Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I bet Brainiac summons the zombie dudes from the last trailer for his trait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

He looks cool. I like the looks of those tentacle normals.

Any guesses to his trait?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Looks like a counter move super?

He also summons a parademon dude at the end it looks like.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

FunkMonkey posted:

His win screen is just the opponent painting their symbol on a cave wall.

Goddamn that would be rad lmao

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Rico Suave is streaming himself watching old Injustass 1 tournaments and its pretty funny. https://www.twitch.tv/imricosuave I didn't realize anyone actually played Hawkgirl.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Manta shows up during a stage transition.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

That face reminds me of someone but I can't figure out who.

EDIT: Oh yea he kind of looks like Dan Stevens.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What's Cyborg's new trait?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Here's some Harley versus Super Girl footage from people who know how to play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3kwbg8B5GI

I dig the french voices.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0f3t9Z850M Darkseid looks ill

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Damian rules and Dick is a pussy that got owned by a rock.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What's the lore behind Cyborg's super sending the enemy to Apokolips?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What's this I'm reading about Black Adam having two traits?

Edit: Oh, lame it's a gear thing. He can get Shazam's trait through gear. Another cool thing that's never going to get played with 😣

fadam fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 1, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I hope we get some New Gods. They're very underrepresented for how cool they are, they're like the opposite of The Inhumans.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It's a bummer they decided to waste spots on MK characters :(

I'm also impressed at how not lovely they made Starfire's face.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I hope Red Hood keeps up the trend of NRS DLC characters being strong so he's ubiquitous at tournaments.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

So wait, do you get all dlc characters if you buy the deluxe editions or do you just get those three (plus darkseid)?

All 9.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It is very funny to me that this is a fighting game based on a franchise filled with thousands of cool and unique characters that have every type of power you can imagine and we're still getting at least two Mortal Kombat characters on the roster lmao

Kurtofan posted:

actually no, there's the deluxe edition that gets you the first pack and a premier skin and the ultimate edition that gets you everything.

Ah, whoops. I thought Deluxe was the primo 100+ dollar one. My bad.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Please don't put Raiden in this game.

WarEternal posted:

Silhouettes like that for the last two games have never been deliberately misleading, like Black Manta would definitely be Black Manta, at worst they've just not been very distinguishable.

We got Alien instead of the sword arm guy in MKX even though the silhouette showed the latter.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

To be fair there's like an infinite number of ways Red Hood could play. Sinestro and Green Lantern played way differently from each other in IJ1 even though they have basically the exact same superpower. I can't imagine Red Hood will be too similar to anyone in play style.

I know there's a meme on SA about Red Hood being lame but I'd rather have a billion more Batman characters than MK guys.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Batman rules and the Batfamily features some of the best characters in comics. Mortal Kombat was lame until 2015.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Supersonic Shine posted:

How many of you are going to go with the gear that looks the best instead of using it for gameplay benefits?

Me, but mostly because ranked doesn't use gear stats/abilities and I probably won't play anything other than that and local mp after the first few days.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Is it okay for flying characters like Superman and Starfire to bother me? I don't like how they are always flying but hovering a foot of the ground at all times

Nah, I think it looks pretty dumb. I honestly don't know why they do it, Shazam was grounded in IJ1 and he looked awesome.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm Watchtower stream is live, talking about the Multiverse stuff if you're into that.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I normally don't care about SP fighting game stuff, but this Multiverse stuff they're showing off looks rad. There are bosses in the Multiverse that you can equip specific gear to deal with (Kryptonite versus Kryptonians etc.), and each battle can have challenges (like "don't uppercut") that you can do to get an XP bonus.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I don't have a PS+ sub so I'm worried if I can play multiverse or not.

Also green arrow has arsenal's trucker hat as a headpiece lol

Someone's going to be happy about that.

EDIT: lmao there's a modifier where Orange Lanterns show up randomly and make zones that give you dollarydoos if you stand in them.

OTHER EDIT: lmao there's a mode where penguin waddles around and shoots rockets at people

fadam fucked around with this message at 21:32 on May 5, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Oh nice they're going to be showing off Darkseid today.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

lmao there's an AI Battle Sim where you make geared ghosts and they fight other people for loot.

It's amazing how much SP/casual content is in this game, but the rest of the competitive stuff didn't seem to suffer for it. Capcom needs to take notes.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just a bunch of multiverse stuff and this AI Battle Sim (you gear up ghosts and have them fight other people's teams for gear and cash). No character walkthroughs, but they did mention specifically that they're going to do Darkseid later.

EDIT: This tournament mode sounds really smart.

fadam fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 5, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

lmao just looking at his specials Darkseid seems really, really good

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

They said they balanced him to the rest of the cast. He seems fairly slow and they mentioned he doesn't have a great high low game, so we'll see I guess.

EDIT: His fireball hits high which is pretty lame :( I hate in NRS games how like 90% of the fireballs are duckable.

fadam fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 5, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

Fireballs being duckable are actually really good. If you want a shooter pretending to be a fighting game just play ARMS when it comes out.

the only time a character should have a high fireball is if they also have a low fireball and the rest of Sagat's moves too

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

god Multiverse sounds fun. Say what you will about some design choices, these MK nerds do wanna have fun at least, and in a field where so many of the games take themselves maybe too seriously that's just welcome.

It's not like they sacrificed anything for it either. There's a very robust, competitive game in the middle of everything, and their netcode is fantastic.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It's just a multiverse thing for some challenges.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The Red Hood sucks meme is an SA exclusive.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The new Red Hood book where he pals around with Bizarro and Artemis is choice

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Who gives a poo poo about Sub-Zero, look how sick Captain Cold is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvYEqblYo-8

I like the looks of that overhead ice/low kick mixup.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Punk's whole brand is that he's kind of a dick. If you watch the whole video he's pretty clearly just joking around and everyone seems to be having a good time.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah I don't know how you could watch that video and think there's any animosity there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm not as down on SF V as other people on this forum (although I barely watch it and I haven't played it in over a year so maybe I am), but I feel like short of completely gutting it and re-releasing it (which they specifically said they're never going to do) there's nothing they can do to fix it.

More and more people at my weekly are picking up Xrd, and I'm hoping that people will start to play Injustce and Tekken when they come out too.

• Locked thread