Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I feel like to really get the hatred of Mario party going you need to have four real players. It's too easy just to dick on the CPU as a team otherwise.

That's true. It would escalate a lot faster for us with more players but we only have each other sadly. We also think that it will get more competitive once we get past the first game or so. I never played the first 3 games but the 4th game was my favorite growing up. I will definitely feel the need to kick Michael's butt then for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

get that OUT of my face posted:

Calli sounded so saccharine sweet throughout this video. Except for when she let out a disgusting belch.

I think I was having a really good day when we recorded these episodes. I'm usually pretty tired from work and don't feel like trying to act sweet and caring. On days where I get a lot of rest and some good food, I'm usually a lot happier then. As for the burping...I try my best.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Bruceski posted:

And it increases the odds of finishing the LP before 2020.

Yeah. We didn't do the math of how long this would take until you brought that up so good thing we will know divide the time in half with having a weekly update instead of a bi weekly update....perhaps we should update twice a week eventually but we will see. Lets just start with once a week for now.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Sathzur posted:

I'm sure Calli said as soon as Daisy became available she'd switch to her.

Yes i did! I love Daisy but she isn't in the games till Mario Party 3 I believe? So I'll be playing as Peach until Dasiy becomes available.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I'm now very confused as to whether you have a son, a dog or both.

Both. Technically both is the answer.

Teddy is our small little puppy, he is three years old, and we consider him our son since we don't have any human children.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Zanzibar Ham posted:

So... What was in the empanadas? :v:

Seriously, I've been in the mood for an empanada for ages now, I don't know anywhere nearby to get one that might actually be good (or at least good enough for me).

Anyway, gonna guess that Yoshi wins, because it's his board! Makes as much sense as anything.

I still have no idea. It's either beef and chicken and then some vegetables. It's all ground up so even looking at it I can't tell and the box is always gone before I can read it for the ingredients so I've given up hope.

Bruceski posted:

It sounds like your co-worker has a latex allergy. If so, that's rather easy to accommodate (simply using different gloves) and can be ADA lawsuit-worthy if serious enough and ignored.

She might but it's more of she is lazy as hell and wants to be treated like she is special. She now even has her own box for these gloves. Apparently people were using her gloves so soap and water would get in and that irritated her hands. I respect anyone who has allergies. I just don't believe she does.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Edvarius posted:

I can't really blame people who are asking for directions in the grocery store I work at right now, as we're nearing the end of building an expansion and so everything is getting moved. Like, half the time we don't even know where things are anymore. Our meat is literally on the opposite side of the store from where it was two days ago.

Still get annoyed at the people who expect me to be able to fix everything now. Or earlier today when I had a customer complain that she was getting a flea collar at only 50% off rather than 25% because she misread our sign.

I think the thing is that there are reasonable moments in retail and non reasonable moments. I can understand people getting lost in my department because we just rearranged my department which is two shelves. I can understand that. It's the people that come to me and I know you've been here before because I have a good memory for people who I see often in this place and I know you know where seafood is but you still ask me anyway like the big lobster sign was not a clue as in to which direction you should go. Or the people that come to me and ask if we carry a thing and I know we don't have it but they look at me as if I'm hiding it from them. I'm usually happy to help people until they give me the look of "You don't have what i asked for so somehow it is your fault for not carrying this thing."

I love people that misread signs and then I explain it to them. I don't blame people for this in my department since the signs can be misleading if you don't read them carefully but then when I explain it a lot of people act like it is somehow my fault that the sign says what it does. I did not write the sign I printed it. I just print them and put them out. If I could I would give everything for free I would but that is not within my power.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I just started watching this LP and I'm amazed how nice and civil you are in the first few episodes. I hope it'll devolve into snarling and hissing at the end

(no, I don't, stay happy)

Like I've stated I think because I never played the first three growing up that I don't feel as compelled to try and kick Michael's butt at them. Once we get to Mario Party 4 I'm thinking my attitude will change since this is the first Mario Party I grew up with.
Oh and thank you for watching. =)

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Everyone's faith in me is beautiful. I will try and do you all proud!

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Calli, we believed in you. Now I don't have a coin next to my username.

You need to take more drastic measures.

Michael needs to be sabotaged more.

I'm sorry. I have let you down! I shall add more sas into our next session and will bring victory to us all.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Personally, I'm looking forward to if they will ever get rid of that stupid car mechanic, otherwise I have no expectations. I've come to realize that the new mario party games will never meet the same level of excitement for me as they did when I was a kid. Mario Party 4 was the perfect game for me and I don't think they can recapture that feeling again for me. Not saying I don't enjoy the new games, it's just not quite how it used to be for me as a kid.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

After hearing how your relationship works, Calli will one day say "I want to have a baby" and it'll happen, as her word is law.

Well well. Turns out you are correct. We actually decided the beginning of this year to try for a baby. So yes my word is law.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Well, enjoy parenthood, both of you!

I know that Mario Party took a lengthy break between 8 and 9 after coming up with a new installment almost every year, but I didn't know that it came back by moving everyone all at once. That's a radical departure of core gameplay if there ever was one.

We will keep you guys updated probably with how parenthood goes when we get there. Most likely I'll be bitching about it in videos anyhow when it happens.

It was truly a mistake for them to put everyone in the same vehicle. It really makes it so boring to watch and makes it so linear in how you progress through the board. I'm sure Michael and I will rag about the mechanic when we get there.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

You will all find out when it is posted. You will know because it is obvious I lost my mind.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

oldskool posted:

Calli please don't hate me but I want to see the rest of mini-game island.
Also I got a lot of nostalgia hearing that thumbstick grinding along the edges of the N64 controller.
Totally didn't know about those alternate controllers! Wish I'd gotten one because the trident was just sort of awkward.

I can't hate you darling. If I do the rest of mini game island I'm going to need a stronger drink then coca-cola.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Computer controlled players either don't know about the phrase "happy wife, happy life" or know about it all too well.

Pretty sure it is the latter

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

I think Mario Party 2 is definitely not a fun game. We also dicked ourselves over with the mini game explanations being off but I think it makes us stronger in the end. I have found that I like the mini games and am growing more comfortable with them so hopefully changing the computer difficulty will makes things easier for us. If it helps, know we are still madly in love and that mario party is not destroying this marriage. its just another test in our love and another step into us communicating better.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Senerio posted:

Peach's got it

your persistence is admirable

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Senerio posted:

Note that should you switch to someone else, I will still be voting for Peach when she shows up.

drat. im probably going to switch to daisy when she becomes part of the games since she was my number one chick. peach was always more of a side chick when i was a kid.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Just catching up with Western land.

I screamed when Calli didn't bet everything she had in a duel with an easy computer.

I'm sorry. I didnt go in for the kill and I have let you all down.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

mateo360 posted:

Of course I'd look best in a bikini :sparkles:

thats why your my number one choice. :cheeky:

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

CJacobs posted:

This video gets uncomfortably quiet for the last ten minutes or so! :stare:

Isn't this what everyone wanted? I was more mad at myself then anything for not doing better. Hopefully changing the difficulty for the computers will make this more fun for us.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

We will see. This weekend we will be trying to finish Mario Party 2 and I want to start if not push through Mario Party 3 like an idiot but I highly doubt we will get that far.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Yapping Eevee posted:

:getin: I hope the CPU changes helped.

I think the changes helped a lot. I think there are multiple reasons though this session went so well. The changing of the computer difficulty is a big part of it but I also changed my work schedule so I am over all a more happy person so the losing doesnt bother me as much and I seem to be able to play better now that I can concentrate and not worry about work the next day or what is going on later that week.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

This is it folks, this is the one where Calli gets back on top.

Horror Land is the best board in MP2 by far. There's so much more going on here than in the other boards we've seen so far.

Edit: Michael please post Baby Mode Teddy

Baby Mode is on the way

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Senerio posted:

Turns out persistence pays off. Pay no attention to that first map.

Yes yes it does. I did not let you down this time my friend.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Kilza posted:

Michael. I can't believe my belief in you didn't pay off. :negative:

Also I love the list of places that was rattled off around the 12:30. Hawaii. Florida. Calgary? ...Lethbridge?!? ...Almost Banff?!?!? An interesting random list of places when put together.

We really haven't been to a lot of places. We live on a pretty tight budget so the more extravagant or far off places we were able to go to because of Michael's family. In October though we might make our first trip down to the states by ourselves which is exciting.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

If it was up to Michael we would not be playing the single mode at all. He would just say f-it to the two boards we need to unlock and just move on with his life but I am too dumb to accept this. Therefore single player must be finished and this means we must suffer.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

I'm going with Calli again, she's got the momentum, the confidence, and the swagger of a champion.

I didn't know my body contained any swagger. I will try not to let you down with this statement.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

I thought I was the heart breaker until Kilza came along with this statement. Bad Michael.

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

Folt The Bolt posted:

Have fun with dueling Yoshi.

I'm sure it will go well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Callifornia2
Oct 16, 2014

MR. J posted:

So did you lose the game audio or was the music a design choice? :v:

Sssshhhhh you weren't suppose to point it out.

• Locked thread