Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Funky Valentine posted:

Superfriends is to blame, but then again Superfriends made Darkseid look lame so really its a wonder the reputation stuck with Fishman.

Darkseid is incredibly lame.

He named himself Darkseid, and he's a math nerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

They also don't constantly try to cram Namor down readers' throats like Aquaman which is a big difference.

That's only because they made him a mutant and don't have movie rights to him.

Namor is Marvel's first superhero. They'd be pushing the hell out of him if they had movie rights.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

big cummers ONLY posted:

RE: what boxes to buy, apparently you can go infinite if you have enough level 20 characters. Sell value increases with level requirement and a guy posted about opening thousands of bronze boxes and having more credits than he started with. Not sure what all he was selling though.

I saw that post. 1 blue item is nearly even, 2 is a profit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aquaman starring Vincent Chase was the highest grossing movie of all time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jimmy Hats posted:

Yeah ever since they started doing chapter style story modes in MKvsDC they've always had a few dudes who didn't get a chapter.

Only about 3 characters classified as villains get chapters.

(The right side of the character select screen.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

if/when DC and WB decides to take another crack at a Green Lantern film, I hope they find a way to get Atrocitus in there because this dude owns and I didn't know who he was until the game. dude is just a really hamfisted rep for an angry club of guys and gals who like to punch poo poo and vomit acidblood.

Atrocitus is actually the guy who is responsible for Hal Jordan getting his ring (he kills the previous Green Lantern of Earth's sector), so working him in wouldn't be too difficult.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

holy poo poo he killed Abin Sur? Never knew that, that's wild.

It's a recent retcon, but yeah.

Atrocitus and his imprisoned buddies are the ones who put all the ideas about Blackest Night and death prophecies in Abin Sur's head that lead to his paranoia about using his ring and eventually his death when he tries to bring Atrocitus to show him where Earth is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jmcrofts posted:

Why does he have a kitty

E: like what's the lore reason

Dexstarr was a stray cat a woman rescued and took home.

He's a good kitty.

Red rings seek out people, animals, creatures etc. with a lot of rage.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DaveKap posted:

Am I alone in thinking this is the shallowest origin story ever?
Note: I am not much of a comic book reader.

It's from a comic that fit like 3 origins into 20 pages.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

Today in "Why nerds need to get wedgies again"...

Much like Wonder Woman hurr hurr

The second one does look dumb if you don't make those both the same color channel though.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They adjusted the way they design female characters with MKX and the feedback was overwhelmingly positive, so that probably played as big a part as anything else.

The beta had all kinds of bikini tops for Canary still. They seemingly removed them from the release game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Senerio posted:

There's a .85x AI Score Modifier if you use it, but otherwise nothing for using an AI fighter as far as I saw.

The AI also won't attempt to do any of the in-fight objectives which with the .85 multiplier usually means they won't get you to Gold.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarEternal posted:

Literally the only thing you need to do to get gold is end 25% of your matches with a super and not lose any rounds.

Right, it's easy to get gold yourself. The AI will miss it more often than not.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarEternal posted:

You could just play the game against people and not the AI.

That's exactly what he's saying.

Play people, AI loot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arrow has 3 pretty good seasons (out of 5 total) but it is not at all the same character as the Green Arrow in the game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's always been Batman with a bow. He has a car and a plane and a cave.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Carebearz posted:

The NOT Arrow show Green Arrow was always a witty and fun character imho.

the Arrow show made him too edgy to me.

Yeah but that's because so was Batman once.

Now new Green Arrows are the modern Batman.

Carebearz posted:

The Flash is a decent show though

The Flash is by a significant margin the worst one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also comic Static isn't at all the cartoon you remember.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Although a Joker Red Hood would be cool. Character power Cower, supermove Fall into Vat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

Having full character doesn't do the trick either for cat woman reincarnation hmmmm

It's an ability unlock called Nine Lives. You need full Scratch for it to trigger and it replaces using Scratch for an attack.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Wonder Woman tie in is gear, not a skin.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There won't even be 1 guild worth of people left a month from now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Why'd they redesign the Joker anyway? He doesn't even look like he looks in Suicide Squad. He just looks gross and oily and greasy and like some guy just got into his girlfriend's makeup and not in an interesting way

Well he's Harley's fear hallucination, and she's kind of crazy so...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well now we know which superheroes that guy wants to gently caress.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Booster's not just still around but there's 3 versions of him from different timeline changes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

These fights actually buff you, it's pretty much a gimme.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Uh one of them does, one tower has that stupid modifier bullshit like usual. Who thinks it's fun for all your attacks to get interrupted by an electrified floor every 1.5 seconds

You can still get ones that affect both of you. But on that tower the beneficial ones are given to you, not the opponent.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fadam posted:

I know there's a meme on SA about Red Hood being lame but I have a hard time imagining anyone watching that trailer and not thinking its rad as hell.

It's not a meme, Red Hood is the worst.

But that doesn't mean he won't be fun to play.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The appearance copy thing is so insanely expensive, it doesn't really matter if they're not epics anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's too many Titans.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I am a total scrub at fighting games but from what I've heard others say, that sounds like Canary.

From yesterday:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147862588

At 1:51:55 in this she completely wrecks the Robin in the corner.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 29, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The boots/pants in the movie set are real bad.

The XP on jump mod seems to be permanent and it looks like consumes a lot of stat points to get it there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You'll have to do one tower yourself if you want the objectives, since the AI is unlikely to land 5 supers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Darkseid doesn't care about Earth's problems.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

And why doesn't Superman just fly off into space when he's getting his rear end beat? Where does Harley keep getting all those mallets from? Why am I gay?

Kryptonite knife, your rear end, and music television. Respectively.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

jaik3n posted:

How do you get the AI to run towers for you? and does that also work for guild multiverse stuff?

Press the loadout button (Square on PS4, presumably X on Xbox) and choose one of your AI loadouts.

It doesn't work on guild multiverse.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you follow the level recommendations of the tower they should reliably win as long as a modifier isn't too crippling.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BinaryDoubts posted:

All of Black Canary's gear looks the same but she's my fave so far. I'm awful at fighting games but I've managed to figure out a few combos on my own (not just following the listed ones) with her - all of her attacks seem to flow together so well. I'm also levelling Supergirl because I like her but she seems a lot harder to combo with as a complete scrub.

There seems to be a ton of variations on the body suit but the jacket mostly covers it up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, abilities and I guess keep some for looks in game modes where gear doesn't matter.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You know you can copy and paste loadouts right? Just do that and change the shader back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The arrows have different commands. DF4, DB4, and DD4.

You block throws by pressing throw yourself just as they grab you. But some characters have what are called command throws which are done by regular special move inputs (hence "command") and can be blocked normally, but not broken out of like a regular throw if they grab you.

Nearly all specials have a meter burn. Most likely you're not doing it at the right point in the move. Some need to be on impact, some can only be before impact, etc. for example GA's arrow shot is burned while holding the arrow still to turn it into a boxing glove arrow. His slide is burned on contact for an extra hit, a knock back I think? Most of the time meter burns add a knock or early escape from the animation for combo opportunity. Some simply add damage though.

• Locked thread