Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

HMS Beagle posted:

It's nice that this one looks much more like a game than the previous Netherrealm mobile titles. Will make unlocking costumes much less of a chore, though lord knows I spent enough time trying to unlock Mad Scientist Bray Wyatt in Immortals.

This looks basically the same as the mkx mobile game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

guys twitter name is misleading, I thought we had confirmation of constantine for a second.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Jimmy Hats posted:

I really hope they just leave joker out of it since he's fukkin dead

Do we know if all of the characters are Injustice universe only, or if we'll have characters/versions of characters from the regular DC universe as well, like before.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Injustice-verse Green Arrow is dead, and black canary has been emigrated.

Since canary is in the game, that does imply some sort of alt-verse shenanigans.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Xeremides posted:

I wonder how he came back. He was stuck with Gilbert Gottfried and Trigon last time I read.

Don't know how, but him and zatanna are chilling in his weird house as of the current run.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Looks like the characters are split up into multiple factions?

Gorilla Grod's group( Grod, Bane, Cheetah, Poison Ivy, Cold)
Bat Family (Batman, Green Arrow, Canary, Green Lantern(?), Flash(?))
The Regime (Superman, Wonderwoman, Cyborg, Robin)
External Threat (Atroticus, Darkseid, Braniac)

I'm obviously leaving confirmed characters out, since I'm not sure how to group them together.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Shouldn't his ring be glowing, not the finger next to his ring?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Kurtofan posted:

alternate universes man, this is like peak comics

Don't read this then.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

Can I attach this gigantic summary in the OP because this owns and I wish more of it had been actually depicted in the games. It's like they took out all the cool poo poo and the story mode we got was a very sanitized one.

Considering most of it hadn't been written when the game was released

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Why are we talking about Joker as if he was confirmed to be in? Last I heard we had no information on him at all, and people were assuming he was going to stay dead.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I seem to recall some marketing material specifically saying that it wasn't Jason Todd and was definitely someone new. Essentially outright lying.

I thought the joker storyline in City was well done, and should have been the main storyline, with some generic mob boss or penguin as the B plot. Game would have been a ton better.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Captain Cold looks way better than I expected. Like, from totally discounted to contender for main, better.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

fadam posted:

Are there going to be default gear sets for each character? Some of these new gear moves seem rad but I can't see them ever being used in tournaments if they have to be manually equipped etc.

I don't know if it's a dev feature or not, but in one of the streams they were switching between "loadouts" that had been preconfigured.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Kurtofan posted:

reading injustice year three right now and constantine really needs to be a dlc character

What would he do? Stand in the back and con the other characters to fight for him?

I love Constantine, but don't see how he'd fit in a game like this.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Steel confirmed DLC.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

wow Deadshot looks even more annoying than Deathstroke or Jacqui Briggs with the speed of all these gunshots, jesus. I wonder if he'll have a lower health pool or something to balance that all out.

I like his rocket jump.

edit: Black Adam's palace is loving epic.

The Fool fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 20, 2017

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Preview for issue 3

I guess it might be Bruce after all. Then again

I currently can't imagine this batman being anyone other than Jason Todd.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

HebrewMagic posted:

I hope it's just an undecipherable knot of convoluted half thought character reveals that pays off with the wettest fart

Here is someone that won't be disappointed on Friday.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

No idea if Mark Hamill is Joker this time around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtU5Ovz61BY

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

GameRiot has some video showing off "Multiverse" gameplay mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVSjqyCvXP8

Screen cap from youtube.

Top Row: Cyborg, Green Lantern, Flash, Grodd, Aquaman, Atrocitus, Batman, Superman, Supergirl, Dr. Fate, Robin, Bane, Scarecrow, Catwoman.
Bottom Row: Locked, Green Arrow, Captain Cold, Cheetah, Swamp Thing, Blue Beetle, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman, Deadshot, Black Canary, Firestorm, Poison Ivy, Black Adam, Locked.

One of the locked slots should be Joker, the other should be Darkseid.

Also, in addition to the event streaming on youtube on Friday, there is another event streaming on Facebook on Thursday.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Canary and Harley intro is my favorite.

Harley + Bird's of Prey being BFF's in the comic was a nice touch.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Is Kara complety new to earth or was she just on space spring break this whole time?

New to earth in this universe.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://www.facebook.com/events/291497354623423/

Facebook Live event this afternoon/tonight. Supposed to cover game modes.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

FunkMonkey posted:

They've stated that the comic tie in is a prequel story to the game.

So was Injustice 1, but there are plenty of story lines that resolve themselves within the comic without having any impact on the game story line.

This Jason Todd story line could easily resolve itself outside of any game context.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Yeah, I can get not wanted the stat bonuses in multiplayer, but I don't see how the moveset changes are going to be any worse than the variations in MKX.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Crowetron posted:

I liked Hawkgirl mostly for the fantastic sound effects for smashin' some dudes face with a spiked mace. I also thought she had some good options for getting in and generally decent mobility. Her trait was up there with Cyborg's in terms of uselessness though.

As an aside, this is probably an old question, but do I really have to shell out 100 bucks to play as my fav space cop John Stewart?

Only if you can't wait a couple weeks.

Historically, pre-order DLC has been made available for individual purchase at some point after the game launches. Probably cost $5 or less

vv- MKX single characters are $4.99 on XBONE

The Fool fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 4, 2017

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

- Constantine, the Keanu Reeves version

Actually, this version of Constantine would be the most appropriate for a fighting game.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

It's super weird. Most people just want to jump in to the arcade/story mode because that's the entire game to them and multiplayer is just like an extra thing to do if they have friends over/are bored.

That's me.

I really don't ever play multiplayer in fighting games unless it's a party and we're all drunk. The new generation of MK and the Injustice games have been great for that.

However, I got a ton of play out of the living tower modes in MKX, and look forward to the Multiverse game mode for Injustice 2.

I don't really remember enjoying the extra game modes as much in MK9 and Injustice:GAU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Sidekicks and Character Assists!

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

You can also control the beams when you meter burn them.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

^^- The marketing timeline is paralleling MKX pretty closely. I would expect similar release time frames for DLC.

fadam posted:

Am I missing something, where are you guys reading that DLC pack 1 is available on release?

You're not, they're dumb.

They explicitly said in the last stream that the DLC characters are not ready.

If they follow the same release schedule as MKX, the first character will be release 1-2 weeks after launch.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

The Gooniety

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Kelp Plankton posted:

Did any region get the Android version yet? I'd be cool with just running the APK

i need an injustice fix and the first mobile game aint doin it

iOS was soft launched in the Philippines, but a ton of content was turned off.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

If that summary of chapter 1 is right, some of the comic became non-canon.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

fadam posted:

Don't think so. After what happened with MKX I'd stay far, far away from any PC port they release, though.

If they do it in house it should be fine.

The problems were with the studio that did the port, not NRS. After NRS took control of the PC port back, the fixed just about everything.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

I can't imagine they'd just throw another hosed-up port at the wall yet again outright when it already has an indefinite delay.

Weren't Mad Max, Just Cause 3, and Shadow of Mordor all optimized great for PC? poo poo only hit the fan with Arkham Knight and MKX to my knowledge

It's even funnier because Mad Max and Arkham Knight were released within a couple weeks of each other.

The point being that the game being published by WB is almost irrelevent, attention must be paid to which studio is actually doing the work.

Monolith, Avalanche, and NRS all seem to do good work. High Voltage (MKX) and Iron Galaxy(Arkham Knight) should probably be avoided.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Getting anxious about the lack of shipping notice from amazon. :supaburn:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

This is killing me.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Are guilds multi-platform, or will us xbone players be left in the cold? all three of us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

A filthy casuals hot take after playing through half of the story mode last night:

Good:
Flash
Green Lantern
Harley
Batman

Not as good:
Green Arrow
Blue Beetle

Overall, game is great.

• Locked thread