Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Remember really early in the game's life someone won a tournament spamming Deathstroke guns?

Between fate and deadshot people are going to be crying about zoning again to be sure. That's why the Meterburn roll(cancel dash into meterburn, turns into projectile invincible roll for the unaware) is a thing now.

That said I much prefer it this way than just crippling zoning like SF5 did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

MinibarMatchman posted:

Gorilla Grodd is next week!

Wait did they actually say that, I only skimmed through the vod since I missed it live. Grodd is my most anticipated new character.

Also thank god that dumb flash kick is now punishable on block.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

AndyElusive posted:

Yup, they announced it when they were answering Reddit questions.

loving finally. Grodd was announced at the start of the media cycle for the game and theres nothing out there for him minus the odd vid of him getting mashed on at e3 from last year. Is he a grappler that turns into a zoner when he traits up? almost a year later and still don't really know.

I just like gorillas they are neat animals games don't let you play them, please be good Gorilla Grodd! :unsmith:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

So is Grodd the main antagonist, or is this all a smokescreen to make us forget Brainiac is a thing.

Cause I am very OK with Grodd being the big bad no amount of space magic Brainiac has can be stronger than a Gorilla.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

MinibarMatchman posted:

Watchtower this Wednesday is teasing Firestorm and Scarecrow, both of which I'm extremely down for. With Grodd included, should be a really fun stream.

Well 2/3 ain't bad!

gently caress firestorm might be the most op of the launch lineup for all I care but he's still ya know, Firestorm :shrug:.

Hype for Grodd though.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

MinibarMatchman posted:

firestorm would have been cooler if his costume didn't look like he dug it out of a dumpster and had actual nuclear moves. should have saved the generic "hey look I'm Cinder" moveset for Starfire. That said, with Captain Cold and Dr. Fate looking like exciting zoner and trap guys, I'm curious what Firestorm's niche will be if he is indeed a dude who throws projectiles all over.

Well going by what little time he's had on screen, those fireballs are really fast.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

So that confirms basically the leaked premium skin list, which effectively in turn confirms Starfire and Red Hood.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Kurtofan posted:

it sounds stupid but i'm really excited to see all the shaders, they seem to have really goofy name

Nothing stupid about it, character customization owns in any game.

Just hope I can get my Purple/Gold so I can Saints up all my characters :hellyeah:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

AndyElusive posted:

Speaking of Deadshot, has there been a Watchtower showcase of him already?

No stream but there has been extended footage of him in use I think IGN put up? Around when Canary was announced.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Gorilla Grodd can FLY.

Kinda wish they had 16 bit demo the character instead of the usual 2 stooges because they barely can play the game. I feel there's quite a bit more there than what they have shown.

One more month and the ape army will take to the skies.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Kyle freaking sucks I don't know how anyone likes him. I am also a big fan of the old cartoons but thats mostly lead to me liking Hawkgirl a lot, and then the sad twisted tale of finding animated Hawkgirl is this wierd amalgamation of all the many different types of Hawkgirls/Hawkwomen in the comics.

That said I am very sure Gorilla Grodd can beat up any of the lanterns and there needs to be a Gorilla lantern corp.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Babe Magnet posted:

the best green lantern is Mogo

Mogo would make a great boss character, like Apocalypse in x-men vs sf or something.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I hope yoshi summon is core moveset and not gear.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

fadam posted:

It might just be movie magic but I'm pretty sure that's the case. Her costume when her stand is out is identical to the rest of the trailer. I haven't bothered to go back and check the other trailers to see if that's the case for other characters with gear moves, though. Some dude on Reddit who was right about some other poo poo in the past is also saying it's her trait.

If NRS is smart they'll make it really easy to swap to the new moves in tournament mode, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Some of them (the Captain Cold platforms) are too cool to be locked behind a dumb microtransaction vector for normies.

Bonus moves will not be tournament legal across the board as they are tied to gear. I know they are aiming for a gear-on side tourney at Evo but that would be an exception.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

fadam posted:

Yeah, but isn't there specifically a tournament mode that disables everything? Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to put the option of picking the new moves in there, similar to how you pick styles or whatever in MKX.

I don't know about a tournament mode for offline specifically, but bonus moves and gear are specifically banned in Ranked online play and the devs themselves obviously don't want the bonus moves used for serious play.

I am totally fine with that, from what I see most bonus stuff is just more for funsies anyway like giving flash a fireball.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I was a little surprised at how much punching and kicking Ivy actually does herself, I expected more hitting of people with plants

I anticipated her to be more like a trap zoner like Lex, but I guess lets wait for the full breakdown on Wednesday as a trailer doesn't necessarily always give the clearest view.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

fadam posted:

Ah poo poo, I didn't know that. I thought it was the opt-out system like in the beta.

That was basically the prototype. Ranked is pure, casual matches will be a gear based madhouse, and private is your choosing I would imagine.

I just wonder for King of the hill if you can set them to gear on/off towers as I personally really don't like the gear stat stuff in the least.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Game needs Detective Chimp and Ultra humanite as playable chars.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

The big reason each NRS game is better than the last you can basically solely place on the lap on the competitive scene.

Competitive fighting games own and yall should aspire to get good at the game and foster competitive spirit in others, then start entering tournaments!!!!!!

And I'll throw this out there now like with every new FG if anyone here who is more on the casual side wants to try their hand at getting more serious hit me up and I will gladly run you through the ropes and show you whats what.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Jimmy Hats posted:

Yeah i mean I learned how to actually play fighting games off of Injustice and I can do it fairly well, but I'd much rather support costumes opening up stupid poo poo i.e. Captain Cold platforms over dialed-in no customization fighting that they are pushing for ranked.

I feel like ranked fighting is always the feature mode in fighting games, and when you strip out parts of your game to make it work for ranked on it's face it's kinda lame that you're pandering to a minority group.

I don't know if I would call it a "minority group" at all, but even if it were its gonna be those players that are gonna keep life in the game long after everyone who cares about gear stuff and the bonus moves are long gone and moved on.

Game supports both styles of play quite handily so I think its quite a fair workaround. I know if I was forced to play with gear stats online I would most likely pass on the game because I aggressively do not like that stuff.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Competitive fighting game scene is actually fine, I just get annoyed that they insist on taking the cool aspects of fighting games and stripping them out for their stuff.

Its still all there if you want to use it. However the gear stuff/extra moves was never made with competitive play in mind so its only fair that us in the competitive community do not care to use it and thankfully that's an option for us.

Like don't get me wrong, i'll more than likely still gently caress around in a gear mode for funsies with whatever bs silly moves they put in for kicks every now and then but at the core I like just the characters as they were designed/balance as it stands(just like every other fg).

*ed*

I think its mostly a lesson learned from Variations from MKX, as for the most part Variations were just a failure. A grand and worthy experiment to try absolutely but with rare exception generally characters only had 1 variation worth a drat and the other two were not worth your time. Its just hard to balance that kinda stuff.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Ain't gonna say other parts of the FGC are squeaky clean and without fault, but comparing smash players to the rest of us is unfair and cruel :cry:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And the comic just had a red eyed Batman show up and gun down Amanda Waller

Yeah.

Well if its T.Diddy he's way cooler than Bruce. Also he would probably be pro-regime so all the better.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Its only smart and right to join up with Grodd.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

All of these trailers look solid as hell.

Will this finally be the fighting game story to beat MK9?

Probably not but maybe a new solid #2.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Deadshot looking like Deathstroke ++
Catwoman still bores me to tears
Ivy is like, zato + erron and she can mb her spike AFTER its blocked so its gonna lead to a lot of annoying shinnok-esque situations of "I know I can punish you upclose if I block, but is it actually safe to hit a button after the block"

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Grem posted:

Hey so I'm a filthy casual om the PS4, but I loved playing with the stick that came with the hella expensive Injustice 1 version. What's the closest approximation I can get for this new version?

You really, really don't need a stick for Injustice. I own many sticks and I will personally be playing on pad as NRS games just feel better on pad to me.

That said if you are still dead set on playing stick I would suggest a HRAP 4 as you can find them at usually very reasonable prices as far as high end sticks go.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Every NRS game is a marked improvement over the previous one by quite a bit, and from what I have seen and talked to about with people with extended time with the game Injustice 2 going to keep following that trend.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

cheev list out

https://www.trueachievements.com/n27694/injustice-2-achievement-list-revealed

No shocker Joker confirmed. Rumour of story mode branching paths confirmed as well.

Without knowing the hidden trophies, seems like an easy enough plat.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Some of the cheevs are pretty funny.

"Skill Gap" referencing the first injustice evo finals.
Donkey kong barrel throwing achievement for Grodd, kinda ape-racist
"Outta Nowhere" Bane RKO achievement.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XhVtdzHjTQ

Example combos from Ketchup and Mustard. loving love grodd restand into command jump, into either combo or high/low reset possibilities.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And turns out it plays exactly the same. That is pretty underwhelming.

Joker is incredibly lame so I don't know what you were expecting.

Since base moveset is seemingly the same lets see whether or not that returning character coat of paint and tweaks(move property changes, new strings etc) is enough cause otherwise he's just the worst character in the game again for free.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Spikeguy posted:

I dug Speed's quip about the races with Superman being for charity.

Exactly, he let him win most of them because Superman doesn't wanna embarrass the guy whose only gimmick is how fast he is :getin:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Jimmy Hats posted:

Mostly they just seem a bit shorter overall? Some of the injustice 1 transitions would go on for quite a bit.

I think they being shorter is fantastic. I do like the idea of them but they really killed gameflow due to how long they were.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Going by bio on official site, Joker is still dead as a doorknob. So I guess playable but not featured in story mode(thank god).

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

So my minor observations with joker is

-Trait is now you just do animation, get the speed boost. Counter part completely removed thus making it infinitely more usable in a real match.
-Can now MB gunshot for a launcher
-MB gas canisters seem to come out much faster, so more like erron black now.
-Can combo after super like Green arrow used to in igau
-Crowbar now full screen move, ex for armour it seems?

*ed*

Just due to the fact his trait is actually usable now, has probably saved him from worst character status. Now as for who new worst character is will remain to be seen.

*ed again*

Different character note, but I am now much more sold on Wonder Womans trait. Yes its one of 5 random buffs each time you activate, but the activation timer is actually quite long compared to most other install style traits, and it basically doesn't have any recovery timer, you can basically just always have one of the buffs up for the duration of the match.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 29, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

I did quite like the

Robin: You don't have to hold back
Supes: Everyone says that the first time.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Just watched and came here to post it actually.

And all I can say is

:swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon:

I already knew about the b2 restand, but you can cancel his charge early, AND he has a dash cancelable move which is freakin huge. Ketchup shown off the exact corner oki setup I hoped was possible too so I couldn't be happier.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Oh, so looks like Brainiac has Boss specific moves and Boss specific stage interactions. Nifty.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

ImpAtom posted:

If the rumors are accurate about Shazam being a premium skin for Black Adam maybe he'll begin with that trait by default instead.

I very much doubt premium skins to have any balance changes. Except different look/voice/particle effects but if one thing is different then its a brand new character at that point.

Like mk9 with human Cyrax and Sektor, they used certain moves differently since they were not robots, so certain animations changed which changed their frame counts. Human Sektor could do combos Cyborg sektor simply could not, despite being just a "different skin".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Kelp Plankton posted:

I finally caved and preordered the Ultimate Edition. Darkseid just looks too fun to miss out on at launch, and I want those skins and shaders for dress up purposes

Do we know if there's just one gear loadout per character, or can you save a few and pick the one you want at character select? It would be nice to have the Premiere Skins available without losing the original characters and needing to screw around with gear all the time when I want to swap.

I can't recall exactly how many offhand, but you absolutely can save multiple costume loadouts.

• Locked thread