Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I look forward to hitting f23 with Superman and winning a lot again because f23 is one of the most oppressive attack strings in fighting game history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

CharlestonJew posted:

No Solomon Grundy? Like the best part of watching competitive Injustice was listening to the crowd shout the rhyme while he command grabbed you to death.

Slaughter Swamp is one of the stages, so its either Grundy or Swamp thing's stage(or both?)

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Next character reveal is Feb 7th. Probably gonna be a reveal a week at this rate because roster is gonna be sizable.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bysYrTTSrVc

Vid meant to show off Canary but first actual gameplay of Deadshot. If you thought he was gonna be toned down Deathstroke well initial look says thats way off base. He's a bastard child of Deathstroke and full auto jacqui, with a pinch of gunslinger erron tossed in. Only thing he's missing(which may be in just not shown in video) is instant air guns.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I was looking forward to reveal today too :(

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

MinibarMatchman posted:

I know he's Superman but jeez, those 2 or 3 basic combos along with the lasers. Think maybe he should get toned down a bit but how the gently caress do you tone down Superman.

You don't. Superman was consecutively nerfed over and over in the first game and he was never worse than high tier. The way his moveset works he just can't be bad.

That said him being strong isn't a bad thing, hes incredibly fun to play as he can do everything.

*ed*

Also if you want beta vids please watch forever king or reo or something over people like loving maximillian.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

PSWII60 posted:

So do you guys find him annoying or is it just because he's not as good as the top tier players? I'll admit I used to find him more entertaining than I do now, but I don't outright hate the man like everybody else seems to.

Personally I don't like how he's the "voice of the community" when hes nothing more than a shill. He will play NRS games as long as it keeps making him ad money on youtube and will drop it the second he can. I wish someone more respectable had his audience.

And yes, max is bad at games.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Ol swampers looking pretty dang good, love the range on everything.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Yeah Superman changed from Top 1 with a bullet to "merely" top tier. Like, Martian and Flash were better pound for pound but Superman was still a threat against everyone.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

So cheetah and catwoman, 2 catwomans!!

Also a bit from story mode, catwoman in league with gorilla city? sure. Catwomans face doesn't seem "final" especially with canary and ivy in that same trailer.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I just wanna see more Grodd damnit. Like, I know he(and aquaman) probably went back to the shed for workover after the initial reveal as they both disappeared but I want my monkey man!

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Ahh good news, ranked play at launch will ALWAYS be competitive mode, aka gear never matters.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I love everything about Wonder woman I have seen, except one thing.

HOPEFULLY A PLACEHOLDER, but her j2 is that same weird jank animation that I loving hate. But combining the stances, her options, she gets in true NRS fashion a low or overhead combo starter into full combo that can be made safe on block with ex shoulder charge.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

fadam posted:

Ah man, Cyborg isn't the reveal we were supposed to get today is he?

Lol of course he was, why would you think differently.

But look on the brightside, with the rule of twos(two super-people, two bats(batman and robin), two plant people, two cat people and such) we now have two arm-transformy techno black people!

I just hope the rule of two holds for Grodd so we can get detective chimp in the game.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

fadam posted:

I'm not bummed that Cyborg is in the game, I'm bummed that he was the reveal. I swear they already announced him but it was probably just mobile poo poo.

Was just the mobile stuff. Cyborg reveal is an easy "free" week reveal where marketing team doesn't have to do anything. Expect the same for Green lantern "reveal".

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Sinners Sandwich posted:

You guys are the kids that peeked their parent's christmas gifts early and then complained about it

I got the gift of Grodd and its all I ever needed

Drink it in mannnnn~~~

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Karnegal posted:

With the Amazon 20% off and 5% back that seems like a good deal.

Yeah I am just gonna get the ultimate edition cause I am the type to buy all the dlc chars anyway. With Prime's 20% off its a money saving move in the end.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

MinibarMatchman posted:

Starfire/Red Hood is a new one but hasn't shown up on the "official" leak anywhere. I can't imagine what Red Hood could possibly have that's interesting or different from Deadshot.

When he shoots his pistol he can shoot it all sideways like he's a gangster.

I hope its true just mostly for the batwoman skin for batman. I hold no particular love for batwoman but shes aesthetically kinda cool, but I hold an unreasonable hate for batman.

Where's ultra humanite premium skin for grodd.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Jimmy Hats posted:

I wonder how they are going to explain him not just pulling the justice league from the last game back over again to bail his rear end out if this is the case.

He's got kind of a Black Adam vibe to him, what with the pose and all the floaty balls.

He screams to me Sinestro meets Raven. The triple shot is Sinestro's signature move even.

But yeah cool new character and all but I just wanna see grodd footage he's been in the shed for 6 months now.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

MinibarMatchman posted:

we've def seen less of grodd than any of the other initial beta reveal characters. they'll probably drag his rear end out for a tandem gameplay video when Flash is visible

I just hope animation wise he got his super redone. It screamed placeholder to me and I hope I was right about that.

Aquaman also been in the can for the same amount of time, when he was last shown off he was copy/paste injustice 1 unlike say supes and batman, who have the "same" movesets but tons of new animations. So I hope he gets the same treatment they did.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Technowolf posted:

Was the Kung Lao pic from a few days ago supposed to be part of the big reveal, or was that just "Hey, we got a nice statue of Kung Lao"?

It was a "we got a reveal coming later on" kinda deal. I think monday?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128905833

The stream from today.

Went from rolling my eyes at Cheetah to now seriously digging her. Shes pixie rushdown grappler.

*ed*

And her super is Maximum spider :shobon:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

fadam posted:

To what? Get owned over and over until another Earth's Superman comes to bail him out again?

Naturally, Batman knows he could never stand a chance against Superman :cool:.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Kurtofan posted:

I hear Power Girl is going to be one of the premium skin for supergirl? What's the difference between the two characters

It'll be different voice lines/intro & win pose, and maybe different particle effects/a move or two might animate differently.

Like the leak has all the CW characters having their TV look as a premium skin, I imagine those will be voiced by the TV actors.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

McSpanky posted:

How far does this go, like are we getting CW Firestorm and Captain Cold? I didn't know I needed Victor Garber and Wentworth Miller in a fighting game until now BUT I DO

As far as it went it was for Flash/Supergirl/Green Arrow.

The rest of the list for completions sake however naturally take with huge grain of salt.

Premium skin / Original Character

reverse flash / flash
power girl / supergirl
john stewart / lantern
black siren / canary
batwoman / batman
nightwing(damian wayne) / robin
red arrow / green arrow
bizzaro / superman
wildcat / cheetah
mr freeze / captain cold
shazam / black adam
deathstorm / firestorm
blackfire / starfire
arkham knight / red hood

Biggest maybe is Red hood and Starfire don't show up on the original leak list, however Hood has been showing up in other sources(magazines) stating he is in the game so I guess time will tell :shrug:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Sinners Sandwich posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grFbEI-mAPU

Cheetah trailer for some reason

Keep in mind that one of the links says this guy is going to be an alt skin for her

It would probably be

instead. There is a lady wildcat.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Yeah Superman is "weak" to magic in the same way everyone else is. So its really just that he has no particular defense against it.

Its fine though because Superman is the strongest and nobody can ever beat him really, bless you Superman! :cool:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Yardbomb posted:

Supes wasn't doing too hot for a while there faced with Shazam's mighty package.

Superman totally won that fight though. He literally just went "enough" and then manhandled him like a child. Then he went on to(somewhat) save the day cause he is a drat hero.

Like even in the new 52 run of swamp thing, multiple times in the comic its obvious who he really wants to be.

No shame in looking up to the best!

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Yardbomb posted:

The only time Superman's been interesting in a long while was Red Son.

Superman legit has a lot of the best stories in all of comics, however they aren't the kind where he punches/kicks people but rather where it just exploring what it means to be human(despite being an alien) and other all around inspirational stuff.

No other comic character has stories like Superman: Peace on Earth(which is a fantastic read) because well, they aren't Superman.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

McSpanky posted:

Don't forget that during all of this, Superboy breaks them out of the pocket universe by punching the forcefield at the edge of the universe so hard that it literally breaks reality and causes every single continuity error and unreconciled retcon ever since the Crisis.

Simple in its elegance really.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Gavok posted:

If Joker's in the game, I hope they never explain it. Have people wonder about it, throw out some theories and some hints, but never give a concrete idea of how he's there.

If Joker is in the game he should just be in versus and not appear in the story. The "proper" universe isn't here to bail out the injustiverse so unless something retarded like Batman felt bad for joker and put the 2 halfs of him that supes ripped apart in the lazarus pit he just shouldn't be around.

I mean NRS sorta already pulled this in MKX. The default looks for Liu Kang/Kung lao/Kitana do not exist in the storymode and were fakeouts as they were dead/revenants the whole time.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

AndyElusive posted:

My uncle who works at Nintendo tells me his friend who works at NRS told him that Joker is going to be DLC, just you wait and see.

I hope Joker is dlc. Might be the first non-guest character to top the DLC charts for NRS.

That and the mountains of salt.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I want to play Grodd so baddddddddd

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Bust Rodd posted:

Grodd excites me because I really like extrememly stylistic move sets. i've always thought the spider-man video games lived and died by whether or not Spidey got sweet luchadore wrestling moves or just regular punches and kicks, it's important to give characters attacks he would use. Capt. Cold basically being a Melee Mei (from overwatch) looks fun as hell.

Grodd excites me cause he's a freakin gorilla and there needs to be more playable apes in fighting games.

That and who knows how he plays like really? The old footage from 6 months ago doesn't really show much. Maybe a grappler til he traits up, then more like a raven/kenshi style zoner?

*ed*

I vaguely seem to recall him traiting up made him invulnerable to projectiles(passes through) but who knows if that still the case.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Mar 31, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Kurtofan posted:

I don't get it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktUx57i63e0

Wonder twins would own as a character actually.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I was kinda hoping for a 2nd beta since I couldn't get in the first, but now were a month and change from release so that's probably not happening :smith:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Whats the story behind the giant space bull in Atrocitus's super

IIRC each of the various lantern corps has kinda like a spirit animal that is the primordial incarnation of that emotional spectrum (green/willpower, yellow/fear, red/rage, etc). It is called the Butcher and is the incarnation of rage. Parallax the yellow one is easily the most important/famous of them and has had many stories over the years.

The green one is a whale!

*ed*

A wiki link, has actual info http://greenlantern.wikia.com/wiki/Butcher_Entity

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I guess lets see whether or not Catwoman is in the new coat of paint camp like batman/superman or completely reinvented like wonder woman.

Gameplay wise she was perfectly fine in terms of what she had, but by NRS standards and how varied the characters can get, she was awfully by the numbers rushdown. Compared to say how Cheetah seems to be now, a rushdown pixie grappler with divekicks and demon flips, straight rushdown seems a bit vanilla.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Jimmy Hats posted:

They didn't show her clash :(

Catwoman: some sort of cat pun
Swamp thing: I am from the swamp what are you talking about
Catwoman: This kitten has claws!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

MinibarMatchman posted:

I loving hate referring to "tier lists"

why, they are a thing.

Cyborg could instant air fireball like Kabal in mk9(think marvel 3 morrigan level of fireball output) so for the bulk of the cast they had a hell of a time getting in on him.

But yeah once that was taken away he was poo poo because he had nothing and was a poorly thought out character.

• Locked thread