Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Norns posted:

They should have got Ron Perlman

That's off brand now. New Hellboy is David Harbour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Ugh, Raiden. Yes, we know, you're Netherealm. We don't need half your original roster in this game too.

HELLBOY THOUGH, fanfuckingtastic and I cannot wait.

Manta looks pretty rad too.

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 23, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Why do people hate Raiden?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Norns posted:

I don't hate him it's just that there are so many different DC characters that could take his place, making it feel like a wasted slot. NetherRealm should just make a sequel to Mortal Kombat vs. DC if they want to go that route.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm just indifferent to MK and would prefer characters I actually care about.

I like Hellboy though because he's at least a comic book character too.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Norns posted:

They should have got Ron Perlman

Ron Perlman is pretty pissed about the fact that they're making a new Hellboy movie without Guillermo Del Torro's involvement. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't want to be connected to the character at all any more.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

A lot of people enjoy Injustice 2 in spite of it being an NRS game. Losing a precious DLC slot to an MK character when there's a ton of fan favorite DC characters that haven't made it in yet sucks.

MKXL being the best main series MK game while also having the most non-MK characters on its roster is proof that the less MK there is in a game, the better.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Norns posted:

It's just that, if you want to play as Raiden, I can think of five games off the top of my head where you can do that, but none where you can play as Sand?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Nobody would be complaining if the second MK character was Bo' Rai Cho, just saying.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Nobody would be complaining if the second MK character was Bo' Rai Cho, just saying.

This definitely isn't true lmao.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

fadam posted:

This definitely isn't true lmao.

Yeah only morons would hate Bo Rai Cho.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The second MK character, if there had to be one, should have been Johnny Cage

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

To BRC's credit, while I can think of a bunch of lightning themed DC characters, I can't think of any fat drunk Chinese ones.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Like there's not going to be a third MK character.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Senerio posted:

Like there's not going to be a third MK character.

There will be, but I would put money on it being a chick. Cassie or Sonya probably.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think Canary is already a little too close to Cassie / Sonya in both her looks and moveset, while also being pretty good in her own right.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Which was the one with the fan

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
*slamming fist on the table* booster gold!!!!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

I think Canary is already a little too close to Cassie / Sonya in both her looks and moveset, while also being pretty good in her own right.

Oh yeah, I forgot about her.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Which was the one with the fan

Kitana

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
We had that Cyrax teaser a while back, he's actually my fave MK character, but I'd still rather have a DC character I don't like.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JordanKai posted:

Ron Perlman is pretty pissed about the fact that they're making a new Hellboy movie without Guillermo Del Torro's involvement. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't want to be connected to the character at all any more.

Mike Mignola didn't like Del Toro's movies anyway.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hi here's my hot take, gently caress Raiden

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Norns posted:

Black Adam already does lightning powers and flying all over the screen?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

DatonKallandor posted:

Black Adam already does lightning powers and flying all over the screen?

But does he have an awesome hat?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Technowolf posted:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Does Hellboy matches any of the silhouettes on the character selection screen?

the azrael one I believe

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Aphrodite posted:

Mike Mignola didn't like Del Toro's movies anyway.

The Del Toro movies are very much 'not Hellboy'. Like, a whole thing in the comics I really like is that he goes to some remote countryside cottage in Scotland and knocks on the door and they're like "Oh you must be detective Hellboy, please come in, my babies being weird". And not "OH MY GOD YOU ARE DIFFERENT". It's never really addressed at all that any of the BPRD are different from society, and the comic is much the better for it. The X-Men already did the whole social commentary thing, and the 'outsiders who are persecuted despite trying to save us even though they look different' just isn't interesting to me at all. At all. And it seems like such a small thing, but it completely changes the entire tone of the thing such that its not the same.

It's like if in Lord of The Rings they had guns instead of bows and arrows. Like, the story is the same, and they perform the same function, but it just isn't the same world.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Technowolf posted:

He gets hella crowns.

Also why would you not prefer the MOST ELECTRIFYING MAN IN KHANDAQ ENTERTAINMENT, THE PEOPLE'S CHAMPION

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raiden, god of thunder, is kind of boring as a fighter. I like his super man move, but really don't care for his play style otherwise.

Raiden, god of blunder, is amazing as a character.

I sincerely hope every word out of his mouth is incorrect, and his arcade ending includes accidentally killing everyone.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Bo Rai Cho is unironically my third favorite Mortal Kombat character (behind Cassie and Johnny). He'd probably be strong enough to win the Mortal Kombat tournament on his own...
but he's from Outworld, so winning would be a VERY BAD THING, so instead he trains Kung Lao and Liu Kang to win in his place (and trains Liu Kang well enough that he wins the whole thing.)

Now, with that description, what would you expect? Some old master? Nah, a drunken master who farts on his opponents. It's a pretty great contrast.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
Isn't Atrocitus basically Hellboi already?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

opioid agonist posted:

Isn't Atrocitus basically Hellboi already?

in terms of personality and probably fighting style they're nothing alike, one's a cosmic Satan obsessed with punchwalking, space vomit, hatred, and flying cats while the other loves oversized pistoles, stone sigils, fishmans, and nachos.

Hellboy is cool but it makes me wish NRS just bit the bullet and made a loving cinema/horror fighter with Jason, Freddy, Spawn, and noted WB property Mad Max

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Fighter pack 2 is going to have some sick loving costume pieces. You just know Hellboy is going to have a hilarious Legend Tim Curry horns option and Black Manta and Raiden will have awesome hats. Which is good because Raiden's superhero mask is the fuckin worst.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I want Raiden to have a hat with blades on it

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Downside: that was not a John Constantine silhouette at all

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hellboy's gear will consist entirely of clothes from other Ron Perlman roles. This is how Slade comes back to Injustice.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

God, Raiden's costume is ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Kelp Plankton posted:

Spawn will not be in this game

The guest star is Hellboy

Congratulations to Kelp Plankton back in April, please let us know the remaining characters tia.

• Locked thread