AI is not fantastic either.

I'm on a mission to get them all to 20 but I really can't be arsed to play every character myself, I pretty much burnt out trying to do that on the first four I played. My current plan is to spend the millions of dosh on gold boxes when everyone is 20.

I did Blue Beetle first, loving months ago, and he still does not have a yellow helmet to put on, which is driving me nuts. By the time I finished Atrocitus I had literally 12 yellows for every slot.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

I don't like it when a Ninja Turtle throws a whole pizza at the screen after eating only a single slice. To me that is more heinous than any of Brainiac, Darkseid, or the Joker's crimes.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Worst AI is Black Manta because he won't stop jetpacking for no good goddamn reason

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

hup posted:

Worst AI is Black Manta because he won't stop jetpacking for no good goddamn reason

if you had a jetpack would you not do the exact same thing? Someone seems a little jealous

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I KNOW OKAY SHUT UP

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

SnipeShow posted:

Are any of the PS4 guilds still active? My Goon Squad application timed out and now I'm waiting to hear back from Lantern Corps.

If you still need a spot I'm around a bit more now, try again to Goon Squad.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Is there anyone else left on Xbox or am I the only one :(

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I'd be playing* like 19 hours a day if it didn't crash my computer about every 5th fight. :sigh:

*running the AI rampant through the Multiverse

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Is your GPU overclocked? I was having tons of crashes until I set mine to the default. Now I only have one every 3 hours.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
I’ve finally unlocked the World’s Greatest chest piece for Batman after grinding it out daily forever now and opening a bazillion motherboxes.

I had to celebrate! Only 3 days after my birthday. Very solid!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/968848265360826368?s=19

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

New gear, baby!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/injustice-2-legendary-edition-coming-to-ps4-xbox-o/1100-6457059/

quote:

With the launch of the Legendary Edition there will also be a number of enhancements to Injustice 2, including the introduction of an expanded tutorial called the "Learn Hub," new gear for all characters, a raised level cap of 30, and a new augment slot that unlocks at level 30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCy9A-nfj24&t=26s

I don't even have all the characters to 20 yet.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 28, 2018

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Expanding the level cap to 30 is extremely hosed up imo :negative:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Nooo! I just spent a week getting like 15 people up to level 20.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I am very close to having everyone to 20. Most of that was using bots, because doing it myself burned me out after the first four.

They should probably have ditched the leveling system entirely and just used equipment/ability/skin drops.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Calling it now: the Green Arrow hood will finally make its debut as a gear item.

I'm hoping we at least get 2 or 3 new premiere skins too. Where the gently caress is my Shazam skin?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Retailer stuff is listing the ultimate edition as having 6 skins in it instead of the 5 listed in the tweet, and the final new one is listed as 'Bruce Wayne'

which i'm guessing is just the maskless batman model they used in cutscenes

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

New level cap is kinda.... why?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Grem posted:

New level cap is kinda.... why?

because I was close to getting everyone to 20 which I had considered an eventual end goal that is now hilariously out of reach at 30 :shepicide:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Watch it take twice as long to go from 20 to 30 as 1 to 20. loving watch.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So the ultimate edition is on sale on steam, but legendary edition is out soon so I’m assuming I should just wait for that. What’s the difference between the two? Don’t they both have all the dlc?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

man nurse posted:

So the ultimate edition is on sale on steam, but legendary edition is out soon so I’m assuming I should just wait for that. What’s the difference between the two? Don’t they both have all the dlc?

edit: ok you know what? I don't actually know what all the differences are. loving NRS and their multi-edition bullshit.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Mar 2, 2018

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The Ultimate Edition doesn't includes Darkseid and it has only three premium skins (Reverse Flash, John Stewart, Power Girl).

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
I wish every fighting game would include the frame data right in the pause menu like ij2

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Are they giving us more load outs?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

McSpanky posted:

I'd be playing* like 19 hours a day if it didn't crash my computer about every 5th fight. :sigh:

*running the AI rampant through the Multiverse

Same. Played it at my friend's, got all nostalgic for TMNT, bought it, but only managed to get through the first multiverse tutorial on the second try due to crashing. Second tutorial crashed immediately. Seems to be a common problem, but I haven't found a fix yet.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 8, 2018

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

Same. Played it at my friend's, got all nostalgic for TMNT, bought it, but only managed to get through the first multiverse tutorial on the seconds try due to crashing. Second tutorial crashed immediately. Seems to be a common problem, but I haven't found a fix yet.

Is your GPU overclocked? My game was crashing constantly until I set my GPU to the default settings even though my overclock is stable in every other game.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Nah, but thanks. Game kept resetting to Very High textures somehow and killed my memory, only had one CTD since (right when completing a Multiverse event, of course).

Loving the TMNT DLC, although it's a shame you can't play Don vs. Mikey. Pure, unadulterated nostalgia in my veins. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

Loving the TMNT DLC, although it's a shame you can't play Don vs. Mikey. Pure, unadulterated nostalgia in my veins. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...

I might be reading you wrong but you can pick which turtle you want by swapping the gear (Masters Bo Staff is Don, Party Time Nunchakus is Mikey, etc)

• Locked thread