Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

What are the odds today's stream give us more info about the DLC?

Also, I hope Jason gets this as part of his gear

I hope Jason gets this as part of his gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Is the stream recording up yet? nevermind, found it

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 6, 2017

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Darkseid and Grodd look right up my alley, I love big bruisers with some ranged options and short combos. I've only been playing Injustice 1 for a few days and haven't gone through the whole roster yet but so far Solomon Grundy is totally my jam.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

^^^ lol

CharlestonJew posted:

i heard ed boon carried a printer for a mile to Scorpion's house

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I have no opinion about the broader FGC, I just wanted Punk to shove his "whine about everything under the sun except his own ability causing his 10-0 loss" schtick up his rear end. That isn't trash talking, it's just being bitchmade about getting wrecked. Being the Andy Dick of gamers is a lovely "brand", don't defend that garbage just because he has skills.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

he was joking. he was literally smiling and laughing the whole time he was making excuses, and the crowd was laughing alongside him

Either you're right or he was lamely trying to play off getting destroyed while the crowd laughed at him, either way that supposedly friendly exhibition match was an unpleasant watch and his gimmick blows.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FunkMonkey posted:

I'm sure perceptions will change after people get a significant amount of time with the game. I'm excited to play Darkseid, but I also see features of him that make me think people might be overestimating him due to hype. Not that this will stop me from enjoying working on him, of course. I've always been a sucker for zoner characters whose goal is to control the field.

Hey, at least Darkseid is a complete character this time around. If you remember what he was like in MKvsDC -- or to really go wayback, that Justice League SFII clone for SNES/Genesis -- this is by far the most respect he's gotten in a fighter in decades.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Martian Goonhunter

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

5 of the 6 remaining dlcs are Scorpion and the 6th is revealed in the file structure to be someone named "Mega Scorpion".

The female outline is Scorpina

And introducing the un-undead ninja Noiprocs!

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 9, 2017

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Roth posted:

All the other bios are establishing why the character is in the position they are in at the start of Injustice's story. These are basically just the intro paragraph you could find on Wikipedia for the character.

Sub-Zero's doesn't even go as far as Scorpion's does from the last one in tossing off a token explanation for his presence in this dimension.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

After MK9, NRS moved away from ridiculous beachball breasts. The comparison between MK9 to MKX is starkly notable and is way better.

those are still giant titties though so idk what else to say

True but it's still notable that they're within the human(oid) norm, Wonder Woman in the last game was swinging bowling balls.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

MrJacobs posted:

I just want premium classic costumes for every character. 1970s and 80s versions of everybody preferably looking like they are wearing a halloween costume due to the realistic graphics. Still pisses me off that only the Teen Titans characters got them in IJ1

I'm not super mad (heh) about it but it's pretty weird that Superman had a dozen skins and the only one with trunks was Cyborg Superman

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

If it allows a more diverse set of playstyles be more effective, I'm all for it. Variety is the spice of gaming.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

How ironic is it that the one guy who should absolutely be decked out in heavy armor and headgear is instead wearing a PVC jumpsuit with a bare head and arms?

Extremely, the answer is extremely. And even moreso that he can't benefit from the gear system to change his look.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Roth posted:

Freeze never looks right to me without his head being inside of some glass case thing.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Freeze just looks wrong without the dome

:yeah:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Roth posted:

This looks like a terrible deviantart redesign.

Hi, I see you're unfamiliar with the nu52.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

i only caught the end of it but they showed off some amazing loadout

https://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm

The stream moved on to aquaman and cyborg showcase

Goddamn how many streams have they hosted this week? Not that I'm complaining.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

turns out Reverse Flash is just Flash loving up his own life to spite himself

Hey, no fair porting spoilers from the TV show.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

fadam posted:

Does anyone know how Cyborg's robot friends work? Do they disappear on hit/block too?

They said on the latest stream that Cyborg's bots don't disappear on hit since they take so long to recharge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCS_-I-7-60

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

Man they pretty much messed up everything with making Freeze.

After seeing him using Captain Cold's moveset and animations I would've been okay waiting for a separate DLC character down the road (and already waiting for the PC version hey, maybe...). In my mind Freeze leans more in the direction of Darkseid, slower and heavier with a bait and counter strategy, modeled after his boss fight in Arkham City. Him being a skin of Cold down to the super just feels weird.

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Either way I set my Echo Dot to remind me and sound and alarm when I can start playing it. I can't wait to try our poison ivy, scarecrow, and Powergirl (does she have her boob window? I couldn't find any good pictures.)

This is her Injustice look:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I guess the game's close enough to officially released that they don't care about story mode spoilers anymore, you can see all the cutscenes on Youtube now.

Superman ending spoilers: I hope Superman of Borg is an unlockable costume, that was some evil poo poo right there

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

bruce wayne giving someone a "get over it" speech is probably the most ironic poo poo of all time and I love it

I know right, I just want one exchange where he says it first so the other person can be like "what did you just say Mr. My Parents Are Deeeaaaaaad?"

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Thanks for the heads-up. I was also interested in Guilty Gear and Tekken but will probably put most of my time into this, so we'll see.

Do people use the thumbstick or the D-pad on the controller? These games don't use quarter circle motions right

IJ1 had an alternate control option that enabled diagonals, I imagine 2 does as well.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

That is because Cyborg is a mediocre character that DC has tried really hard to push since the Reboot. Despite no one caring or wanting them to.

He is also far more associated with the Teen Titans then the Justice League who he really does not make any real sense being part of, nor does he deserve to be a founding Member.

The coolest thing anyone's done with Cyborg in literal decades is making an evil clone of him that looks like the Terminator hate-hosed the Nvidia logo.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I don't know why DC is pushing Cyborg so hard.

Oh wait yes I do. They have very few interesting people of color in their books

And then they sidelined literally everyone else they already had because Geoff Johns gets rubbery for the blandest one of all.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FunkMonkey posted:

Watched a video of all of Joker's intros. I loved how he seriously commits to multiple possible explanations for his presence just to gently caress with people. I'll be interested to see if there's an actual explanation for it once I get my mitts on story mode tomorrow.

And depending on which one (if any) is true, that green gas cloud that he steps out of in one of his intro animations could be Smilex, Scarecrow's fear toxin, miasma from Nekron's deathscape. Just perfect.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

fadam posted:

Here's some footage of Pig of the Hut playing Fate in online matches https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3tcUwRbKRg

I had to unblock comments on this after seeing the rating and yep, it was like cracking open a halite geode. Even a middling player can put up a decent fight with a few MB rolls/bounces but of course everyone's QQing about zone spamming and why all fighting games are terrible (except SFV, which is terrible because it apparently has no zoning). I really wish I had a PS4 right now.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Do the DLC characters have arcade endings? I really wanted to see Darkseid gently caress some poo poo up with Brainiac tech.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FunkMonkey posted:

It only fleetingly comes up. The whole Arkham thing was significantly retconned.

I wonder if the Arkham thing was some kind of miscommunication, it seems strange that they'd go out of their way to pick Zsasz to be the one Damien kills when he has such a notable, if small role in the comic. And thy clearly went out of their way to conform to the comic otherwise, there's non-contradictory references to those events throughout the story/fight intros/etc.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Crowetron posted:

Its mad hosed up that Fate's pain field can still damage you after you hit him into a stage transition, though.

I wonder if you're both at sufficiently low health that you hit Fate into a transition that will kill him during the animation while you also take fatal field damage during the same period, who takes the kill.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

God, so many interlocking armor plates.

Superman is so angular in that getup, he look like a Transformer.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Unlucky7 posted:

At the very least, watch the Superman ending.

Yes, the Batman ending is undoubtedly going to be the "canon" ending going forward for any sequels but the Superman ending is by far the :vince: option.

More broadly, I like the recurring implication throughout the story that this universe is getting increasingly broken by everything turning upside-down and some kind of... what's the word... crisis may be coming.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

nunsexmonkrock posted:

^^^ I hate the phone linking, I was able to link it to get the grid skin, but if I try to do anything else in the app, the whole screen goes blank. - Yeah my phone is old but as long as I can use google maps, make calls and text people, than I am not spending another $400 on one just for a game. I've had it for what, I dunno 4ish years now.

Get Nox or Bluestacks, one of those should be able to run the game well enough to grind out some unlockables.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

it's very in character of her to think that she'd be a star sapphire though. injustice wondy is incredibly deluded and hosed up

honestly shes more of a factor in superman's downfall than lois

Indeed, it's probably also a reference to the comics where she was a Star Sapphire once during the Corps Wars.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I'm certain I'm the only person in 2017 who still cares about this, but does anyone have a WBID with all of the Injustice One mobile game unlocks they'd be willing to let me borrow? I just got the main game while we're waiting for the PC port of 2 and I'd love to bypass the mobile grind.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jimmy Hats posted:

Holy gently caress darkseids super gets blocked if you throw an interactable into it

Legit tactic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aWLS4UAdgo

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jimmy Hats posted:

health is a gear stat

Differential HP is baked into the character and gear HP values just modify it while defense is 100% a gear stat, with gear disabled it completely vanishes from the equation. Like an RPG with separate HP and armor values, and different classes have different base HPs.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

big cummers ONLY posted:

So does competitive mode include no abilities? Like Robin's staff? I wanted to watch Robin's AI for a bit before I played him and it looks really cool and flashy. I will be very sad if I never get to see someone win a tournament with a staff Robin.

Yes and it's super disappointing.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I've seen some sicknasty Scarecrow outfits in videos, one was a hood with a voodoo-style skull plate and stitched leather chestpiece and the other was a fedora, raggedy long coat and plague doctor's mask that was creepy as gently caress. His sets are incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Roth posted:

I even like the dumb low level stuff that barely adds anything except for metal plates and poo poo.

Feels like I'm 90s-ifying the characters, and am now Rob Liefeld.

I think every character should have a 90s Premier skin that just gives them pouches and that weird headband thing Shaft from Youngblood wore.

Superman has clearly embraced his inner Gambit this time around.

• Locked thread