Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

codenameFANGIO posted:

I would love to recommend you a good Starfire story but I seriously can't and I apologize. I will be very surprised if someone manages to do it.

She's a non-trivial part of the Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans stories from the 1980s, so she's got that going for her.

She also had a very short-lived solo book within the last couple of years which was really blatantly an attempt to insert "Teen Titans Go" Starfire into the main DC Universe, and I remember thinking the first issue was all right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

guts and bolts posted:

Red Hood is extremely my jam, he is amazing. Why does everyone hate him? Is this one of those "Batman is unironically a good character with strong fiction" things where everyone is just wrong?

50% people trolling number #1 Jason Todd all-time fanboy Dark_Tzzy, 50% DC trying way too hard to put Jason over in the comics.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Sub-Zero's ending is already up on YouTube. He's a nice guy, that Sub-Zero.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

Has that game aged well I never played it

It's interesting as a precursor to the systems that went into MK9 and Injustice, since it introduces stuff like breakers and stage transitions, and as a game, it's a massive step up from where MK was going before it.

Its biggest problem is that it gets degenerate once you reach any skill level above beginner. Green Lantern and Flash both have 45%+ combos off their breaker, and IIRC, Sub-Zero gets really stupid once he has a full rage meter. Also, as was already mentioned, the T-rated "fatalities" are just sort of embarrassing.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I feel like I've seen Starfire's win pose before on a comic book cover or something.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

It's tied to a piece of gear, I've heard.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

It's unlikely that Disney will ever hand a Marvel license to Netherrealm, because Netherrealm is a Warner Brothers Media company. It is directly owned by a Disney competitor.

There will reportedly not be another official Marvel/DC crossover until such time as Joe Quesada, Dan Didio, or more likely both are gone from Marvel and DC, respectively. It's been about 13 years, as I recall.

I'm also not real sure that MVC:I will be a big enough bomb to justify Disney taking any sort of extreme measures. I know people really want it to blow up on the runway, but it can't have been in development for more than a couple of years, so it's a relatively cheap production, and the word "Marvel" on its cover is going to sell a few copies to the casual market. I don't expect it to set the world on fire, since MVC3 was only a moderate success, but MVC:I should find an audience.

(What I would expect is that Disney will more or less ignore the entire thing. MvC:I will get the same small, fervent tournament scene that UMvC3 did, with many of the same faces, and pulls in just enough money that nobody pulls the plug, but not enough money that MvC:I gets adequately supported after launch. The community ends up just having to live with whatever characters/teams/tactics end up as the most degenerate, when any other company would patch them out. After that, it's down to wherever Capcom and the FGC happen to be in 2022 or so.)

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

There are more than enough characters just in the Invincible universe to populate a fighting game, but it would have to be rated M and you'd need a dismemberment mechanic like Time Killers.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

All I can think of is that helmet has got to have caused life complications for him at some point. Is it heavy? Does he bang it on doorways?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I think I'd have been happier if Raiden had been a skin for Black Lightning, especially with how bad Raiden's outfit is.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I'm genuinely curious to see a modern design for Jade.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Cythereal posted:

Fighting wise, I'd imagine an update of dragon naginata Tanya mixed with mournful Kitana. Take that, stuff it into a scantily clad dark-skinned woman whose few clothes are green, and you've got Jade. And some glowy veins and evil dress sense as Jade's presumably a revenant at the moment, having gotten whacked by Sindel like half the cast in MK9.

If they're planning on taking off from Kitana's MKX arcade ending, then something else happened to Jade. It probably isn't an accident that Jade is the only character who died in that sequence who didn't end up as a revenant, or at least never shows up as one at any point in story mode.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I appreciate how many of the trailers involve somebody beating the hell out of Damien.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

fadam posted:

Plastic Man makes so much sense (his Injustice issue was a fan favorite, characters with stretchy limbs are a hallmark of good fighting games, he's cool) and we're probably not going to get him :(

He and his kid were a big part of one of the comic book's arcs, so I wouldn't be that surprised to see him. The only real limitation is that, if he was done right, he'd probably be the single most technically demanding character on the roster: taunts that transform him into red-and-yellow versions of his opponent, constantly stretching, changing into new forms three or four times in the course of a single combo, etc.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Isn't FEAR basically over as a franchise? I could see putting Alma in a crossover game five years ago, but unless they're planning a series reboot, this would be truly questionable timing.

Plus, Alma would make more sense in MK anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I'd add that if you're trying to get caught up to speed with the story to jump into Injustice 2, you probably want to make time to read the digital comic. I think it's all been collected by now, so you could probably borrow it from your local library system.

The comic explains a couple of things that the game only hints at, like the "new" Green Arrow and where Black Canary's been.

• Locked thread