Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kurtofan posted:

I hear Power Girl is going to be one of the premium skin for supergirl? What's the difference between the two characters

power-wise in the comics and stuff not really much. Power Girl has pretty much just been a grown-up version of Supergirl, like if she was Superman's age instead of way younger

she's a good pick for a costume since she wouldn't bring anything to the game as her own separate character

hey what's some good Injustice 2 videos to watch to tide me over until the game hits? or just good youtubey people in general who will probably upload some good stuff as we get closer to launch? i don't know much about fighting game people on the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

you can see the boob window in the lil thumbnail

but other than that it does look like the N52 design, so it's probably an original design inspired by a few of her looks

really the most interesting thing about the special other-character skins is that we've seen Reverse Flash show up in one of the story trailers already, so it's possible that Power Girl, other GLs, and any other currently unknown alt skins like this could be story-relevant characters despite not getting their own roster slot. which would be a cool way to add more people to the game's cast without it spiraling out of control in terms of roster bloat or the amount of work involved in making them all

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Mar 20, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Is that comic supposed to be an adaption of the game's storyline or is it like the I1 comics and it's stuff that happened before the game?

Either way, if he's not in the base game I expect Red Hood to be one of the bigger DLC picks. With an Arkham Knight costume, because they like to reuse Arkham series assets when they can.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The "fill my hole" edit has gotten around online so much without context that I'm not surprised some people don't know it's an edit.

That thing comes up basically anywhere people talk about the boob window.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

AndyElusive posted:

She couldn't think of a symbol to wear on her chest, so she just used a big hole?

I'm surprised NRS didn't opt for Power Girl first and make Super Girl her DLC in that case. She seems right up their ally.

They know people will pay up for the boob window though

Gotta max out that microtransaction opportunity

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Making Damian be Nightwing and Tim be Red Hood is super weird if that's their angle.

I'd rather see Jason Todd just be a thing that Bruce never told Damian about

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kurtofan posted:

what's the deal with Dr Fate? he a magic guy?

super magic dude, top tier ultramagic type stuff. just watch the Doctor Strange movie and pretend he has a helmet on the whole time

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The Injustice 2 characters actually have facial scan actors in addition to their voice actors, so while she might look like Kristen Bell I'm sure it's someone else's face. they might have gone for someone with that kind of look though

It's interesting seeing the face scan mocap stuff get used in more games after it seemed like everyone abandoned the idea post-LA Noire. Netherrealm is doing a pretty good job with it, though the earlier trailers looked kind of weird

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Were the weird looking faces at debut differant fce models or just unconjiggured face capture?

The face models have been refined a lot, so they've changed, but more noticeably the lighting system's been overhauled entirely which makes more of a difference than you'd expect. The animations have also been adjusted a lot since then which makes a big difference too.

It was just earlier versions of everything basically. Stuff looks great now.

Robin/Fate stream is live by the way. Currently showing off Robin https://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

That supposed leak that listed Premiere Costumes for everyone said Red Hood would be in (and have an Arkham Knight skin) and so would Starfire (with a Blackfire skin) so I'm holding out some hope that it's legit, but at this point I'm skeptical since the rest of it could just be piggybacking off the previous leak.

That said, Black Adam's super move is rad as hell

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So much for a less evil Superman

https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/845440102184579072

Any idea on who's the one kneeled on the right?

I'm pretty sure that's Cyborg.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I've definitely seen some older costumes split into parts. Superman has access to the Red Son emblem and colorscheme, Batman seems to have the Batman Beyond outfit split into pieces (I've seen the head and the chest at least), Wonder Woman has a couple different styles of her outfit's skirts and pants.

There's also the Premium Skins which work as a 'shader' slot item (i think?), so instead of an alt color it just replaces the entire outfit (and voicework, and sometimes animations) so they can still add in full skins as options if they need to do that. Which I'm sure they'll do for the upcoming Justice League movie, and rumors are that the CW characters are all getting in that way too. Wouldn't be surprised if some special looks sneak in as shaders, but other stuff can definitely be split up into gear. Which I kind of like, since it lets you do some interesting looks by mixing things together.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Status Quo restored?

well comic book covers rarely have anything to do with what actually happens in the comics, so brainiac probably shows up for one page at the end of the issue and half of the people featured still hate eachother or dont even show up

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Captain Cold is due a proper reveal after showing up briefly in that one trailer. Joker will be the final reveal I think, since he's dead and also super popular.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Technowolf posted:

Or maybe it's just a showcase of Bane and Grodd?

Nah they have a countdown timer to a new character reveal tomorrow, so it's at least someone who hasn't been officially announced yet.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Technowolf posted:

Is it bad of me that I want Talion (from Shadow of Mordor/War) as a guest character?

That would be kind of weird, but he'd have a fun moveset. I think he'd fit Mortal Kombat better though, with how brutal the fights in those games can get.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

best crossover character would be Brain in that big robot tuxedo suit

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Captain Cold looks cool but it's too bad I'm never going to see him again once everyone gets his Mr Freeze skin

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Will armor custimization be reflected in story mode?

no, the gear system doesn't interact with story mode at all from what we've been told

but there's going to be other gear-centric singleplayer stuff they haven't detailed yet. just no story cutscenes with crazy outfits

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Harley mentioning Batwoman makes me hope she's in as a Premier Skin or DLC or something

She's got such a cool look and could use more exposure through something like this

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

What characters on this roster haven't interacted before? Or haven't more than like once in some obscure thing? I'm curious what characters they have to invent stuff for.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yeah I meant in the comics. I have no idea if say, Dr Fate and Deadshot would ever have met outside this game, for example. Or Swamp Thing and Darkseid. The weird combos for intro and clash dialogue could be really interesting.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Flash's super move: https://clips.twitch.tv/HonestVivaciousStrawberryTakeNRG it's amazing

Reverse Flash v Flash intro dialogue: https://clips.twitch.tv/TolerantCrackyHawkNononoCat

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Evil Canadian posted:

So is Grodd the main antagonist, or is this all a smokescreen to make us forget Brainiac is a thing.

Cause I am very OK with Grodd being the big bad no amount of space magic Brainiac has can be stronger than a Gorilla.

It's a three way faction war. Regime, Society, and the Insurgency. Then Brainiac shows up at the worst possible time to make it extra complicated.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kurtofan posted:

I think the story is that she frees superman because she's just arrived on earth and "why are those nasty humans locking up my cousin???" and then realize she has hosed up and tries to stop him.

Yeah there was a bunch of pre-fight dialogue in the beta implying that she's with Batman's crew after some initial misunderstanding where she frees Supes

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I just saw that they confirmed that shaders change the colors of Green Lantern's constructs, which is actually cool as hell

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Did they mention if this would change his outfit as well? A different color would mean a different Corp with a different symbol.

Definitely be a nice touch if they did.

The shaders are what change it so it will always coordinate to his outfit color, but they didn't mention the corps logo stuff as far as I've seen. Depends on if the chest logo is its own gear slot or not. Might be able to mix and match or something, I know Supes has tons of chest logos he can use

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

John Stewart is a skin in this one because he was a skin in the first game and is the GL people always ask to play as because he was in the cartoon

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

FunkMonkey posted:

SHOCKING CONCLUSION, A DARKER BATMAN, WHAT TWIST COULD COME NE oh it was Jason Todd in a Batman suit, whatever.

Legitimately interested to see why Green Arrow would throw in with King Louie though. It would be interesting if he and Black Canary end up being independents trying to balance all sides or something.

Grodd probably has his kid hostage

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

MinibarMatchman posted:

Boy I hope Captain Cold still gets those slit-goggles as gear

i think those showed up in either the gear showcase trailer or when they were showing off his gear stuff on the stream? it would be absurd to not include them

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the brain man cometh

https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/856508047178448897

edit: youtube version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWUOu_lawBc

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Apr 24, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I gotta say, Brainiac wasn't really on my radar at all as someone I'd want to play, but his tentacle stuff looks pretty cool and I definitely want to give him a shot after seeing him in action. Much more interesting than I expected

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Jimmy Hats posted:

I'm really hoping for a Shao Kahn style boss version of Brainiac (or darkseid!) since the final boss from the last 2 games was so underwhelming

Brainiac could easily have some big monster boss form or something, but I wouldn't expect much more than what we've seen I guess.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Darkseid of the Goon

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol at that "OUTTA NOWHERE!!!!!!" achievement

I'm more curious about how Joker fits in, if at all, in the campaign and how he'll look. A lot of characters looked real bad in the last game and personally I felt Joker's design, especially his face, were atrocious. Don't even get me started on that ability.

In terms of story stuff? We've got Scarecrow. Batman and Superman both have some deep issues related to Joker that could totally result in hallucinating him for a fight or two somewhere along the storyline stuff. Alternately it looks like the game might start with some flashbacks to pre-Injustice-1 stuff before jumping to the current story and he could show up there?

But it's not hard to come up with an excuse for him to be in the story even though he's dead.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Jeffrey Combs voices Brainiac. He actually voiced Scarecrow for a while in the DCAU.

and The Question in Justice League Unlimited, which is probably my favorite DC character role he's had. looks like he'll be a good Brainiac though

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

if this means Jason Todd gets a 'dress up as batman and shoot people with guns' skin in the actual game i'm all for it though

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Black Manta is part of the Atlantis level's stage transition. That's where you probably saw him.

That DLC lines up too easily with popular player speculation, it's a list engineered to spread based on hype without looking like an actual NRS DLC list. It's just all the stuff people want to get thrown together with some guys from Ed Boon's Twitter polls.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Spawn will not be in this game

The guest star is Hellboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm glad we can customize stuff's look in this game because I'm not big on that Joker

But toss a hat on him and I'm good

• Locked thread