Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

DLC Inc posted:

if/when DC and WB decides to take another crack at a Green Lantern film, I hope they find a way to get Atrocitus in there because this dude owns and I didn't know who he was until the game. dude is just a really hamfisted rep for an angry club of guys and gals who like to punch poo poo and vomit acidblood.

He's a fun character but is also extremely prone to navelgazing soliloquy in the comics, which may surprise you given his concept. New 52 Red Lanterns got a little painful at points because of it, with whole pages devoted to him monologing dramatically when I just wanted him to wreck some fools. One of the random quotes you see in the online mode menus is actually Dex-Starr calling him out on this.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

Why does he have a kitty

E: like what's the lore reason

He's a legit red lantern and is just extremely loyal to Atrocitus when nearly all reds are mindless berserkers.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Meridian posted:

Goons. WarEternal and I are putting a lobby together, come fight mans. Room is called Goon.

I came, I room'd, I pew pew laser'd.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Jimmy Hats posted:

You left right as I joined!! My poor feelings :(

Oh nooooo I had already been at it awhile. I'll keep my eyes open for more, but I'm at family for the holiday weekend, so alas.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Empress Brosephine posted:

Spawn is so dumb.

But all comic book mans are dumb soooo :iiam:

Spawn's bad rep has as much to do with his creator as the character himself.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Most of it wasn't that funny but I laughed at learning Flash and I lost my poo poo at "die" at the end.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

fadam posted:

Dr. Fate's healing field has to be one of the worst moves in fighting game history.

Dan's super taunt in Alpha.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Is Bane loving Batman up/Azrael still in continuity with current modern comics, by the way

The backbreaking is in an older timeline but they reference the everloving poo poo out of it so it might as well be.

Azrael is still in continuity but is much more amicable with B-Money now; he's a prominent character in Detective Comics.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Nice, congratulations.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Norns posted:

I just spam omega beams and punish jumpins

You're doing God's work, my good man.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I really liked the recent story arc that posited that Bane and Bruce Wayne were pretty much the same person forced to grow up in opposite environments.

Edit: that also concluded with Bane rip and tearing his way through the majority of Arkham's population.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jun 5, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Grem posted:

Goon Squad is gonna have room in an hour.

As much as I want to be, I recognize I haven't been active recently, so feel free to prune me if necessary. PSN: Sahaal.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I may seriously have had 0 contribution last week, haha. I'll have to check tonight.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Just want to state that I find it absolutely hilarious whenever my AI fighter nets me a trophy.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

hup posted:

Yeah, why is Spawn rumored at all?

Because he was in Soul Calibur and people think it's funny to insinuate he'll be in another fighting game.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

I'm not even entirely sure they still publish Spawn, to be honest.

edit: I just looked it up and it's on like issue 300 because nothing ever dies unless it's good

Believe it or not I'm actually a semi-regular reader of Spawn to this day because I read it as a stupid 90s child growing up. I have a sort of twisted enjoyment of it precisely because it's so asinine even by comic standards - it's my lowbrow vice alongside Warhammer novels.

E: just because I'm a masochist for going to bat for stupid things, there are some good ideas in Spawn but they're pretty much always bogged down by the comic trying way WAY too hard.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 6, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

So is he actually publicly available now? I may take him for a test drive tonight if so.

E: guess not, oh well.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I'm actually kinda hype for Starfire. I love Teen Titans.

I hope she is next.

Starfire had kind of a rocky path of character development in recent years. Like somebody said previously, the cartoon version of her is a very cleaned up rendition of her comic personality. It'll be interesting to see how she's presented in the game.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Surprise, all the Teen Titans have been replaced by Kombat Kidz.

I'm ok with this.

Jimmy Hats posted:

I'm still holding out for it to be Johnny Cage wearing Raiden's hat

I'm so loving ok with this I don't even

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

and of course there's a mirror available already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkiGosnUpxw

Ah HAH, I put my stupid logo in the lower right corner now! NOW I AM THE YOUTUBE KING!

Edit: looks like the original you posted may have been taken down, so hey, timely.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Wanderer posted:

It seems like the voice actors' strike really hurt this game in particular. It's not just the DLC characters; there's a lot of recycling going on in the out-of-the-box cast's lines as well, particularly vs. Darkseid.

I wasn't aware of the strike, that's interesting. As a primarily Darkseid player, I think Wonder Woman is the sole character with original dialogue for him.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I feel like they kind of missed an opportunity to really get weird with Joker's anachronistic status. I'm not sure whether it would be amusing or annoying for him to have a heavier presence in the story with a deliberate lack of explanation. Him being a mystery with no solution may have been interesting.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Not me.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

He's not so bad in his current run so far, but yeah, traditionally he's been as shallow as the game suggests. Not to say he hasn't had his moments, though.

He's a better Robin than Damian any day of the week, in my humble opinion.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

Somehow, Black Adam is the least douchey Regime member.

I think that's because he's been in the authoritarian game for way longer than the others, and has been sufficiently adept at it that he has the loyalty and trust of most of his people. Methods aside, Adam does sincerely care about his nation and its wellbeing, while for Supes and WW it's largely a matter of their own self indulgence.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

the worst is either Joker saying "THANK YOU" to random poo poo, or Harley Quinn replying "YUH SWEETHAHT" to threats against her

It's extremely prevalent in both the intros and the clashes. Usually I can let it go, but you occasionally get an especially dissonant one that makes you wonder if they're even talking to each other.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

THAT WELL'S BEEN POISONED

I'm Batman.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They seem to be running events regularly that give a full epic set for a character. I've gotten full sets for Wonder Woman, Poison Ivy, and Atrocitus that way and Supergirl is up right now.

They seem to have a new character specific one roughly every 24 hours - it's pretty sweet.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Everyone laughed at me when I predicted the Bad Mr. Frosty DLC, but look at you fuckers now.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Holy poo poo that's a bad design.

The arms are a little much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

hup posted:

I like that Grodd just apparently carries multiple skulls with him at all times

He plays it off like he's being intimidating but the truth is those things are just fragile as hell and he doesn't know his own strength.

• Locked thread