Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That's not Mark Hamill voicing Joker, is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

Richard Epcar from the last one

He's alright but still, that's a drat shame.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sure but it would have been cool if it was Hamill this time around.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Each punch should be accompanied by a ZLONK! or POW! or a BLAP!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

I'm assuming all of the new characters are getting those weird super power granting pills or whatever?

Rage.

HAAAAAAAAAAH!!! *does his super*

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bring back Batgirl and her bolo vortex.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

They're all Plastic Man.

Multiple versions of Plastic Man.

Injustice 2: Plastic Men Among Us

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

It's a fighting game where you literally beat up the other player, heaven forbid you say anything leaning towards negative to them in anyway.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Light hearted taunting is tame as poo poo for the fighting game community anyways. This is the same community filled with openly racist and sexist players who also bully kids that win Smash Brother tournaments.

Ya I'm just pointing out where your goal is to basically make the game as unfun as possible for your opponent it's not unlikely that a few words of discouragement are going to eek out in one form or another. Unless that game is sitting around drunk mashing buttons with your best pals, but seriously, even then expect some poo poo to fly.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I personally like to remove my gloves and slap my opponent across the face with them before we engage in virtual combat, but that's just me.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The FGC is good. You're all in a thread about a game that wouldn't even be half as potentially good as it is if it wasn't for the FGC.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

HebrewMagic posted:

Lmao dude imagine taking any argument made about people being assholes and turning it into "but they sure did make this game rad"

I think we're talking about very different people when we talk about the fighting game community.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ed Boon is going to laugh maniacally while he swims through his giant pool of dollary doos spent on source crystals.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Pretty cool how NRS dropped the story mode straight into mobile like that. I wasn't expecting it to look that good.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

I am happy that Supes, WW, and Swamp thing seem to be all in the tied for lowest health category, as low health generally in the history of fighting games tends to mean better character as they will have more options to compensate for the health.

Well it would be pretty terrible and very lolworthy of NRS didn't do this to balance them.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

well that skin could look better

This is unfortunate.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Actually same question but for Harley, and Scarecrow, and Ivy, and Man-Bat, and Hatter. I'll give Strange a pass on trademarks.

Wow, I never actually thought about how many doctors B-Money has in his rogues gallery before.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Story mode Nightwing?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

No shaders to change Atrocitus into other colored Lanterns? Lame.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Hahah what the gently caress is with El Robins voice?!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

This skit didn't work in Killer Frost, loving pathetic.

She doesn't use an ice ray gun.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Neither does Ice.

That's not very cool.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I'm down for story spoilers because Ed Boon seems the PC unworthy of same day release.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Didn't the last MKX DLC pack never even come out on Steam?

MKXL eventually hit Steam and had NRS's version of GGPO.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bizarro would be a solid DLC Pack 3 character and would let NRS have so much fun with him. Instead of like, Raiden or whatever.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Jeffrey Combs is such an awesome Brainiac.

Also lol Damian has no good comebacks to clashing Joker.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Uneducated dweeb hot take incoming: I don't mind Cyborg.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

Also since it's been leaked and all, is there any sign that those annoying QTEs are back in 2?

QTEs are gone. In place are moments where you get a limited time to decide between two characters before a particular fight.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Cyborg also travels to places through things called "Boom Tubes". How awesome is that?

Funky Valentine posted:

When there's trouble you know what to do
CALL CYBORG
He can shoot a rocket from his shoe
CUZ HE'S CYBORG

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

what even is his ultimate, just a giant laser?

He kicks you into a dimensional hole and you fly into hate space for some reason before your dude gets punched by I guess parademons. One tackles you and pushes you out back into real space and then the two of you get a proton cannon to the face.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Multiverse versions of them. Obviously.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I haven't been there in forever, but you might want to check out TestYourMight. It'll probably be frothing with Injustice 2 character specific guides, video and general content provided by the community over the next few months.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

I can't afford this now, so I'm just gonna wait for the complete edition next year. I might rent it just so I can give Scarecrow a shot online.

You can still rent games in 2017?!

I too must wait since, ya know, PC.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

Welp, I guess I'm not playing this for a while.

Ed Boon strikes again.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Wow, all but one of Cleavage Girls intro dialogs with Superman are disappointingly generic.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Is this game a good point to jump in with fighting games if I haven't played any in over 5 years?

Not really, but don't let that stop you.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

SectumSempra posted:

I didn't come in this thread to post but I just wanted to mention that i hate taylor swift and I'm upset that those exist.

Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ya Injustice WW is actually kind of unlikable in my opinion.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

OxMan posted:

Tried to avoid the hype, but for honor s2 was real underwhelming so here I am. The OP is hella barebones, is there a main site most people use to look up strings and juggles for dudes? This is the first NRE title I've played since like UMK3.

I recommend https://testyourmight.com

Click on the character you're interested in and check the various combo or general discussion threads on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Should also note that Captain Cold's gun is non lethal unless he wants it to be. When he originally made the gun it's purpose was to slow the flash and hold people in temporary suspended animation. The ice was an unintended side effect. As a result it is actually harmless freezing.

Cold also interestingly enough is probably the most powerful Ice villain as his gun can manipulate absolute zero. The temperature were molecules stop moving. He can also create invisible wide beams with his gun that auto freeze anything that touches them. And normally has a field of it around himself when he gets into a fight. The cold field and wide beam does not have quite the same effect on Flash but it does slow him down. Which Cold gives as the reason why he can tag him reliably.

Why don't they, you know, take away his gun?

Does he just keep making new ones?

Why doesn't anyone use his gun against him and put him in a harmless icecube and lock it in isolated cold storage?

• Locked thread