Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

AndyElusive posted:

Uneducated dweeb hot take incoming: I don't mind Cyborg.

I don't mind him, I just think he's not super interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I wonder who Steve "Wolverine" Blum voices

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Kelp Plankton posted:

He's Green Lantern (and Sub Zero later probably)

That sounds like a weird fit

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

quote:

Johns has said of Cyborg, "He represents all of us in a lot of ways. If we have a cellphone and we're texting on it, we are a cyborg—that's what a cyborg is, using technology as an extension of ourselves."

What no its not anything like that at all

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

The Green Lanturn skin we should be getting:

Mal(lard) Jordon

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Earth 1 and Earth 2 versions

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Saint Freak posted:

Release day. Hmm let's see according to my Amazon tracking information my copy is somewhere called "Pasiphaë, Fifty-Third Moon Of Jupiter" but I'm sure it will be fine when I get home from work.

If you have prime it'll be there today. I've never ever had a prime game preorder not show up on release day

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I don't buy games on Amazon that have a strong multiplayer component like this one because 20 percent discount doesn't defeat my laziness/unwillingness to get up and change discs just to.play a couple rounds

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Man, Darkseid feels good. That Palm Strike is sexy to wrap combos with

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Diabetic posted:

I preordered in January and mine doesn't get here until Thursday. You'd think living right at Atlanta would maybe make this easy but nope. I've never gotten a game on release day.

Do you have Prime though, or just Amazon.

I'm loving Darkseid. He zones like a loving champ, but he has the tools to deal if they do get close.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Dan Didio posted:

Supergirl is a very good, all-rounder character, but you should play a character you like the look of. Play the tutorial, then play the character specific tutorial for Scarecrow and then play some matches with him.

By the way, I just want to point out those character specific tutorials are awesome. I hope they do that in all their future games.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Saint Freak posted:

Nope I"m sorry that tier list with no votes on it is actually 100% correct.

It's right that Darkseid loving rules tho

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
why don't you guys just make a second guild

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I'm having a lot of fun with Darkseid but I want to play Atrocitus too because evil kitty

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Not gonna lie, I spam the hell out of Omega Beams

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

WarEternal posted:

No, as with Jackie and Deathstroke before, scrubs don't understand how to get around projectile characters in NRS games. Mainly the fact that you have to duck and not block, wait and dash.

Hahaha like that time Deathstroke won an entire tournament spamming guns early in Injustice 1's release. It's lucky the whole field at a fighting game tournament was scrubs

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
The Scarecrow fear toxin mechanic is kind of fun. Also I got a rad Epic plague mask for him. Demon shader and he looks badass

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
What's the fastest way to level a character anyhow? Darkseid is my highest and he's only 14

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Double Bill posted:

Deadshot just recovers way too quickly. IIRC in Inj1 you could dash between Deathstroke's shots, making him a lot less cancerous (and he was still nerfed). Against Deadshot you just have to block and move forward an inch at a time, which sucks. And he can immediately put you at fullscreen again with MB shotgun.

You had to have a perfect connection to be able to get in on a spamming Deathstroke. The window was way too tight.

Edit: Again, I remind the thread that Deathstroke won an actual big tournament early in IJ1's life by a Deathstroke gun spamming guy. With the entire leadup being the thread "pros" constantly telling everyone they were big babies for not being able to effortlessly own Deathstrokes.

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 21, 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

The fact remains that he was definitely not "fine" and people were dismissively telling people he was.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

It's fun and easy to make fun of people whining about Spam but there's a nugget of truth in peoples complaints specifically with NRS games.

It's not fun or interesting to get around zoning in the game at all. Fireball wars aren't a thing, so even in matchups between two zoners you end up with one of them doing nothing but The Get In On NRS Fireballs game, because the character who gets even the slightest favorable trade out of a projectile exchange completely invalidates the other characters projectiles and they're left doing the block and scoot for 10 seconds before they get close enough to threaten with anything meaningful.

What's weird is they basically "fixed" this in MKX with the run and I don't really see a good reason why they wouldn't put it in this game other than to have an arbitrary thing differentiating them.

I think you'd have to use the stamina meter if you used the run, and they definitely want you to be throwing things and throwing people INTO things a lot more in this game.

I'm actually kind of surprised the roll costs 2 bars. 1 seems sufficient.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
My bad, I play Darkseid so I just spam Omega Beams. I don't need rolls.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

The Fool posted:

Applied to xbone guild has thespicerules with the highly original message of "stairs lol"

I think people who say something about stairs will probably get in without having to ask in the thread if they can be approved

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Saint Freak posted:

Poison Ivy does not even have one move where she poisons someone. What a rip.

Get this... the lady HERSELF is the poison!

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

MrJacobs posted:

well thats how she poisons people. Superman pills just let them shake it off if.

What do you want, the opponent to call the poison control center?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Also on a positive note I just want to say my Batman looks baller in the Noir shader and dressed up like Batman Beyond. Was definitely pleasantly surprised to find those gear pieces. On a less positive note, I just realized all the gear dress-up is useless with Premier skins who are locked into a single appearance. :smith:

Zur-en-Arrh or gtfo

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I don't even get people who mic up for random-rear end matches.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

McSpanky posted:

I've seen some sicknasty Scarecrow outfits in videos, one was a hood with a voodoo-style skull plate and stitched leather chestpiece and the other was a fedora, raggedy long coat and plague doctor's mask that was creepy as gently caress. His sets are incredible.

The Demon Shader looks loving great on all his stuff too.

So if the boss mission is 30/30 I'm just out of luck for it? I just got 20 on my first character last night

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Yeah but it's balanced by the fact he's loving Aquaman

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Remember in the 90s when he was cool for 5 minutes and had the hook hand?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Android Blues posted:

It would be way cooler if Aquaman talked to fish. I don't get why that's a running gag where characters make fun of him for stuff, having a bunch of magical realism ocean friends is a cool superpower.

Outside of the ocean he has super strength which is like the bare minimum baseline requirement for the Justice League (Batman gets a pass without it because he has sick blackmail info on all of them)

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
It also doesn't help that Aquaman's orange mesh and green pants design looked real stupid.

At least Darkseid looks badass even if a cartoon is ruining him

Gaz-L posted:

It's also weird because you don't get the same amount of jokes about Namor over at Marvel. And the literal only difference between them is the fish talking thing. And Namor compensates for that by being able to fly because he has itty bitty wings on his feet.

They also don't constantly try to cram Namor down readers' throats like Aquaman which is a big difference.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Aphrodite posted:

That's only because they made him a mutant and don't have movie rights to him.

Namor is Marvel's first superhero. They'd be pushing the hell out of him if they had movie rights.

Nah even in the past before comic movies were a thing, he's show up and sometimes be on an Avengers squad but he wasn't in places he didn't belong, and he was generally in squads where super strength actually filled a niche the team needed.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

big cummers ONLY posted:

RE: what boxes to buy, apparently you can go infinite if you have enough level 20 characters. Sell value increases with level requirement and a guy posted about opening thousands of bronze boxes and having more credits than he started with. Not sure what all he was selling though.

This sounds like a nightmarish existence

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
lol coolest man alive Jason Momoa will be playing him in the movie and it's still like "ehhhhh might not be too embarrassing?"

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I think I need a nap - I have been playing ranked since 5:30ish am. The cat's on a diet and always wakes me up by walking all ontop of me because he wants food haha! = Maybe I should start playing Atrocitus so I can use Dex-Star since the cats that aren't mine seem to be obsessed with me.

Source ur quotes

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Who has really easy combos for babbies? I've been playing Darkseid but the only punish combos I whip out when omega spam fails me is 1,2,3,2 and I feel like o could be doing more.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
When should I use Darkseid's trait? It seems very slow and I don't know its purpose.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

fadam posted:

Don't watch Arrow lol. Don't watch any of the CW shows. Actually just don't watch any CW shows at all tbh
Nah dude, The Flash is super loving fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Calaveron posted:

I just spent 20 minutes going through every character and seeing what all their gear and colors look like
This game is so good

It really bums me out that the premium skins are fixed, because the gear and shaders are so interesting that it makes me never want to use them

• Locked thread