Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I'm gonna be playing Bane and breaking all the puny Batmen over my knee again like in the good old days, thanks for reading.

Also if I'm dumb enough at the time, I might get the bad with money edition so I can replace boring rear end Hal Jordan with Phil LaMarr John Stewart.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Poison Ivy's hair looks really weird, like it's starting too far back on her head.

Also I can deal with that Bane but yeah, hopefully they'll get on some throwback costumes for him quick enough.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I'd pay good money for a Guy Gardner to replace Hal.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

poo poo yeah, I can get behind some of this.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

If there's another MKX faction system thing, you bet your rear end I'm signing up for Grodd's Goons :allears:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Wanderer posted:

That sounds a lot like Steve Blum as Hal.

There's got to be some kind of corollary that once your voice cast goes up above a certain number of actors, Blum just kind of shows up.

He's in practically everything it's true, if he's not a main or side character, he'll be a generic mook at least.

I can't even formulate a decent list anymore of games where I'll just be going along and then I'll hear the Spike voice come out of some soldierman or another.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What? That video is a whopping 12 minutes.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Wanderer posted:

So, if I understand correctly, the host of this is a pro wrestler who does this as a side gig for fun. Who are the other people with him? Also wrestlers?

Yep, him and his other buddy there with him in a bunch of their videos are part of a 3 guy group called The New Day.

They're pretty goofy great goofy+great. He's also had their 3rd guy there (Big E) on to play junk with him too, as well as other random pro wrestlers that wanna mess around.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 14, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

I'm surprised NRS didn't opt for Power Girl first and make Super Girl her DLC in that case. She seems right up their alley.

I mean they've taken pretty good leaps from game to game about how they make their lady characters, Sonya, Cassie, Jacqui etc. actually look cool in MKX and have outfits that don't make them look like strippers. Kitana, Mileena and the ninjas still have some titty to them but drat if it isn't a whole, whole lot better than they were just a game ago in MK9.

Like from

to

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 21, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

HebrewMagic posted:

If red hood becomes playable I will tattoo ed boon's face on my chest

:toxx: this or no guts

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

All of them were rough as gently caress at the start and have gotten better. The gulf between this and even MKX is huge, it's still impressive by how much they improved since then.

And the jump from Injustice to MKX was mindblowing. Like for anything you can fault Netherrealm over, it's not a lack of trying to improve.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

And Black Adam looked okay at my paused video glance? He just looks like an indian or middle eastern duder with superpowers.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

Superman is the strongest and nobody can ever beat him really

Supes wasn't doing too hot for a while there faced with Shazam's mighty package.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

Then the Ubermensch decides he's just gonna perform heat vision brain surgery on Shazman.

Less so in this case, more he gets a whole hell of a lot of lighting rained down on his rear end.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The only time Superman's been interesting in a long while was Red Son.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Was already excited for Bane and Grodd, even moreso now. :flashfap:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Technowolf posted:

He actually became Fear itself.

:getin:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

That's actually pretty loving awesome.

Even if he didn't do a ton in it, Scarecrow got some cool bits in Blackest Night.

He's so screwed up that the black lanterns can't even see him, because he feels a big fat nothing at their spooky monster chaos.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

Kotal Kahn getting chumped and looking like an idiot in MKX's story instead of joining hands with the special forces was legit bad. then again MKX is one big "haha I tricked you!!!!" especially with loving Scorpion; the Good Guys always fall for it.

Kotal and his guys were really the biggest missed opportunity of MKX, he had some of the neatest people in the roster on his side and they were mostly new characters too, Erron Black's cool, Ferra/Torr are cool, D'vorah is alright, Ermac's cool, Reptile is as ever doofy but good.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Senerio posted:

I wound up really liking Team Cassie by the end, though.

Takeda and Erron Black are definitely still fighting over that "Best new character" spot for me, character, visual and gameplay they were both really strong entries.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Firestorm will end up being the new Jacqui, excessive zoning people get angry about and gets you more racial slurs than usual.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

fadam posted:

What's the time stamp on the Mr. Freeze reskin in that new video? I can't find it.

Don't have the timestamp on-hand but they're flicking through Cold's shaders and at the bottom is one with a really blatant Mister Freeze head on it, little blueish bald head with red goggle eyes.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Hal Jordan is a loving moron

HalJordan.txt

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Apr 15, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Guy is dumb+great and I'd absolutely throw down some dollars for him.

:q:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I stand by Grodd's Goons, carrying on the proud tradition like Hercule's Heroes and all the others.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

How about some completely unfounded "leaks"?

Even if this is bull, I'd go absolutely crazy if we got Ron Perlman voicing Hellboy again.

Also to be honest as bleh as the movie was, I started to dig Leto Joker on design barring the ever-stupid DAMAGED, so I'm good with this new clown.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 27, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

:lol: at the comments saying these aren't as over the top or as good as the first game ones.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

That's sort of his problem yeah, unless they went with a really out there version of him where he could do something special, he'd probably just be Bane minus the wrestling but with some biting.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

I know I'm a weirdo for liking Injustice 1 Joker but I for one thought this Joker looked real fun. Much like 1 he'll probably not be my main by any means, but I'll enjoy him if he plays near the same.

Also I kinda dig the whole 'crazy hobo style' he has going on.

Very much :same: to all of that, Injustice 1 Joker might have been bottom tier and hell 2 could be as well, but a character being bad has never stopped me from playing or enjoying them.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Supersonic Shine posted:

IGN put up a small collection of intro conversations, really only notable because it features Hal calling Ollie an SJW.

Just makes John Stewart an even better option.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Human Cyrax and Sektor were too good for this world.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

How about handsome Lobo?

I'm so glad they didn't try to be bullheaded and just flushed this design.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Bane was always worth playing and same will go for Bane 2.0 :colbert:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

The smash bros tournament community shouldn't be used as a predictive model of anything but thrown controllers feces.

Ftfy

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

tomorrow, ed boon is going to reveal Gabriel Angelos, Chapter Master of the Blood Ravens Space Marine Chapter from the Hit Game Dawn of War III

Would legit love something this dumb and out of nothing, though even better if it was Boreale or Diomedes or one of the others with real thick speech issues.

STEADY YOURSELF BRUTHAS, YOU HAVE CAPTAIN DIOMEDES.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

lmbo

E:

Raiden is fitting for the whole 'gods among us thing' but just lmbo at Starfire and Red Hood. This is like when they added Skarlet and Tremor. :sad:

Tremor was cool as hell though :colbert:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

fadam posted:

I hope Red Hood keeps up the trend of NRS DLC characters being strong so he's ubiquitous at tournaments.

It's kind of a toss-up on their DLC guys really, like the only problem entries in MKX were Tanya and then Alien, Jason was real good for a while but he kinda fell through. Injustice 1 obviously Batgirl was a menace and then Manhunter was crazy. MK9 I'm trying to remember, Kratos wasn't allowed so he doesn't really count, Freddy was good but Kabal and Cyrax were leaps above him anyway.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Scarlet, Rain, Kenshi were the others for 9.

At least Kenshi I remember seeing a lot of.

Nah I remember everyone, I was just trying to think of the real goofy ones from each game, but yeah I always forget Kenshi was around too.

But pretty much the idea is that despite those couple in each game, the others were either fine/good or bad, so here's hoping Red Hood gets dealt one of those instead of getting to be Tanya 2.0 or something.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Have you literally never heard trash talk before

I mean that was more 'Make yourself look like an enormous douche' talk.

A good watch though. :allears:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 13:50 on May 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The whole fighting game scene is probably one of the most diverse and cool with it groups I've been around honestly, I don't know where people get all this "THE FGC IS SO BAD" stuff from either unless their only exposure to it is like particularly crap locals. The mention of trans stuff especially like what, Ricki Ortiz, Kayo Police, whatever Gllty's deal is, any time I've ever seen anyone say gross poo poo about them it's pretty much always met with an immediate "Go gently caress yourself" from like 100 different sides.

• Locked thread